Thread: Farewell, Mr. Watson

Farewell, Mr. Watson

Farewell, Mr. Watson

It is my understanding that Buffalo News reporter Steve Watson has been reassigned and will not be covering the Town of Lancaster news events.

In my opinion, you have been more than fair in your reporting Mr. Watson; involved and committed in making Lancaster residents knowledgeable on what’s taking place in their backyard by attending Town and Village meetings, LIDA meetings and school board meetings.

Hopefully the Buffalo News will send us another of your caliber; and soon as the school board budget hearing is near and the town election process will be heating up with the coming announcements of Party endorsed candidates.

Personally - hope the next reporter Lancaster receives :

Is Politically neutral - and interviews taxpayers.

Mr.Watson at least tried - he did respond and debate by email - Thanks.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

[QUOTE=4248;1095141]Personally - hope the next reporter Lancaster receives :

Is Politically neutral - and interviews taxpayers.

You mean like the "Source" and the "Bee"? NOT!!
    Both our local papers are nothing more than rags.
    We will miss you Mr. Watson.

Quote: "Mr.Watson at least tried - he did respond and debate by email - Thanks"
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Farewell, Mr. Watson

It is my understanding that Buffalo News reporter Steve Watson has been reassigned and will not be covering the Town of Lancaster news events.

In my opinion, you have been more than fair in your reporting Mr. Watson; involved and committed in making Lancaster residents knowledgeable on what’s taking place in their backyard by attending Town and Village meetings, LIDA meetings and school board meetings.

Hopefully the Buffalo News will send us another of your caliber; and soon as the school board budget hearing is near and the town election process will be heating up with the coming announcements of Party endorsed candidates.
    The history of the News is wait and see, Looking back at some of the writers and one can only say that the News wants to policy correct at best in the pass. I don't think Steve fell into the mould of being a yes person and I hope the next reporter has the guts to write the truth. Some times the residents are looking for the truth and when the powers to be at the News change content of a story the reporter has little control, but I think Steve was a breath of fresh air and good luck in his new reporting assignment.

OMG, Lisa Johnson covered the Village of Depew beat this week. Is this the same Johnson who was a former Lancaster Bee writer, who became Chair of the Lancaster Substance Abuse Committee before that function became defunct for lack of funding?

Will she be the one replacing Watson as the Buffalo News reporter for the Town of Lancaster?

What goes around comes around.

Yes, you are correct, Lee. She is same one.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lisa-a-johnson/39/7b/71

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information