Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Cities to relocate to

Best Cities to relocate to

2. Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY

Buffalo is an older, industrial city that has “gone through a sort of gut-wrenching transition into the 21st Century,” Sperling says. And now that it’s gotten over the bumps, it’s a great place to live.

The Buffalo-Niagara Falls area has a growing arts scene and it’s affordable: The cost of living is 14.4 percent below the national average, and the average home price is $119,700, well below the national average of $171,700.

There are more than 20 parks in Buffalo, earning it the nickname, “City of Trees,” and for all you sports fans, it’s home of the Buffalo Bills football team and Buffalo Sabres hockey team. As for Niagara Falls, the city has moved from an industrial center to a more sustainable tourism-based economy, and with the opening of the Conference Center Niagara Falls a few years ago, it now attracts more business travelers.

The unemployment rate in the region is 8.3 percent, below the national average. Health care and education are the fastest growing industries here.

Companies That Are Hiring Now: Synacor, M&T Bank, Kaleida Health and HSBC Bank, according to Indeed.com.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39850148/?slide=10
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Niagara Falls NY or Disney? Yeah.. that's a tough call.

I talk to my ex all the time, who still lives in Buffalo and she's always fawning over how much redevelopment the city is going through in various places, the increase in festivals (Powder Keg, etc...) and how much better it is overall in the last 10 years that it's become
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

The reason why the cost of living is so low is because the work wages aren't that high.....simple math.

This is why people are comfortable living off welfare for the rest of their lives, they can live better than many who work everyday with low paying jobs.

I think Erie county overall would be a better place to live if we could get down to a population of 750,000.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why is that?
    less traffic, less pollution, less stress on our infrastructure. Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas haven't grown better the bigger they have grown.

Amherst was a much better place before every square inch of the farms and swamp lands below the escarpment were developed.

People can still hunt in Hamburg and Lancaster. If the population kept growing and spreading that would end in 10 years or so.

There are too many people who view WNY as a place to extract money from rather than a place to live. I wish they'd move someplace else.

Austin got better as it got bigger, although yes, the traffic, etc is worse
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    less traffic, less pollution, less stress on our infrastructure. Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas haven't grown better the bigger they have grown.

Amherst was a much better place before every square inch of the farms and swamp lands below the escarpment were developed.

People can still hunt in Hamburg and Lancaster. If the population kept growing and spreading that would end in 10 years or so.

There are too many people who view WNY as a place to extract money from rather than a place to live. I wish they'd move someplace else.
    Yeah, Amherst has turned into such a ****hole that it is the only growing community of any note in WNY. Democrats are flocking from the city into Amherst in the hope that their children can learm something in its schools instead of being victims of the Buffalo public schools.
    Last edited by grump; December 1st, 2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Cut off before complete

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Yeah, Amherst has turned into such a ****hole that it is the only growing community of any note in WNY. Democrats are flocking from the city into Amherst in the hope that their children can learm something in its schools instead of being victims of the Buffalo public schools.
    Of course this is self defeating because once the Democrats are in control they'll insist on the same stupid policies and elect the same type of stupid officials that turned Buffalo into an international joke.

It's almost comical and, in fact, absolutely explanatory of the problems in this area that people here can't recognize the stark qualitative differences between this backwater and NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, San Antonio or a host of other US cities that have so far surpassed this place that the differences don't merit discussion. Folks, we're not on anyone's map unless you think Donn Esmonde carries sway beyond One News Plaza. If you think that then you're Donn Esmonde.

Really, you should try living somewhere else and see how it is there
    HipKat's Blog

Remember last year when we hosted some kind of conference of "experts" on old buildings. They were positively giddy at the number of decrepit rundown dumps we had in this city. They bordered on orgasmic over our "historical" treasures. Where is all the $, where are they now? Back in cities that aren't run by the likes of Brown & Polancarz where things get done. Why does anyone think the population here has fallen 50% in 40 or 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Really, you should try living somewhere else and see how it is there
    I have lived somewhere else and it's definitely better. I intend to live somewhere else again as soon as I can. No place is perfect but one looks long and hard to find a bunch of retards like the ones we have here running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I think Erie county overall would be a better place to live if we could get down to a population of 750,000.
    You should get your wish by 2020. Likely 500,000 will be on welfare or govt employees. If you're not one of them good luck paying for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information