Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: Gun Center

Your Permit to Carry Concealed is now called Pistol/Revolver License.
    http://alliedsportsmen.com/ny-safe-a...cense-renewal/

This is nothing more than tracking for confiscation. Cuomo has said multiple times both from his sewer of a mouth and his pen that he wants to make NYS a shall not issue state. This has nothing to do with recertification of a pistol permit and everything to do with tracking type and location of guns.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Your Permit to Carry Concealed is now called Pistol/Revolver License.
    http://alliedsportsmen.com/ny-safe-a...cense-renewal/

This is nothing more than tracking for confiscation. Cuomo has said multiple times both from his sewer of a mouth and his pen that he wants to make NYS a shall not issue state. This has nothing to do with recertification of a pistol permit and everything to do with tracking type and location of guns.
    You already have to list each pistol/revolver you own or co-own on your license, and you already have to inform your county pistol permit office of any changes in your address. So the only difference is that the information is being collected in a state database every 5-years. I believe each county transits all information to the state as it is received anyway.

I think it is more likely going to be used to impose a state re-registration fee in the future to raise more funds for the illegal alien legal defense program Cuomo wants to operate.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think it is more likely going to be used to impose a state re-registration fee in the future to raise more funds for the illegal alien legal defense program Cuomo wants to operate.
    Your making that up now. Cuomo and crew wouldn't put people from other countries best interest over current net tax paying New Yorkers. New Yorkers have issues of their own they need to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Your making that up now. Cuomo and crew wouldn't put people from other countries best interest over current net tax paying New Yorkers. New Yorkers have issues of their own they need to deal with.
    The governor said he will be proposing a new "public/private legal defense fund" that will be available to immigrants who are unable to afford legal services. The plan will be included in his proposed 2017 state budget that he will unveil in January.
    Cuomo proposes immigrant defense fund, decries post-election anger

He also said:

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Sunday took to an historic Harlem church to rail against what he says has been increasing public expressions of anger and anxiety in the nation by supporters of Donald Trump since his election as president. "New York is going to lead the way in stopping the anger," Cuomo told congregants in Abyssinian Baptist Church during its 9 a.m. service. He added, "You spread fear and we will spread love."
    I'm guessing he didn't foresee the attack on the future first lady and her children on the plane by the two Cuomo supporters from New York City or this weeks attack by the animals in Chicago.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I wonder if Jeremy Zellner along with the www.ecdems.com party officers know this.

I would not want anyone on my town board who would support Cuomo and his ideas. We have people right in Cheektowaga who don't need to fund this BS. That is how I look at it.

Take care of our own first.

Tell you one thing. Seeing Trump beat the machine was a good pick me up.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You already have to list each pistol/revolver you own or co-own on your license, and you already have to inform your county pistol permit office of any changes in your address. So the only difference is that the information is being collected in a state database every 5-years. I believe each county transits all information to the state as it is received anyway.

Just before I retired I went to the pistol permit office to "get legal*" again. My paper permit, issued in the early 1980's was torn and the picture fell off. All I really had was the permit number and my name. I had one pistol that I had sold, years ago, to another officer who coincidentally, had a FFL and home business. The PP clerk was reluctant to take the gun OFF my permit without proof of sale but with one phone call and the serial number of the handgun, she was able to determine when and who I sold the gun to. Gun tracking exists like you said. Nothing to see here.

(*) as an active federal law enforcement officer I was exempt from the permit requirements in NYS. LEOSA notwithstanding, retirement muddied that standing so I reestablished my permit. Unsure if I am subject to this renewal in that the plastic card was printed ini December 2014. We will see if I get the letter.

b.b.

I just recertified online, took less than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roman View Post
    I just recertified online, took less than 5 minutes.
    should have waited and done it by mail. Gun owners need to stand together on this and everyone hold off until late December early January and do it by certified signature required return receipt mail to make it as costly and burdensome on the state as possible. Doing it electronically puts the info directly into their database and requires no work on their end. Doing by mail makes someone on their end have to input everything
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

wait right to the end. this is BS by Cuomo and the nysp. your guns are reg in erie county that's all that is needed . like nysp wanted to track ammo. but cant figure out how.
    how many of those automatic guns have been reg. not many.

Today the Erie County Legislature passed a resolution in support of repealing portions of the SAFE Act in Upstate NY. Recently, Senator Rob Ortt, Senator Mike Ranzenhofer and others introduced a bill that would eliminate the unnecessary regulations placed on lawful gun owners.

I wonder what this lib tim kennedy thinks bout this

Erie County joins support to repeal burdensome SAFE Act regulations

The Erie County Legislature approved a resolution supporting the repeal of the SAFE Act in Upstate New York at the Thursday, March 9, 2017 session. The resolution, sponsored by the Majority Caucus, supports a Senate bill that calls for the repeal of the unnecessary regulations placed on lawful gun owners that accomplish nothing but creating bureaucratic, expensive hoops to jump through.

“The New York State SAFE Act has been a burden for lawful gun owners from the day it was approved. This resolution supports removing the sections of the Act that are unnecessary while maintaining provisions that are worthwhile and actually help make our communities safer. Mainly, the repeal would eliminate the redesigned, excessive registration process that lawful gun owners must now go through,” said Legislator Edward Rath.

“I’ve heard from numerous constituents who have been negatively impacted by the SAFE Act. This law was rushed through the state legislature in 2013 by downstate officials with very little opportunity for public input and without consideration for lawful gun owners. Senator Ortt’s legislation will help protect the constitutional rights of upstate residents,” said Legislator Ted Morton.

The state bill is sponsored by Senator Rob Ortt and calls for the repeal of provisions of the SAFE Act in areas outside of New York City. Local Western New York Senators Patrick Gallivan and Michael Ranzenhofer are cosponsors. The legislation repeals the five-year recertification requirement for pistol permits; fully repeals the ammunition database; repeals the statewide license and record database, which will save taxpayers millions of dollars; and authorizes the transfer of firearms, rifles and shotguns to family members as part of an estate. The bill keeps in place the necessary laws against unlawful use of firearms.

“The Senate bill makes sense for Erie County and similar counties outside of NYC. Our lawful gun owners should not be faced with regulations that limit their constitutional rights,” said Legislator Rath.

WOW............ this is really going to piss the libs off.

ATLANTA (AP) -- The National Rifle Association is offering insurance for people who shoot someone, stirring criticism from gun-control advocates who say it could foster more violence and give gun owners a false sense of security to shoot first and ask questions later.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m...102308783.html

cant wait almost there. The showdown over the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5329ef3...ae31bcdad91/th

wnyers see gun control bills an all out assault on their rights. so they all complain about the gun laws and these politicians do what they want on this subject.

But nobody does anything about it. that's all I hear my rights are being taken away. everyone on these idiot politicians around here wants this.
    I was at Cabelas the other day the line or wait to buy a gun was over an hour.

A State Assembly bill to ban charity gun raffles is not scheduled for a vote and lacks a Senate companion bill. Yet local gun owners say they are still alarmed by what they see as an all-out assault on their right to own weapons.

“I think it stinks,” said Mark E. Fraunfelder, an East Aurora firefighter, at a Saturday gun raffle in Elma. “It’s a great way to raise money, and they’re trying to take it away from us. All the different laws they’ve passed – they’re just trying to take our guns.”

“The governor is just running roughshod over the whole state," echoed fellow attendee Ken King. "He just gets whatever he wants now. … Once the Republicans lost the Senate, he’s got no one challenging him.”

These are anxious times for many gun owners in New York State, who say they feel besieged by a ream of new and wide-ranging gun control laws. Since Democrats took control of the State Legislature in the November elections, they have passed bills banning bump stocks, lengthening background check waiting times and requiring gun owners with young children to lock up their firearms.

Some 160 other gun control bills also have been introduced this session, including one proposal by Brooklyn Assemblywoman Joanne Simon that would prohibit gun raffles like one held Saturday at Jamison Road Volunteer Fire Company. The organization has held this particular fundraiser twice a year for the past 15 years, said Fire Chief Brian Nolan, and currently makes about $32,000 each year from it.

Can't find ammo we that shoot are all in the same boat. Forget Cabelas your not going to get it there they have shrunk that ammo area down to two shelves and on delivery day you have every old fart waiting in the parking lot to rush in and buy it up. Wal mart for get it they won't stock it because of the state and Cuomo.

Here are some statistics on guns. Police depts finding it harder to find ammo but the thugs can get it without a problem.“I’ve never seen anything like it before,” Duane Hendrix, range master of the Seattle Police Athletic Association. imports of ammunition are up over 225 percent over the past two years from Russia, South Korea, and the European Union with very little ammo being exported by the US manufactures. US manufacturers say they are working overtime to keep up for the demand. The shooting sport federation has reported 20 million guns were sold last year and this year there has been 10 million new gun owners reg. So politicians like Cuomo and slow joe and your liberal politicians can cry all they want they just cant stop all of this.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread Information