Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redecorating the White House

Unregistered

Redecorating the White House

White House decorator Michael Smith says he'll be "utilizing affordable brands" to make the presidential mansion a home for the new first family -- but that doesn't mean Barack and Michelle Obama will have to skimp on style.

High style does not have to break a budget, whether in the White House or in your own house, celebrity designers told FOXNews.com.Call it Main Street Chic.

The Obamas, their daughters Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, and the first lady-to-be's mother, Marian Robinson, will all be moving into their new home Tuesday, soon after the president-elect takes the oath of office. Smith has a budget of $100,000 to decorate the first family's living quarters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...e-tough-times/
    Why do taxpayers have to flip the bill to redecorate the White House for each and every new President?

If they don't like how it was previously decorated, shouldn't they have to pay to redecorate, (out of their bloated salaries,) just as we do in our homes?

When are the taxpayers going to reimburse me for redecorating my home?

Maybe their redecorating should come out of the $50,000 expense account they get EVERY YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Why do taxpayers have to flip the bill to redecorate the White House for each and every new President?

If they don't like how it was previously decorated, shouldn't they have to pay to redecorate, (out of their bloated salaries,) just as we do in our homes?

When are the taxpayers going to reimburse me for redecorating my home?
    I understand your point. I think they should be responsible for purchasing their own furniture or any other asset that they can take when they leave. As far as painting, new rugs, etc, they shouldn't have to pay for that. These expenses should be at the expense of the landlord (in this case the taxpayers). I think any tenant should be entitled to move into a clean environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    I understand your point. I think they should be responsible for purchasing their own furniture or any other asset that they can take when they leave. As far as painting, new rugs, etc, they shouldn't have to pay for that. These expenses should be at the expense of the landlord (in this case the taxpayers). I think any tenant should be entitled to move into a clean environment.
    Would you say the same thing if Obama was moving out and Bush was moving in?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Unregistered
    Do you repaint and replace your carpets every four years? I don't.

Unless they're using $7.00 per gallon paint and budget style carpeting, I can't see how they would need to redo either every 4 years.

I've never known a landlord that recarpeted their apartments every four years, unless, of course, the previous tenants destroyed it. And when that happens, it usually doesn't come out of the landlords pocket. If at all possible, anyt costs up and beyond the security deposit, the landlord recoups the additional cost from the previous tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Would you say the same thing if Obama was moving out and Bush was moving in?

Yes - I voted for Bush....Obviously, I am disappointed with the outcome of his performance. I was a life long staunch republican until about 8 years ago when our local town chairman approached me to join the IP and work with him as a committee person.

Surfin' - I've been waiting for you to make a remark on how Obama is putting in a basketball court in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Surfin' - I've been waiting for you to make a remark on how Obama is putting in a basketball court in the White House.

He better becareful, he may hurt himself again!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    I thought that has already been brought up.

I suppose we're footing the bill for the BB court and the removal of the bowling alley, as well.

I'm betting these projects aren't included in the estimated remodeling costs.

I want to know when the taxpayers are going to pay for the gunite swimming pool and spa I want?

I thought that has already been brought up.

I suppose we're footing the bill for the BB court and the removal of the bowling alley, as well.

I'm betting these projects aren't included in the estimated remodeling costs.

I want to know when the taxpayers are going to pay for the gunite swimming pool and spa I want?
    Right after you sign over all your income to the FED!!

Unregistered
    As far as painting, new rugs, etc, they shouldn't have to pay for that. These expenses should be at the expense of the landlord (in this case the taxpayers). I think any tenant should be entitled to move into a clean environment.
    By the way, if we, the taxpayers, are the President's "landlords," I'd love to know why I've never received a rent payment from any President.

I want back rent with interest, NOW!!!

By the way, if we, the taxpayers, are the President's "landlords," I'd love to know why I've never received a rent payment from any President.

I want back rent with interest, NOW!!!
    Why not all the outrage over Sarah Palin spending $50,000 to redecorate the government mansion then?

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...7/palin_mayor/

I believe we're also "footing" the bill for President Obama's "smoking room" & special "designer" outfits specifically for his smoking attire while in the room............
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Why not all the outrage over Sarah Palin spending $50,000 to redecorate the government mansion then?

Because that's not coming out of my pocket.

At least I don't think so.

With politicians, you can never be too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

This was SOOOOO last year!!! No, litterally it was last year!

What's YOUR thoughts on Obama spending US tax dollars, not Alaska state tax dollars?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information