Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.2M + $100K's in legal fees?

As many of you realize that until we can get rid of some of these TB members and replace them with more level headed, responsible people, this type of insanity will continue. In fact the TS continues his plotting along with his miscalculated ideas. People that have discussed issues with him that have knowledge in some issue of his attention think he dreams things up and #'s that are not realistic and through his way of thinking believes them to be the truth. Unbelievable.

Well Plunkett thinks the town was right in firing the asst town engineer! Who pushed that one AND how much did it cost us??? The attorneys just don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Well Plunkett thinks the town was right in firing the asst town engineer! Who pushed that one AND how much did it cost us??? The attorneys just don't get it!
    Gan, even the arbitrator said that he should be fired, but Mohan did it, which was wrong. It should have been done by the entire TB
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Now the town is responsible for back pay, attorney fees, etc, etc, etc. Not to belabor the point, but the cost of the police issue along with other issues such as penalties for not paying bills on time when he first got in office. Please leave SM!

Now that the entire Western NY community is trying to carry on after the past week, our TB has two resolutions on the Monday agenda to either fire or keep the Assistant Town Engineer (part of it based on his residency). One begs to ask whether the Town Engineer has moved into town yet? Double standard?

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Was it also Plunkett [or Jones] who advised SM to bypass proper procedure in the firing?
    I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by absolivious View Post
    Was it also Plunkett [or Jones] who advised SM to bypass proper procedure in the firing?
    I think not.

I hardly think Mohan acted on his own in this mess. He wasn't the one who gathered the information, sent the certified letters, etc. Bypassing proper procedure is what Amherst is notorious for. So where was our legal department in ANY of the lawsuits filed? And didn't the legal department know that a hearing officer needed to be appointed by the TB?? Did the legal department advise Mohan or the TB of the proper procedure for terminating an employee? Plunkett was a total embarrassment to the Town in his handling of Johnsons case. He just doesn't know the rules & he shoots from the hip! The Town Attorneys should publicly state that they advised Mohan of proper procedure & he chose to ignore it.(if that's the case). The taxpayers are being robbed due to total incompetance!

I hardly think Mohan acted on his own in this mess. He wasn't the one who gathered the information, sent the certified letters, etc. Bypassing proper procedure is what Amherst is notorious for. So where was our legal department in ANY of the lawsuits filed? And didn't the legal department know that a hearing officer needed to be appointed by the TB?? Did the legal department advise Mohan or the TB of the proper procedure for terminating an employee? Plunkett was a total embarrassment to the Town in his handling of Johnsons case. He just doesn't know the rules & he shoots from the hip! The Town Attorneys should publicly state that they advised Mohan of proper procedure & he chose to ignore it.(if that's the case). The taxpayers are being robbed due to total incompetance!
    Gan,
    Doc is "king!" he gets an idea he goes with it no matter what ANYONE tells him. He was in no mood for another Canna case. He is King and he can fire anyone. Just ask him he will tell you.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by forreason View Post
    Now that the entire Western NY community is trying to carry on after the past week, our TB has two resolutions on the Monday agenda to either fire or keep the Assistant Town Engineer (part of it based on his residency). One begs to ask whether the Town Engineer has moved into town yet? Double standard?
    I was at the TB meeting last night, looks like we are down to only 1 carpetbagger in the engineering department now! Hmmm, wonder how much this is gonna cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I'm sure that they aren't the only ones disgusted with Doc for not following the advice given on a topic.

Oh, to be sure!

Why would it be good advice to fire him a second time? His lawyer makes a good point: "His driver's license has an Amherst address, he has voted in Amherst for 13 years and has served jury duty twice as an Amherst resident." Just having bills come to his Amherst residence is enough to get him a Residents Recreation Card, why not to establish residency for other purposes?
    How much will the next law suit cost us? And again we are down to 1 engineer in the engineering department. What is the real reason for firing him?

As for more costs, are we now paying consultants to inspect PIPs? Didn't the engineering dept used to do that?
    Last edited by Add It Up; February 25th, 2009 at 12:56 AM.

From what I have heard, the Engineering Dept. has almost always hired a third party to do those inspections (from a "tight" group of companies). As far as this individual is concerned, it was in the best interest of the town (not for just management purposes) to have this person terminated. The word "carpetbagger" from what I understand is a polite way of describing this person.

Quote Originally Posted by forreason View Post
    From what I have heard, the Engineering Dept. has almost always hired a third party to do those inspections (from a "tight" group of companies). As far as this individual is concerned, it was in the best interest of the town (not for just management purposes) to have this person terminated. The word "carpetbagger" from what I understand is a polite way of describing this person.

I think that you could have made your point without stating "from a tight group of companies". I think the low bidder got the jobs. So how does it work in the Building Department? Do Danni & Ketchum do the inspections? So why should Johnson do those inspections? And why was his termination in the "best interest of the town"? Your opinion? I hope the TB won't stop at Johnson. I understand that the other Carpetbagger is renting in Amherst too, while his family lives in Rochester! Maybe Johnson's attorneys can build a case around that. But back to the point. How much more will this cost US??

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    If one does a little research, areas of malfeasance and misappropriation of funds can be found as well.

Go back to the period of the Anthony Canna hearings (I and II). Mr J was alllegedly heavy into "playing games" as Asst Engineer. But exposure at that time would have severely undermined the Town's case against Canna.

Underdog - You out there?

Gandalf,
    I am sorry if I touched a nerve in regard to a select group of companies being provided the opportunity to enter contracts with the town to do these specific inspections. I by all means did not suggest that any department or assistant department head would be involved or obligated to do inspection that were the responsibility of their department. I do agree with how the TS has caused quite a disruption in how departments should be properly managed and operated especially what has happened in the Eng. Dept. during his tenure in office. Yesterday in the "Bee" the TS continued his assault on all town employees once again with his "tainted" information. I understand that a majority of the TB members are also getting tired of his ideas and issues. So let us meet on some common ground in the hope that someone out there can oust this individual out of office this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information