Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mail Time

Mail Time

What time does your mail arrive? Is it later than it used to be? Mine used to be 10AM for years. Then it went to 2PM. Then about six months ago it started to get delivered around 4PM. Lately it's been 5:30AM to 6PM. I didn't mind the 4PM so much. Close of business is 5PM. Most banks are open until 6PM in the evening on Fridays. But I think 6PM is kinda' late for the mail to be delivered. Especially when the post office closes at 3PM.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

around 1.30 usually, along time ago a postal carrier said, well someone needs to be first and someone needs to be last - it's just the way it is, but I know it can be aggravating.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Last Friday, mine came about 6:40 PM!

Otherwise, I don't know, cause it's before I get home.

Ours comes at all different times. It depends on the day of the week. However, we rarely receive before 2PM and it has been as late as 5:30 - 6:00 PM

I spoke with the mailman at 6:30 pm yesterday as he delivered the mail. He said that they are forcing overtime. He said he doesn't complain because they are firing people left and right.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    What time does your mail arrive? Is it later than it used to be? Mine used to be 10AM for years. Then it went to 2PM. Then about six months ago it started to get delivered around 4PM. Lately it's been 5:30AM to 6PM. I didn't mind the 4PM so much. Close of business is 5PM. Most banks are open until 6PM in the evening on Fridays. But I think 6PM is kinda' late for the mail to be delivered. Especially when the post office closes at 3PM.
    If I didn't know better, Id think we were neighbors.

You explained my mail delivery to a tee.

I asked my beloved mail-woman about this last fall after I noticed someone shadowing her. She said they were redoing routes for 'efficiency', which she went on to say didn't make much sense. I went from a 3 pm mail time to about a 11 am time. And in the process, I lost the best mail lady in the world. Thankfully she didn't get fired but she was moved to a different route.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    If I didn't know better, Id think we were neighbors.

You explained my mail delivery to a tee.
    We may be, you never know Well, not out in the open MB anyway
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    I asked my beloved mail-woman about this last fall after I noticed someone shadowing her. She said they were redoing routes for 'efficiency', which she went on to say didn't make much sense. I went from a 3 pm mail time to about a 11 am time. And in the process, I lost the best mail lady in the world. Thankfully she didn't get fired but she was moved to a different route.
    I know what you mean some people are just nicer than others. This goes for the post office too. We actually have very good ones now.
    The one that used to deliver the mail at 2PM used to ring the doorbell to make my dogs bark. After I had disconnected the doorbell he would slam the mailbox lid just to make my dogs bark. I tried to take it all in stride, like
    "Ha, ha, you made my dogs barks, you have complete control over me, aren't you a talented man? " sort of thing.
    Then one day I had a migraine, he made the dogs bark and I thought I was going to die I hurt so much. The next day, I literally chased him down the street, in my new white socks, to ask him to please stop. He did, for all of 2 days. So, I went and bought a new quieter mailbox and the dogs no longer barked when he tried to slam down the mailbox lid. After a couple of days he began to rattle the door knob to get my dogs to bark. He was so mean, and he looked that way too. So, I suppose I'll take late mail over that anyday.

Unregistered
    The one that used to deliver the mail at 2PM used to ring the doorbell to make my dogs bark. After I had disconnected the doorbell he would slam the mailbox lid just to make my dogs bark. I tried to take it all in stride, like
    "Ha, ha, you made my dogs barks, you have complete control over me, aren't you a talented man? " sort of thing.
    Then one day I had a migraine, he made the dogs bark and I thought I was going to die I hurt so much. The next day, I literally chased him down the street, in my new white socks, to ask him to please stop. He did, for all of 2 days. So, I went and bought a new quieter mailbox and the dogs no longer barked when he tried to slam down the mailbox lid. After a couple of days he began to rattle the door knob to get my dogs to bark. He was so mean, and he looked that way too. So, I suppose I'll take late mail over that anyday.
    This is freaky!

My "old" mailman used to do the same thing.

This is freaky!

My "old" mailman used to do the same thing.
    You are such a wise guy!
    Stop trying to bring my ancestry out! It isn't hard to do, I had a long day at work.

!

Being a former mail carrier...is your carrier the same person ? Why, its up to the carrier to run the fastest way to deliver your mail this is why mail runs at different time. Oh, there are no more casual carriers anymore.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Unregistered
    You are such a wise guy!
    Stop trying to bring my ancestry out! It isn't hard to do, I had a long day at work.
    Actually, (for once,) I'm not being a "wise guy."

I always swore he was purposely slamming the box to rile my dog.

as long as my regular guys is working its here before 11 AM
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Actually, (for once,) I'm not being a "wise guy."

I always swore he was purposely slamming the box to rile my dog.
    I'm sorry surfin', I thought that that was one of you "Made you look" posts
    Maybe we are neighbors, or at least on the same mail route.
    That mailman was horrible. I didn't want to report him because I didn't want my mail sabotaged in a retaliatory effort from him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information