Thread: Shopper has gifts stolen in parking lot

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Shopper has gifts stolen in parking lot

Shopper has gifts stolen in parking lot

Updated: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 10:58 PM EST
    Published : Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 10:40 PM EST

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Patricia Klinger was shopping at the K-Mart on Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga Wednesday night, when a thief removed the entire locking mechanism from Klinger's van and stole all of the toys she had just bought her 8-year-old daughter for Christmas.
    "[We] came back out. I went to go stick my key in the hole, to unlock my door, and noticed that there was nothing there. And we noticed the bag was gone," Klinger said.
    She alerted K-Mart security, and was shocked at what they told her.
    Read the full story on News 4 WIVB

From the Article
    "I called Benderson; they basically laughed at me and said that they're not responsible. It's a parking lot. You shop at your own risk," Klinger said.
    She wants others to know what she learned the hard way - if your holiday packages are stolen, you can't count on the stores to help you.

Other than providing possible video from a camera what would someone expect otherwise?

I don't think store owners have insurance to cover items stolen from cars in the parking lots

She called K-mart security and not call the Cheektowaga police, Hum smells fishy. This Holiday season, like all the other Holidays people team up and do bad things. Not saying she is guilty or something but it is very difficult to prove thefts unless there was a camera which I strongly bought there was one.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

One of the reasons I pay for everything with my Visa Signature Card, which covers purchases that are stolen, damaged or lost within 90 days of purchase.

Thread Information