Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: something to think about along with my fellow veterans

To the posters who are complaining that this MB is full of liberals/democrats:

Please explain this:

http://www.speakupwny.com/forum/show...&threadid=1955

As of today, there are an even 100 replys. 65 voted that they are on the right side of the spectrum.

Please stop crying about how you're in the minority, it's not very becoming.

Originally posted by buffknut
    Speaker & others, it makes me happy to know I am "empty" to you liberal Democrats. You can be happy with Kennedy, Kerry, & the rest who truly do not take the war on terror seriously.

As I've said, this forum is hopelessly overwhelmingly liberal Democrats. I've resigned myself to that fact. Thankfully the country continues the long-term trend of moving away from your positions, as I have.

So I'll still contribute every so often because that is my right (priviledge actually), even though I am not as smart as you. I'm comfortable with my beliefs. You can choose to ignore me and insult me if you wish, that is your right also.

I thought this forum would discuss solutions to problems facing Buffalo & EC. But it can't because of your misguided hatred of yours and my President. It continues to blind you & infect too many threads.

You are all probably honorable people. Get some therapy and maybe you'll see the light.

A couple brews will do it for me!

Enjoy your weekend.
    Slinking away because you stuck your foot in your mouth, buffknut?

You claimed that the posters opposed to the Iraq war were revising history, but the fact is, it was your buddy buffalojoe who started this thread with the right-wing revised history of the US in the last 60 years.

BTW, you -- and several others -- are the ones who insert the partisanship on this board. You and your cohorts are the ones who blindly frame issues and solutions to conform to your narrow "RW conservative is always good, and anything else is bad" point-of-view.

Most posters on this board are very much like most Americans; they aren't doctrinaire "liberals" or "conservatives". On some issues we're left of center and on others we're right of center, and sometimes we're smack in the center. It all depends on the issue. Basically, most of us don't let a bunch of political hacks in Washington do our thinking for us. Deal with it.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Linda_D,

I don't know why you can take the in-your-face slinging you like to dish out, seems like you are sort of a cry baby.

And you use the typical DNC words, like YOU, YOUR...

I am sick of this State and the Pathetic Liberal Attitude and Policies which has screwed the people over, by YOUR people, like Cuomo and all the dingbats in Albany. And Hillary - Your Emperoress hasn't done a G-Damn thing for us!

While I am trying offer something WE can use, and DO ... you always retract the the condescending Democrat Mantra and blame everyone else.

Carl Rove, made is great statement recently about the comments that came out of the DNC and GOP regarding 9-11 ... and it clearly makes the point about the cowardice of the Democrats and how what the Democrats have said, are being used to fuel the hate against America!

Again, the Democrats demanded an apology ... NOT happening and it SHOULD NOT! This is politics, you play tougher than the toughest.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

Thanks Buffalojoe for this thread!
    Last edited by crusader_chris; June 25th, 2005 at 02:40 PM.

I think it is ironic we have vets living in card board boxes and a draft dodger in the white house.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by crusader_chris
    Is that why Southerners have to use "y'all"? I always thought it was just a cultural thing.
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Originally posted by crusader_chris
    Linda_D,

I don't know why you can take the in-your-face slinging you like to dish out, seems like you are sort of a cry baby.

I am sick of this State and the Pathetic Liberal Attitude and Policies which has screwed the people over, by YOUR people, like Cuomo and all the dingbats in Albany. And Hillary - Your Emperoress hasn't done a G-Damn thing for us!

While I am trying offer something WE can use, and DO ... you always retract the the condescending Democrat Mantra and blame everyone else.

Carl Rove, made is great statement recently about the comments that came out of the DNC and GOP regarding 9-11 ... and it clearly makes the point about the cowardice of the Democrats and how what the Democrats have said, are being used to fuel the hate against America!

Again, the Democrats demanded an apology ... NOT happening and it SHOULD NOT! This is politics, you play tougher than the toughest.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

Thanks Buffalojoe for this thread!
    ROFLMAO!!!

Another RW sheeple heard from. There must be a school that all RW ideologues attend so that they learn when they can't argue facts, they attack a person as a "liberal" and bring up the Clintons -- Oh, wait, isn't that the Rush Limbaugh University of the Air?

A few points, Chrissy m'boy ...

1. Mario Cuomo, Democrat, hasn't been governor since 1995. George Pataki, Republican, has been in the Gov's mansion since then.

2. If you're so "sick of this state and its pathetic liberal attitudes", I suggest you look for some place that suits you better. Adios, and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out!

3. I'm not sure what you mean by this:
    "While I am trying offer something WE can use, and DO ... you always retract the the condescending Democrat Mantra and blame everyone else."
    If you're referring to my reply to the DeMint plan for social security, that's on another thread.

4. Finally, what the @#$%! would Carl Rove know about fighting for freedom? Like so many other Right Wing politicians, he talks the talk but never walked the walked. He dodged the draft because of his political connections and never served his country in the military.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Re: Isn't life fun

Originally posted by buffalojoe
    If I'm correct congress declared war on Iraq
    Yet again, you're not correct. Congress has not formally declared war since 1941.

Congress passed a resolution authorizing the use of force in Iraq. A resolution does not have the force of law.

pundit you couldn't handle traditional american heritage...first of all 60 years ago you may have been arrested for the way you talk about the president..
    The irony inherent in that paragraph is delicious.

Traditional American heritage is all about criticizing the president and the government. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have a need for elections. Or congress. Or political parties.

you liberals don't realise how you effect the war...how you indirectlky get our kids killed..The enemy feeds off you emotions and anti goverment....we can't torture the enemy we have to fight by the rules of war.we shouldn't be there ...we shouldn't do this and we shouldn't do that..well guess what, the press is right with you. They put allot of pressure on our commanders to change the strategy on how we fight a war. In doing this we fight conventional and that puts are trrops in a bad situation because our commanders are trying to be politically correct,,,,,
    Liberals don't indirectly get anyone killed. Bad policy and bad planning and bad execution of a war & subsequent peacekeeping are what get our kids killed.

I supported the war at the time Powell went to the UN because I agreed that UN Security Council resolutions should be obeyed, and that a member nation must face consequences for not obeying them. I believed my President when he said that the CIA were positive that Hussein had WMDs. And WMDs were the sole basis to go to war with Hussein, based on the UN resolutions. Without that, it was an illegal usurpation of a brutal dictator's country's sovereignty. We may hate Hussein, but that doesn't give us the right to overthrow whomever we don't like.

So: I find out that Hussein had no WMDs. I was either lied to, or my country's intelligence service is so inept that it can't get basic information out of that country. Either way, a mess.

So: we went to war. But Bush (who got out of Vietnam service with Daddy's help) didn't listen to the generals. Rumsfeld, who is the most arrogant and inept prick on the plant, also didn't listen to the generals, who called for many many more troops than they got. Not to win the war, but to stabilize Iraq afterwards.

Every day Americans pay the price for Bush & Rumsfeld's ineptitude, poor planning, and stubborn arrogance.

Go ahead and cheerlead for Bush and Rumsfeld. There are 1700 American men and women who won't every see the light of day again because of Bush & Rumsfeld. And there are another 13,000 who have been injured.

But so long as you have your yellow magnetic ribbon on the back of your Hummer H2 - you know - the one even less permanent than a sticker - you're "supporting our troops".

I left the democratic party 3 years ago because the democrates listen to the likes of all those knot heads in massachuetts... and the flamming liberals of California..Honestly I wish we can have half the country and you take the other half. You would be bankrupt in 6 months.
    Other then that I love you all. my door is always open, i will feed or help anybody I can....
    As I'm getting older and I'm losing more and more friends to death. I'm at the point that I'm madder at the politicians that these kids are dying and most of them couldn't leagally have a drink yet. Then I am at the war itself.
    War is a horror, and the only sacrifice you're expected to make is that yellow ribbon. Every single American who isn't in Iraq, or doesn't have a family in Iraq should be ashamed of itself. And everyone who voted for Bush in 2004 in the face of an ever-growing quagmire in Iraq with no solution whatsoever should have a good long think.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

you always retract the the condescending Democrat Mantra and blame everyone else.
    Wow. Chris bashes Democrats for blaming everyone else but then - in the very same post - blames New York State's troubles on Mario Cuomo who hasn't been governor for... how many years is it now?

How about the same standards applying to everyone? If you criticize someone else for playing the blame game, fine. But don't go playing the blame game yourself two lines later. That just makes you a hypocrite.

Same applies to Democrats, Independents, Avon Ladies, Pro Bowlers, and Trekkies.

Treachery made a monster out of me

pundit, you again showed zero lack of credibility when you tell me I should be ashamed of myself. That is an asinine statement. Should I also apologize to the world for Iraq? Please advise if I should do that too.

Linda, as I've said, I'm saddened you joined the inmates. Oh well.

I agree with you Crusader re Rove. He was right on the mark.

By the way, go back to my previous posts where I showed numerous quotes from Clinton, Kerry, Gore etc re WMD & Iraq. I'm sure you've already ignored them though. It also appears many of you have more faith in the UN than the US and believe Michael Moore more than YOUR OWN PRESIDENT. I'm sure you are also aghast at Gitmo and Koran abuse too.

As I've repeatedly said, some of us get it, you don't. I'm glad GWB gets it. I'm glad he's running this country & not Kerry, and I'm glad that the Republicans are continuing to pick up congressional & senate seats as well as governorships because the Dem party is very soft on national defense & the war on terror. Until the Dems take it seriously, they are kaput and so are your outdated "I miss Clinton" days. And speaker, Clinton's lack of seriousness directly resulted in 9/11. And you long for that? How sad.

I am however disappointed in Pataki who has turned into a liberal Dem.

So when a Democrat does something wrong, it's because they're a Democrat. But when a Republican does something wrong, it's because they're secretly a Democrat?

Good lord.

Treachery made a monster out of me

Republicans make mistakes? Humm....
    So Rush isn't always right.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

city mouse and others when you mention the draft dodger are you talking about the president who fled the country to avoid the draft and openly protested against the same government he later was elected to lead. you know the guy who chased so many women he never had time to be a president. at least bush was in the guard clinton just fled.
    how can you slam bush when your favorit was a womenizing war protested. fair is fair neither one of them has much of a war record but at least bush stayed in the country and faced it
    the days of WWII war heros are over war is not clean cut anymore
    as for the dem rep debate giambra was a dem until gorsky fell from grace then giambra changed parties , do you think erie county would ever elect a real rep. giambra was a rep in name only and still is. this state votes rep on everything even pataki who claims tio be rep leans to the left on most issues that is when he isnt leaning towards New York City.
    its not time to keep blaiming the past for our problems.roosevelt did this Kenendy did that carter did nothing clinton nixon reagan bush it wont stop they all made mistakes they all also helped our country. if we and I include myself dont stop dwelling in the past we will always be in a hole like this
    we are in Irag no so we have to finish it I may not like how long it takes but we cant aboandon what has been started. same with afganistan(SP) in our own county we have the same thing sure I blaim liberal dems you may blaim conservative rep, either way we have a mess to clean up look for sollutions not who to blaim
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

And dont blaim my point of veiw on rush .i work nights and sleep during his show. and if his point of veiw is so far off why is his show the most listened to show in history. maybe I should start to listen to him
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

You know

You know all through our American history there hasn't been a president who did not get fingers pointed at them during a war or conflict. THere is and always will be some people who will never accept War or the types of War's we fight today or in our past. I guess that's ok but you can speak more if you fought in War yourself ortherwise its just talk to me.

Today, 2005, There isn't a kid and I mean kid in our military uniform who is or was in Iraq figting in combat that I have not said welcome to the brotherhood and given them a hug.

I never want your son's or daughter's to feel those negitive feeling I felt when I came home some 37 years later I still feel those feelings how my country let me down inside me.

Don't let these kids today, think you don't care or their War and the loss of their friends will have meant nothing. They never asked for this War, they are the property of the US Government and are told to go fight don't blame the troops.

For those of you who never seen combat up close and personal, I think you have little to say about it. For those of you who have someone in Iraq ready to come home for good I hope, for God sack I hope. When in the middle of the night that son of yours who will cry out in his/her sleep waking up iin clod sweats and crying, shaking, can't bearth without rappid pace...I hope you say nothing but to hold them in your arms and tell them its ok, its not their fault.

May be, just may be they can go on and live a normal life without thinking of their War experience for the rest of their life each and every day....

In my book you never seen combat....shut up!
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Grandpa, I'm from the Vietnam Era generation, and I don't hold it against any young man who tried to avoid going to fight there. Nobody wanted to go. That includes Clinton, Bush, Rove, Rumsfeld, Cheney, et al.

What I criticize is the hypocracy of these same individuals who didn't serve in Vietnam themselves who now wrap themselves in the American flag and proclaim themselves to be great "patriots" -- ie, people who fought for American freedom -- for their own political gain. Clinton never did that. Bush has done it repeatedly, including the infamous "Mission Accomplished" photo-op in May, 2003.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information