Thread: Hockey is back...

Hockey is back...

On one hand I'm psyched, but on the other, I'm po'd.
    As a fan, I/we are completely taken for granted. People are calling for fan boycotts, but that won't work. I did see some stuff on tsn about boycotting the first game and spending your cash at a local establishment that was hurt by the lockout.

I will hit a local place for beer and wings for the first game, and because I lack the will to boycott the NHL for long, I'll eventually line up like a good little whooping boy and buy tickets...

In all the excitement about the game's return, I'd like to see something nice done for the people hurt by the lockout, like concession folks, cameramen, etc. I know pegula did right by the Sabres employees, but others need to step up. Shane Doan did a great thing last lockout, I hope others followed in his footsteps.

This just in:

To make up the lost revenue from the holdout, the NHL announced today season ticket prices will start at $4,000 a seat and all teams are officially in the playoffs with ticket prices starting at $12,000 a seat.

Side note:

Back to the slow agonizing death known as Lindi Ruff. Just think if there was no lockout, there was a good chance he would have been fired by now for another season of under-achieving Buffalo hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO View Post
    This just in:

To make up the lost revenue from the holdout, the NHL announced today season ticket prices will start at $4,000 a seat and all teams are officially in the playoffs with ticket prices starting at $12,000 a seat.

Side note:

Back to the slow agonizing death known as Lindi Ruff. Just think if there was no lockout, there was a good chance he would have been fired by now for another season of under-achieving Buffalo hockey.
    LOL......and the DIE HARD fans would pay it....but really, who cares? The NHL, owners and players has shown that the fan loyalty is not reciprocal .

NHL is a sport?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

lol, true joe d. If the fans had as much 'union' power as the players, they could hold out on game tickets and merchandise the entire season(or whatever this will be called). After all, the fans' money controls the fate of any sports industry.

I likee the idea of hockey being backbut I'm not sure how much Iwill watch it. Might watch on nights when I can find only reruns on tv
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Thread Information