Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo's Waterfront

Buffalo's Waterfront

Can you imagine if Buffalo had a waterfront like this?

http://tinyurl.com/d8p7v
    figmo
    Buffalo Rising Journal
    http://buffalorising.com

I would be spending my retirement days down there! I would love to see it....even help build it if I could!

That would definitly bring people back to Buffalo!
    May you live forever.....and the last voice you hear.....MINE!

Imagine?

Imagine, THAT IS THE BUFFALO WATERFRONT!!!
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

figmo
    Buffalo Rising Journal
    http://buffalorising.com

D'oh!

Roflma
    You almost got me but I say the old obs tower in the background. I go in that thing every year.

BTW I heard Shanghi Reds (or whatever its called) Looked good but the food suxed and was overpriced. Anyone had good/bad experiance there?

Originally posted by steven
    Roflma
    You almost got me but I say the old obs tower in the background. I go in that thing every year.

BTW I heard Shanghi Reds (or whatever its called) Looked good but the food suxed and was overpriced. Anyone had good/bad experiance there?
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the consensus.

But if you go, and are treated poorly, complain to the management. Let them know & give them an opportunity to fix things.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

wow thats an eye opener

People try too hard here

I hope that Westcoast perspective sees this post, and maybe he can vouch for me, or not.. but honestly, places in Buffalo try to hard. They try too hard to be like other areas. A restaurant opens up on the lake, and right away they want to be San Francisco and charge 100 per person meals, and sell 11 dollar martini's. This is BUFFALO people, and if we're going to make this stuff thrive, we have to appeal to the masses, not the few and elite that can afford that.

And in all honesty, most wealthy people dont' even spend that kind of money on food. Shanghi Red's is going to fail because it's a 1 time visit place, and once everyone goes there once, they're done.

In Orange County, CA there is a small yet beautiful town called Dana Point. I used to call this home, and it is quite amazing. They had quite possibly the most amazing harbor I have ever seen, and it was always bustle with activities. There was a couple of really good (pricier) restaurants, etc... The area was completely covered with people who live in $1mil+ homes, and made more money in a year than most of us make in 10.

The most popular restaurant? El Torito... a Mexican place akin to the old "Chi Chi's" restaurants, only quite a bit more authentic. The busiest spot? The ice cream place. NOT the starbucks, NOT Harpoon Henry's. and this is where people HAVE the big bucks.

As long as we keep trying to force people of Buffalo to be something we're not, we are going to fail. As the people that try and run these "uberexclusive" bars that keep dying on the Chippewa strip. 10 dollar cover charges, and you have to have a button up shirt? Hey, it's not the wealthy people, it's the 22 year olds making 14 dollars an hour that think it's the right thing to do.

We residents of western NY need to be able to keep that waterfront afloat... not the tourists. To do that, we need a lot less of the attempts at "class" by trying to shove 50$ appetizers down our throats, and a lot more Beer/Wing/Clam places with a big patio, draught beer specials, and an ice cream stand.... we need less pretentious yacht club wannabe's that cater to .01% of the population, and more things that appeal to the average Joe... a place where Bob Cheektowagaski with his average income and average family can afford to go and spend a day without maxing out a credit card or losing any sleep.

We can learn a lot from other areas. Keep these fancy, over priced and undernourishing restaurant sinkholes. When Shanghai Reds closes ('ll give it 15 months) Maybe they'll wise up and put something there that people around here will go to as a destination and not a fluke.
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

It would be a shame to have Shanghai Red's go the route of Taylors -too expensive & elitist to survive. I remember Taylor's had a dress code for their shoppers, no sneakers or althetic attire allowed. Weird, it certainly didn't last long, now look at it.

BTW, Free Buffalo is having a cocktail party fundraiser at Shanghai's in August. They are suggesting $100/ pr. $175/pr.couple

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    $100 a person? or 175 for two.. hmmm everyone will ahve to team up

uh, huh... the more you learn, the more you know.

I could think of a lot more to spend 100 bucks on.

Reform- I've found it, and read it, and agree- but I'm too tired to type: 11:40 my time. :-/

I'll get back to it Saturday before heading to Tahoe for a couple days.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    uh, huh... the more you learn, the more you know.
    ... And knowing is half the battle!
    GI-JOE!!!!
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information