Thread: Is there a new political party in the village?

Is there a new political party in the village?

This was in the Bee heard section of the Lancaster Bee-
    The Village of Lancaster recently has new political party signs popping up on lawns. There has been no coverage of this in any of the newspapers. I’m very curious as to what is going on. Obviously, there is a challenge to the longtime unopposed party in the village. Interesting.
    Anyone have knowledge of the new party?

Georgia L Schlager

Yes there is gorja the new party is "Integrity of Choice Party "

"Let's bring Integrity & Pride back into our Village of Lancaster" is the motto and Russell W. Sugg is running as Trustee for the Village.

Is this the guy who is a "Property Appraiser"

Who is on their Committee ?

I am trying to see if the Board of Elections has them listed - so far they have filed no "disclosure" forms with ECBOE.
    Last edited by 4248; February 1st, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Political feud offers Lancaster voters choice in March vote
    From the Buffalo News-
    Rejected by his own party, Lancaster Village Trustee Edward M. Marki is coming out swinging in his re-election campaign by forming an Integrity of Choice Party and railing against the Citizens Party – a “political machine” whose backing he sought last fall.

“With one party ruling everything, how are you going to have your needs addressed?” Marki said in an interview.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130219899/1003

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Political feud offers Lancaster voters choice in March vote
    From the Buffalo News-

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130219899/1003
    Marki always seemed a bit "underqualified" for the position if you ask me. It comes as no surprise to me that his own party would prefer to have a more electable candidate in his place. The cell phone issue smells of misappropriation as well.

John F. Kennedy once said: Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. I was reminded of that statement after perusing the Frustrated Lancaster trustee forms new party article in The Buffalo News this morning and referenced in the posts above.

The article points out that M. Marki plans to come out swinging/railing against/ wants to end the nepotism and spoils system in the Village. The article also goes on to say that Mr. Marki did not get the Citizen Party endorsement ... hence his initiating a new party line? The article is also quick to note that there is some question about Mr. Marki's Village provided cell phone usage and absences from meetings? Lots of blame game, finger pointing and he said/she said. What they're not saying are what exactly are the issues? What needs are not being met? I find it terribly difficult to believe that voting machine placement and what band to hire for the Fourth of July warrants the need to establish yet another Party.

Reviewing the numerous threads in this forum, it has been clearly pointed out by many that we all agree that the Town Ethics Code, Town Ethics Board or invoking Town Whistleblower Policy should provide sufficient coverage for anyone bringing the issues forward. The same should apply to the Village. I believe we've also come to the conclusion that ranting, raving and sophmoric approaches will get us nowhere. Concentrating on how things were handled in the past or presently is the bottom-line here and what we need to modify as forum threads have expressed. We need to present our officials with the issues of concern in a businesslike, respectable, concerted way. Negotiation is all about discussing the goal(s) of finding gratifying solutions that meet everyone's needs. And isn't that what we expect of our elected officials?

Creating a public perception that I didn't get my own way so I'll go off and start a new party line may not be in everyone's best interest. Creating an atmosphere of distrust, nasty undertones and etc. is not going to garner support because the real issues are not being addressed and the public is ill-served by political mudslinging.

Well put-thank you

Almost 100 years of infusion

Well stated Rose - your sounding more and more like a future Politician.

If Mr.Marki or anyone else wants to start a new "Party Line" good for him - others should watch and learn just how easy it is. Better yet - there is always talk here about starting a new party - get involved and learn how its done. Call Mr.Marki and volunteer to help.

It is easy for the Controlling Majority to paint someone as abusing a system they themselves set up. They are well versed at the nuances of what they can do. They simply plant a few "Perceptions" of wrong doing and the media and rumor mill will do the rest.

The people who run the Village are basically the same as those entitlement families who run Lancaster. Some probably don't remember - one of the Major local developers was also employed by Depew.

Many of Lancaster's employees, appointed and elected officials share the familial and political lineage with not only the Village of Lancaster but Depew as well.(Its like Depew is Lancasters Political Farm team)

When one lived in the past - one learns from the past - when one uses that to shape the future - its either called a conspiracy or education.

If you take everything at face value your bound to be lead. It used to be a mans hand shake was a bond and contract - now a days in Politics you watch what the other hand is doing and check to see if your ring is still on your finger.
    Last edited by 4248; February 11th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information