Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now that Judy has been given the boot

Begins with S between Eggertsville and Williamsville
    Originally posted by citymouse
    This could not be fyrther from the truth.
    The people in power behind the scenes ( The Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Carl Paladino, and all the other connected developers, as well as Various state agencies and authorities, like the Niagara power authority)certainley don't want Byron Brown.
    They have had a willing partner in City hall for the last twelve years and they are going to lose him.
    They are scared as hell.
    Why do you think Paladino has financed Helefer for 75% of his campaign so far, Because he believes in him?
    The unions may be helping Brown put they have donated less than 20% of his funding. Citizens and small business people , and some larger developers tha have been locked out by city hall and the "Gang of eighteen"have donated the other 80%.
    Check it out.
    And the unoins are surley not in power and controlling things. Otherwise we would not have a control board made up mostly of Partnership people and costing us two million a year, oh yeah, we would all have contracts instead of costly court battles that are wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars of tax payer money.
    Get your facts straight.
    And "Get my facts straight".......I posed no facts.......

You basically agreed in a roundabout way with what I was saying.... That the struggle for power in this town isn't about me or you.....it is about who is working behind the scenes to get control of city hall........... There are power srtruggles all the time by various groups to gain the political edge and an in-road to city hall or what not....they may have different faces....but surely they are not the faces of city residents.....and that is the saddest part of all....
    Christopher Byrd
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    http://indabuff.com
    http://broadwayfillmorealive.org

You are absolutely right about Hamburger Helfer

I don't know if you saw the "showdown in the square" but not one candidate made a lessening remark towards another candidate, some even agreed with what another had to say.

The power isn't with "the people"...

I have been saying since January that this year's election is going to be a "shake-up" one.

It sounds like you are a little jilted because "the people" didn't select/sign for Judy; or at least as much as you had hoped. Now, it seems you have the attitude of blaming to unions for holding so much control over the voting process.

The people (IMO) still will have the power come September, and into November. Just because it looks like the PC has flopped this year doesn't mean the people won't have an alternate choice.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    You are absolutely right about Hamburger Helfer

I don't know if you saw the "showdown in the square" but not one candidate made a lessening remark towards another candidate, some even agreed with what another had to say.

I have been saying since January that this year's election is going to be a "shake-up" one.

It sounds like you are a little jilted because "the people" didn't select/sign for Judy; or at least as much as you had hoped. Now, it seems you have the attitude of blaming to unions for holding so much control over the voting process.

The people (IMO) still will have the power come September, and into November. Just because it looks like the PC has flopped this year doesn't mean the people won't have an alternate choice.
    Listen this isn't about Judy.....

This is about Steve C, Judy, Darnell, Kevin G...etc.....

It has nothing to do with PC (and I would have to disagree with you on them being a flop....)

Do you think that beyond this board....and similar websites....that people know who Helfer, Steve C, Judy, Darnell, Kevin G are? The general Buffalo populace doesn't know.....

This board has 693 "members" probably 1/2 of which (conservative estimate) don't post....don't come back here with regularity.........

There is a whole Buffalo world out there that can identify who Byron Brown is.......but who can't the rest of the lot.....

This isn't a run of posts because I am upset that Judy lost her petitions due to challenge....or whatever point you are trying to make.... You fail to see the big picture....

This is a run of posts that point out the problems with our politcal system in WNY and how it is geared to keeping political lifers in office.....

I should also add that people in general....as has been evident by time itself....people are not knowledgeable about the candidates.... And they will "buy into" someone with the resources BB has.....simply because he can get his face out there....

I believe it was channel 2 or 7 that had scientific poll out there that showed beyond BB......no one had a clue about the other candidates.....

And these boards......

We know about the other candidates...because it is of interest to us..... But just because we have become schooled on the candidates, it should not fool us into thinking that whole wonderful world outside of these boards knows...
    Christopher Byrd

Candidates for the Mayor of Buffalo New York > Judy Einach > Now that Judy has been given the boot
    Tell me again that this isn't about Judy.

Under the thread title and forum board, this topic has everything to do with Judy and whether or not I participate on other message boards is irrelevant.

What I do is my business, where I go to coversate is also of my own concern... which also has no result of Judy for Mayor not receiving enough petition signatures.

This isn't a run of posts because I am upset that Judy lost her petitions due to challenge....or whatever point you are trying to make.... You fail to see the big picture....

What is the 'big picture' ?

First you said it was me knocking the PC, then you said it was the unions, then you said the people don't have the power.

Now (with the last reply) you're saying it's the people whom aren't educated about the candidates.

Still wait for you to come back and say how negative I am being.

The PC did flop, it was a waste of mismanagement and lack of open communication from the start, and now that Judy is out of the running you are saying a thread about judy in a judy forum on a message boards is not what this is all about?

How many PC candidates are still running?

Tell me again that this isn't about Judy.

Under the thread title and forum board, this topic has everything to do with Judy and whether or not I participate on other message boards is irrelevant.

What I do is my business, where I go to coversate is also of my own concern... which also has no result of Judy for Mayor not receiving enough petition signatures.

First you said it was me knocking the PC, then you said it was the unions, then you said the people don't have the power.

Now (with the last reply) you're saying it's the people whom aren't educated about the candidates.

Still wait for you to come back and say how negative I am being.

The PC did flop, it was a waste of mismanagement and lack of open communication from the start, and now that Judy is out of the running you are saying a thread about judy in a judy forum on a message boards is not what this is all about?

How many PC candidates are still running?

Mainy PC candidates are still running..Including Judy. Check the website for the complete list: www.primarychallenge.org.
    I beleive they still ahve 6-8 candidates running in primaries..which is a tremendous win for PC! Even IF(i big IF) none of them win the primary, at least the voters had a choice in candidates, unlike most election years for local offices when the incumbents go unopposed and just slide into re-election.

Even IF(i big IF) none of them win the primary, at least the voters had a choice in candidates,

Like there were no other alternatives for a Mayoral candidate?

There are now 5 runners for the people in the City of Buffalo to chose from. In other races, there are more choices than just a PC candidate as well.

I beleive they still ahve 6-8 candidates running in primaries..which is a tremendous win for PC!

Down from about 12 when the PC first began. Not much of a "tremendous win" IMO.

H e l l o.......

You told me that I was angry or upset about Judy not getting enough sigs.....that is why I was writing the way I was

I told you "Listen this isn't about Judy....." because the way I am posting isn't about Judy getting knocked off the ballot....

You bring up PC at every op you can.....to bash....

Frankly.....go re-read the posts here....

You do miss the point as the thread grew....

One more time...

The election process is set up to keep the powers that be...the powers that be.....

Peace....

AND Judy is still running.....

Amen....
    Christopher Byrd

Even IF(i big IF) none of them win the primary, at least the voters had a choice in candidates,

There are now 5 runners for the people in the City of Buffalo to chose from. In other races, there are more choices than just a PC candidate as well.

I beleive they still ahve 6-8 candidates running in primaries..which is a tremendous win for PC!

After the primary..... Buffalo will have three or 4 choices.....

Einach, Flynn, Brown & Helfer.... That is if Flynn wins the primary for the I party.....
    Christopher Byrd

A mayoral race always draws a field of candidates. I am talking about local county legislator races, in which 90% of the time, the incumbents run unopposed. PC is preventing this from happening!
    Also, it is a big win to have at LEAST 6 candidates running under the PC banner considering that they only expected to have 1 candidate in its first year of existence. They beat their goal by 600%! That isn 't huge?
    PC will grow year after year. They are already focusing on statewide offices.

Originally posted by Joegecdist2
    A mayoral race always draws a field of candidates. I am talking about local county legislator races, in which 90% of the time, the incumbents run unopposed. PC is preventing this from happening!
    Also, it is a big win to have at LEAST 6 candidates running under the PC banner considering that they only expected to have 1 candidate in its first year of existence. They beat their goal by 600%! That isn 't huge?
    PC will grow year after year. They are already focusing on statewide offices.
    PC is also pretty fairly balanced in the type of people they are runnings.....some....left...right.....north....sou th.....

You may not agree with all they are doing....or even with what Len R. is all about.....I know I don't.....but they have brought more peeps to the table...more choice.....and if anything they may help inspire other people to do the same.....
    Christopher Byrd

Judy is done!

And mercifully, we didn't elect her to find out she didn't know what she was doing!
    Thank you New York, may I please have another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jbinbny
    Judy is done!

And mercifully, we didn't elect her to find out she didn't know what she was doing!
    How is she done? She is runing as an Independent...

She is runing as an Independent

She's attempting to gather enough signatures to run as Independent. Let's not confuse the readers here. W/O the signatures, she will not be on the ballot; Judy is not running until she turns in the required amount of valid signatures.

but they have brought more peeps to the table

People whom actually could have done mostly all of the campaigning on their own, or were you meaning the people/candidates whom didn't get enough signatures?

If the Primary Challenge was all about giving the voters "more choice" why was there not enough people to help Joe G. get above the required amount of valid signatures to be on the 2nd Legisltaive ballot?

She is runing as an Independent

She's attempting to gather enough signatures to run as Independent. Let's not confuse the readers here. W/O the signatures, she will not be on the ballot; Judy is not running until she turns in the required amount of valid signatures.

but they have brought more peeps to the table

People whom actually could have done mostly all of the campaigning on their own, or were you meaning the people/candidates whom didn't get enough signatures?

If the Primary Challenge was all about giving the voters "more choice" why was there not enough people to help Joe G. get above the required amount of valid signatures to be on the 2nd Legisltaive ballot?
    Judy IS running..regardless if she gets enough signatures or not..she is currently a candidate for mayor at this point. She will continue to be a candidate until she is told by the BOE that she does not have enough signatures to run as an Independent. From what I hear..she is doing well with signatures and I don't forsee a challenge coming. How is that confusing anyone?

Judy IS running..regardless if she gets enough signatures or not..

huh?

Judy can not be a candidate unless she received the required amount of valid signatures.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information