Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War in Iraq is free

War in Iraq is free

Forget all the stuff about Rove.

This should be the headline news.

The war is costing about $100 billion a year.

Yesterday, the deficit estimate for this year was lowered by $90 billion!

That's huge news. But I wouldn't get many takers with a thread entitled "Deficit to be lower than projected."

How could I get folks like leets, WestsideJohn, WCP, totaltotal and company to read about this terrific economy.

So I threw you guys a little red meat.

Fooled you!!!

But this economy----the Bush economy----is the wonder of the world. The Fed has raised interest rates what, six or seven times. And long rates are lower than when they started.

The Bush jobs machine keeps churning away.

The deficit is lower because more people are working.

Can you even imagine what might have happened if Bush's original proposals (zero taxes on dividends) had passed?

But you whiners will find fault with it somehow.

Just like you're secretly glad to be protected by brave young men and women fighting a just war against a cowardly enemy.

Like I've said before "bring it on."
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Re: War in Iraq is free

Originally posted by biker
    Forget all the stuff about Rove...........Like I've said before "bring it on."
    indeed, 100%

God bless America

That's huge news. But I wouldn't get many takers with a thread entitled "Deficit to be lower than projected."

How could I get folks like leets, WestsideJohn, WCP, totaltotal and company to read about this terrific economy.

Fooled you!!!

But this economy----the Bush economy----is the wonder of the world. The Fed has raised interest rates what, six or seven times. And long rates are lower than when they started.

Can you even imagine what might have happened if Bush's original proposals (zero taxes on dividends) had passed?

Just like you're secretly glad to be protected by brave young men and women fighting a just war against a cowardly enemy.

Gee, nothing to say about Rove, Biker? I'm shocked!!! An uncomfotable subject for Bush loyalists, eh what?

So, what are your sources regarding the lowered deficit? I couldn't find anything in The Snooze, but that doesn't mean anything.

Facts please, from acceptable (i.e. not right-wing rant blog sites) sources.

I didn't see the drivel you posted on Rove when I started this.

Listen to radio news. And if the News missed it, tant mieux.

It was yesterday's news, so you might find it in The News tomorrow. In the bidness section, which I assume you never read.

Here's another tidbit for you.

Bush pledged to cut the deficit in half during last year's campaign.

You remember that, right?

The one you guys lost?

By millions of votes.

Any way, Bush is on track to fulfill that pledge.

Three years early.

Or---as I suggested at the outset---you can look at the war in Iraq as paid for.

By the Bush tax cuts.

Have you changed your registration yet?

Don't Blame Me.. I voted for Bush!
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Here's another tidbit for you.

Bush pledged to cut the deficit in half during last year's campaign.

You remember that, right?

The one you guys lost?

By millions of votes.

Any way, Bush is on track to fulfill that pledge.

Three years early.

Or---as I suggested at the outset---you can look at the war in Iraq as paid for.

By the Bush tax cuts.

Have you changed your registration yet?
    A $100,000,000,000.00 war paid for! That's pretty sweet. I thought this war would hurt the country economically. I guess I was wrong.

It's a good thing that money wasn't spent on education, health care, scientific research, or anything else! Our national intelligence agencies didn't need it either. They are running as smooth a smooth can be.

I'm happy we can finally build the Iraqi's a good infrastructure, complete with running water, clean sewers, and even reliable electric. I hear they are very appreciative of it.

Next year, when Iraq is back to normal, maybe we can finance a mission to mars!

xxx
    Last edited by leets; July 13th, 2005 at 03:30 PM.

Wars do hurt the economy.

Without it, maybe we could have paid down the debt by a few hundred billion.

I did enjoy the one news cast I heard: "The deficit---originally slated to be $333 billion----is now forecast to be almost a billion less."

Innumeracy run rampant.

Cause you know---a billion here, a billion there. Pretty soon you'll be talking real money.

Wars do hurt the economy.

Without it, maybe we could have paid down the debt by a few hundred billion.

I did enjoy the one news cast I heard: "The deficit---originally slated to be $333 billion----is now forecast to be almost a billion less."

Innumeracy run rampant.

Cause you know---a billion here, a billion there. Pretty soon you'll be talking real money.
    Wow. I didn't think my profound sarcasm was that veiled.

Fooled you!!!

I thought I would stumble on by since my name was mentioned here.

Funny how predictable Biker is. Toss out some unsubstantiated Dittohead numbers to deflect the fact that Bush's #1 go to guy has been caught exposing the identity of our undercover agents. Perhaps biker would be more interested in talking about Rove if he had lied about sex.

Serious breaches or our national security are not very interesting are they Biker?

As for your Bush economy. Have you read lately that the United states (being the largest debtor nation in the world) (most of that debt belonging to our arch communist enemy China) is currently selling off its corporations to Chinese interests at a record rate (not to mention other countries).

Biker... How is it in our national interest to fuel our massive spending binge by mortgaging our future to one of our mortal enemies.

I suppose that as long as we can keep buying SUV's it is OK to allow China the power to dictate our future.

Rove is another thread.

Why don't you guys start another thread: "As London bombings prove, Bush was right all along."

Go ahead; I'll post to it.

Gotta go now.

Would love to see some more economic retorts, though.

I agree that Chicoms holding our debt is no good.

Well, maybe some good. Maybe they'll take the nukes away from their pauper idiot in No Korea before he tries to vaporize their investment.

I could care less if he was right or wrong. I don't want my $344 or my wife's $344 going to some butthole in Iraq. I don't care if they have water. I don't care if they have electricity. I don't even care if they are tortured by some crazy dictator. Let them deal with it.

If we just didn't get involved in this crap, we wouldn't have to worry about terrorism. For once, (and i gag as i say this), we should take a note from canada.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We should have a GIANT suck-o-matic hooked to every oil well in IRAQ to offset the cash we are using to rebuilt what we bombed.

Originally posted by WNYresident
    We should have a GIANT suck-o-matic hooked to every oil well in IRAQ to offset the cash we are using to rebuilt what we bombed.
    Well that's just it...

I would fully support a war in Iraq if I could fill up my 8mpg Explorer for cheaper. I'll admit, that is a VERY selfish an immoral thing to say. However, Bush has a 79% disapproval rating for going to war with Iraq. I'd be willing to bet that that 79% would CONSIDERABLY shrink if gas prices did go down considerably as a result.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information