Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe G. is out of the running

Joe G. is out of the running

As a question was answered in a different thread, it was confirmed that Joe Gartler came up short on getting signatures to run for 2nd District Erie County Legislature.

This leaves the floor wide open for Kennedy & Sullivan.

stevenco
    ..sounds too much like Joel G.

NO

Any word on who else might have bombed out.

Or has been placed on the ballot?

TIA
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

the PC candidate running for comprtroller too.

they didnt get enough signatures. Sorry to bring bad news, but I give them creidt for trying.

TIA

??? what is TIA?

Thanks in advance.

I am very.... very... VERY disappointed in Joe Gartler for coming up short. I thought he said he got 400 Signatures the 1st day.

And no, I'm serious. I am very disappointed. He had a lot of heart and a lot of ideas.

That really sucks.
    Sorry Joe
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Hello All-
    I actually ended up with just over 600 signatures for my petitions. I needed a minimum of 500..so I might be ok, even if the BOE throws some out.

Hello All-
    I actually ended up with just over 600 signatures for my petitions. I needed a minimum of 500..so I might be ok, even if the BOE throws some out.
    I did notify PC about a week before the signatures were due, that I wasn't going to make it. However after that, I, as well as some of my supporters went out and received a bunch more signatures.
    Anyway, we will see how it goes. If I do fall short, I will be back in 2 years with a much better and more organized campaign.
    If anything, this was a learning experience for me as this was my first run at elective office....

A thought to ponder....
    There was a man who ran for elective office 11 times and lost all 11 times. Then on the 12th time he won..that man was Abraham Lincoln!

Thank you all for your support and wishes

Joe Gartler

What gives, NO.

Not only did you report that Joe came up short, but that it was confirmed.

Whazzup?

Biker, I saw a story on the news the other night about how 2 PC candiates came up short in the signatures, so I created a thread in the Primary Challenge forum; Cindy Locklear replied and said Joe G. and the PC Candidate running for comptroller came up short.
    CindyLocklear

Hi NightOwl

The two PC candidates who did not garner the minimum sigs for their races were Joe G. and Robert Stoklosa (Comptroller race).
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forum/show...0166#post50166

Best wish Joe G. - No one can say that you didn't try.

ReformWNY, that's what Joe said.
    know we are doing good with petitions so far, last count we were close to 400, not bad for the first day, and it's only 12:30pm.

Yup, sounds like it was confirmed.

As the real campaigns start now, we'll have to be real careful for active disinformation being sown by the more experienced major party candidates.

pheonix?

Is Joe still alive ... I am waiting for OFFICIAL WORD! Even so, I encourage my friend to continue his running on another party line, if time allows?
    Check out aronspub.com. Free entertainment advertising available. email me for details!

sigs

NightOwl Wrote: "Biker, I saw a story on the news the other night about how 2 PC candiates came up short in the signatures, so I created a thread in the Primary Challenge forum; Cindy Locklear replied and said Joe G. and the PC Candidate running for comptroller came up short."

My response: The goal for PC legislator candidates was 700-800 signatures...I came up short (based on the PC goal), just getting over 600, but that is more than the 500 I needed based on the BOE requirement. However, my problem is that the BOE will more than likely throw out more than 100 of my signatures just so I am not on the ballot. We all know the BOE favors the major party candidates.
    But hey, no hard feelings...I gave it a lot of effort and I have no regrets....besides, as I said before, it was a great learning experience and all that I've learned from this race will help me with the next race I run in...and beleive me..there will be another race that I'll be running in....

Joe Gartler

Cindy Locklear

Speaking of Cindy Locklear...
    She is GREAT and I really hope that she gets in!!!
    I really think she has a great chance of winning and she is going to be a great legislator.
    She is smart, she doesn't take any BS, she doesn't talk any BS either! She speaks the way it is and she is NOT just talk. That is what we need in county government.
    If I don't end up on the ballot, I am going to do everything I can to help her with her campaign, and I encourage you all to do the same.
    Believe me, she is absolutely going to knock the socks of the legislator when she gets in..they aren't going to know what hit them!

Joe Gartler

"However, my problem is that the BOE will more than likely throw out more than 100 of my signatures just so I am not on the ballot. We all know the BOE favors the major party candidates."

Joe - Save yourself your pride, and don't blame the BOE. They can only throw out signatures for very specific reasons. If they find an issue with 100 signatures, it is because they are invalid, not because they are for Joe Gartler.... and you know that as well as I do.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information