Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Speech

Bush Speech

Without waiting for the pundits to weigh in, my opinion is that this was a very good speech.

Especially at the end: "Our enemies are brutal. But they are no match for the men and women of the US military."
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

While that may be true, speeches don't bring back the dead boys and girls or stop their mothers from crying.
    It's not very comforting to know that your child died freeing a people who use that same said freedom to kill somebody elses kid with a road side bomb.
    Kind of takes the glory out of it.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Those brave men and women died protecting America from an evil which will visit our shores again if it's not eradicated.

Freedom isn't free! It has always been and always will be payed for in Blood.

If we were not over there do you think for one minute they would not be over here. Now I do not agree with the methods they are using but fighting them outside of our borders is much more perferable.

Ok Dove's its open season..... I am not a war monger, But I do certainly believe their is a line you cross and get you *ss kicked. Also that this country sould be doing '' A LOT" more of it!
    May you live forever.....and the last voice you hear.....MINE!

During last year's Presidential campaign, the main stream media was all giggly over those surveys saying most Americans didn't support the war in Iraq. They must've had a new one every week.

Every time, I wondered how many of the "don't approve" were those who thought we weren't aggressive enough?

How many thought we should have finished the job in Fallujah in April instead of pulling the Marines out?

So, if you combine the "support the President" with the ones who wanted him to be even more aggressive in eliminating the terrorists, I bet the poll would've showed over 75% supporting the overall strategy.

But strong support for the President on anything wasn't on their agenda last year.

Fortunately, the only poll that counts came out right.

look

Look guys, America want blood, revenge after 9/11 now that we are getting what we wanted you cry about it. I don't care who we hit after 9/11 so long we hit someone and iraq was in our way so, live with it. And for all you young boys stop crying and go join the Amry and go fight....

Bush's speech was all about telling you we are there and we are staying there until the job is done...what Bush needs to do is to close all those boarders in iran and seria to stop those fighters from coming into iraq..if I could go back I would in fact, I asked to be sent back but the Marine Corps said that's but no thanks. At least I tried to get back into the RUSH !!!!

Stop crying and start supporting your troops or you will see more emotional boys damaged beyond repair like I am.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

The open borders with Iran and Syria continues to puzzles me.

Two weeks after the war was over, noises were being made about how maybe we should keep going inot Syria and finish the job.

But Colin Powell, firmly captured by the white shoe crowd in the State Dept, went out of his way to travel there and say "No, we won't."

Too bad. We wouldn't have half the terrorist problem in Irag we do now. We would have captured the rest of the "Deck of Cards" Ba'ath scum. And we probably would have found the WMD that have been missing.

Originally posted by biker
    The open borders with Iran and Syria continues to puzzles me.

Two weeks after the war was over, noises were being made about how maybe we should keep going inot Syria and finish the job.

........ And we probably would have found the WMD that have been missing.
    \

....into Syria and then Pakistan and Egypt and then Turkmenistan and then Tajikistan

Oh look, there's the WMD right here in the US.

Originally posted by speaker
    \

....into Syria and then Pakistan and Egypt and then Turkmenistan and then Tajikistan

Oh look, there's the WMD right here in the US.
    ..and I'm not just talking about bombs.

Maybe Bauerle's show today might be of interest to you.

He's disclosing that Terry Nichols is admitting a Middle East link for the first time with the OK City bombing.

I guess your post was more accurate than you thought.

While that may be true, speeches don't bring back the dead boys and girls or stop their mothers from crying.
    Words are cheap - and so is his treatment of ex-veterans.

(The V.A. recently reported a $1 billion deficit in the FY '06 budget.)

Do you really think he can write his own speeches?.

Ever hear him talk live, or without a teleprompter, answering questions live?

Some more memorable excerpts of a few of his live, unrehearsed speeches.

"I want to make sure everybody who has a job wants a job"
    --George Bush, during his first Presidential campaign

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
    —Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."
    —Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

"We ought to make the pie higher."
    —South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000

"I'm a uniter not a divider. That means when it comes time to sew up your chest cavity, we use stitches as opposed to opening it up."
    -- Bush, on David Letterman, March 2, 2000. (the audience booed)

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." — George W. Bush, June 14, 2001. Speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all."—Remarks to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund Institute, Washington, D.C., May 22, 2001

"Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I--it's--I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values."—Visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001

'I had the opportunity to go out to Goree Island and talk about what slavery meant to America. It's very interesting when you think about it, the slaves who left here to go to America, because of their steadfast and their religion and their belief in freedom, helped change America. America is what it is today because of what went on in the past.'

'It's hard to be successful if you don't make something somebody doesn't want to buy.'

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

'Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.'

'Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it.'

"I firmly believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society."

"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected."

'This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot. I understand the emotionality of death penalty cases.'

'Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person - people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person.'

"Sometimes things aren't exactly black and white when it comes to accounting procedures ... I still haven't figured it out completely."
    - Bush when asked for details about his dealings with Harken Energy Corp., of which he was on the audit committee. G.W. Bush's father was in office in 1990 when he sold his Harken stock and the SEC did not pursue a case. -Jul 8th, 2002

"Do you have blacks too?" - Bush ignorantly asked Brazil's President Fernando Henrique Cardoso. Reported by the reputable German publication Der Spiegel. Rumor has it, Condoleza Rice interupted the president and explained in brief the African history in Brazil.

"And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give 4,000 years --4,000 hours over the next -- the rest of your life -- of service to America."" -
    G.W. Bush. April 9th, 2002. Reported by the San Francisco Gate (among others)

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than that right."-March 13th, 2000, Washington, D.C.

"{waves hello}"- G.W. Bush waves to the blind musician, Stevie Wonder, as reported by the Washington Post, March 6th, 2002

"It also makes sense for New York State to have a governor whose phone calls will be returned from the White House." -February 2002, at a fundraiser for New York's Republican governor, George Pataki.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."—September 19th, 2001

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right."—Rome, July 22, 2001

It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas. [now we know why US attacked Iraq.]

The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case.

Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods. [I wonder what he would call the "foreign oil" - trans-hemispheric?]

I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together. [duh! and huh?]

I understand small business growth. I was one.

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. [no wonder US is where it is now]

This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve.

Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness. [i wish my boss thought so too]

You can't put democracy and freedom back into a box. [i agree. you can only blast it out of existence]

Wowee, there's a fresh angle: Republican Presidents are idiots.

In a recent report the Lovenstein Institute *1 of Scranton, Pennsylvania detailed its findings of a four month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush. Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the education community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others.

According to statements in the report, there have been twelve presidents over the past 50 years, from F.D. Roosevelt to G. W. Bush who were all rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they alone produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors which were then scored in the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking.

The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

147 Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)

132 Harry Truman (D)

122 Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)

174 John F. Kennedy (D)

126 Lyndon B. Johnson (D)

155 Richard M. Nixon (R)

121 Gerald Ford (R)

175 James E. Carter (D)

105 Ronald Reagan (R)

98 George HW Bush (R)

182 William J. Clinton (D)

91 George W. Bush (R)

Imagine, a dummy like that getting an MBA from Harvard.

His Daddy must've bought it for him.

www.snopes.com

Just search for any of Avets posts you'll find they are as credible as that internet virus warning you get from your aunt everyday.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information