Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cops harass snowmobilers

Cops harass snowmobilers

http://observertoday.com/page/conten...id/518046.html

The cops have no problem harassing people that just take a ride on their snow machines, business owners know that harassing people is not a good idea to get them to come back and spend cash. In a time of financial trouble for the state and the county pissing people off who bring cash in to the county is not a good idea.

The really stupid thing is that the county keystone cops have 2 bodies dedicated to harassing people on snowmobiles.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Quote Originally Posted by Slim.fsp View Post

The cops have no problem harassing people that just take a ride on their snow machines, business owners know that harassing people is not a good idea to get them to come back and spend cash. In a time of financial trouble for the state and the county pissing people off who bring cash in to the county is not a good idea.

The really stupid thing is that the county keystone cops have 2 bodies dedicated to harassing people on snowmobiles.
    where does this occur?

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    where does this occur?
    Chautuqua county. Mayville area normally has a lot of people that travel in to snowmobile, if this crap keeps up they will go elsewhere to ride and when they are not riding, eating, renting motel rooms, buying gas, buying gear, drinking alcohol, smoking tobacco. WNY is not the only place that has snow in the winter and there is a lot of competition out there for the snowmobiler dollars.

NYS is already getting a cut from practically every purchase they make in the area but they are getting greedy and wanting to cite them and steal more dollars from their pockets.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Your not being harassed. Since people seem to not want to register their sleds, the police have to do their job and enforce the rules. It's the people who are not registering their equipment that are the problem.

Unregistered
    It is the same story for us motorcycle riders. The police look at this as a great opportunity to fund raise. Every time there is a bike rally the police take the opportunity to make safety stops.

Snowmobilers don't face any more scrutiny than those of us that boat do.
    Hell, the jag-offs on their jet-skis have more of a legit gripe IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot56 View Post
    Your not being harassed. Since people seem to not want to register their sleds, the police have to do their job and enforce the rules. It's the people who are not registering their equipment that are the problem.
    First of all, registering has nothing do with safety or anything of that nature at all. It is a way to collect MORE money from people.

Its like emmisions and inspections. Has nothing to do with the enviroment, and has EVERYTHING to do with money

Waah Waah Waah.

We wanna ride our sleds without licenses, and perhaps have a few beers in the process. And the cops won't let us. They're picking on us, I tell you.

Waah Waah Waah,

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    First of all, registering has nothing do with safety or anything of that nature at all. It is a way to collect MORE money from people.

Its like emmisions and inspections. Has nothing to do with the enviroment, and has EVERYTHING to do with money
    I never said it had anything to do with safety, I just said that it wasn't harrassment. The police don't make the laws, they have to enforce them, even if they don't agree with some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Waah Waah Waah.

We wanna ride our sleds without licenses, and perhaps have a few beers in the process. And the cops won't let us. They're picking on us, I tell you.

Waah Waah Waah,

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/36972894.html

Drinking beer sounds like a good thing to do while you are operating your sled.

I sometimes wish the sheriffs or troopers would "harass" the snowmobilers in the Town of Alden. There are designated trails, none of which go through my yard/land. I have had young trees uprooted or shapped off by them on more than one occasion. It also is very unpleasent to hear them going across the lawn at 4 in the morning when the bars close. I was told that I could do nothing about the front yard, as this is part of the right of way. The back yard is posted, no one has asked me permission to ride through. I'm can't remember the date, but in recent history there was a severe accident regarding a snowmobile and a wire fence. The land owner and his insurance company wound up losing. It's very easy to see my split rail fence, even with the snow. The cow fence though, is totally hidden by drifts. It worries me, not only annoys me.

The police don't make the laws, they have to enforce them, even if they don't agree with some of them.
    Bull!!! Cops every day choose not to enforce laws. I have seen a cops many times passing someone that has a light out or is exceeding the speed limit. Some cops do not arrest people that have a joint or a open container in the car. They are not enforcing the laws as they are written also they do not know every law because it is impossible to read every law, but if you try to tell a judge that you did not know the law existed they will say that is not a valid excuse.

If the cops were enforcing the laws then they would be set up on the main roads clocking every car and if the car was going 1 mph over the speed limit they would be pulling them over.

I am not saying that cops not enforcing bad laws is bad but if they were truly law enforcers they would enforce every law equally.

The excuse that "I am just doing my job" does not absolve you from responsibility the Nuremberg trials made that very clear.

2 + 2 = 5

Bull!!! Cops every day choose not to enforce laws. I have seen a cops many times passing someone that has a light out or is exceeding the speed limit. Some cops do not arrest people that have a joint or a open container in the car. They are not enforcing the laws as they are written also they do not know every law because it is impossible to read every law, but if you try to tell a judge that you did not know the law existed they will say that is not a valid excuse.

If the cops were enforcing the laws then they would be set up on the main roads clocking every car and if the car was going 1 mph over the speed limit they would be pulling them over.

I am not saying that cops not enforcing bad laws is bad but if they were truly law enforcers they would enforce every law equally.

The excuse that "I am just doing my job" does not absolve you from responsibility the Nuremberg trials made that very clear.
    Of course they can't enforce all of the laws all of the time, they may be going to a call or doing paperwork. If you are a cop and you can't pull both cars over which car are you going to pull over?:

OR

Obviously the second car b/c you have more potential to get something out of the stop besides a citation. (i.e. drugs, guns, warrants)

Of course they can't enforce all of the laws all of the time, they may be going to a call or doing paperwork. If you are a cop and you can't pull both cars over which car are you going to pull over?:
    ]

Obviously the second car b/c you have more potential to get something out of the stop besides a citation. (i.e. drugs, guns, warrants)
    The cops are going to pull over the second car because they believe the 2nd car is a person of middle or lower class who will not know their rights and is less likely to fight any tickets that the cop is going to issue. Also the 1st car had a license plate from Europe.

The cops are not going to enforce all the laws all the time because they know the people will not stand for that krap and outnumber the cops 1000 to 1 if not more.

2 + 2 = 5

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingKoi View Post
    I sometimes wish the sheriffs or troopers would "harass" the snowmobilers in the Town of Alden. There are designated trails, none of which go through my yard/land. I have had young trees uprooted or shapped off by them on more than one occasion. It also is very unpleasent to hear them going across the lawn at 4 in the morning when the bars close. I was told that I could do nothing about the front yard, as this is part of the right of way. The back yard is posted, no one has asked me permission to ride through. I'm can't remember the date, but in recent history there was a severe accident regarding a snowmobile and a wire fence. The land owner and his insurance company wound up losing. It's very easy to see my split rail fence, even with the snow. The cow fence though, is totally hidden by drifts. It worries me, not only annoys me.
    People trespassing on your land is wrong and I think you should be able to put up protection for your land. As for the moron that was riding on someone else land and got in a accident the driver should have been required to pay for any damage he did to the property the driver did not have the owners permission and should be liable for the damage he caused.

I never rode snowmobiles but I did ride a 4 wheeler ATV I got the permission from all the land owners who's property I crossed and told them if I did any damage to their property I would work to pay that debit.

Ohh and the thing that would bug lots of people that replied to this thread the ATV was not registered or insured.

2 + 2 = 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information