Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A time for fiscal responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Explain to the public how the health coverage is handled when you have family members working for a town.
    From what I understand, the new employee (spouse) will be covered under her husband's and not qualify for the healthcare stipend for not taking the insurance.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    From what I understand, the new employee (spouse) will be covered under her husband's and not qualify for the healthcare stipend for not taking the insurance.
    That is exactly how I have had it explained to me. No wonder it was not included in the amended budget. Games were already being played and the appointee known. Yet when I asked at the board meeting whether any candidate had been chosen for this position the suppervisor replied not to his knowledge and there there was dead silence on the part of Ms. Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    That is exactly how I have had it explained to me. No wonder it was not included in the amended budget. Games were already being played and the appointee known. Yet when I asked at the board meeting whether any candidate had been chosen for this position the suppervisor replied not to his knowledge and there there was dead silence on the part of Ms. Coleman.
    They also did not include the pension contribution from the town for her position, is that correct, Lee?
    Between the two of them a combined income of $119,000+. It stated that her salary would be
    $34,949, on step which was 85% of the $41,117 salary set last January for the position.
    She won't receive a 17.6% raise the following year to be at $41,117, will she?

Georgia L Schlager

An officers wife -- o.k. Cloak and Dagger stuff

I got a kick out this in the "Heard" {I quote}

"Why has Supervisor Fudoli only voted no when it comes to the hardest-
    working department head in the Town of Lancaster? He voted yes to
    adding or filling positions in the building assesor and recreation departments but voted no when Town
    C lerk Coleman wanted to fill a position that was vacated by retirement."

Hahahahahahah what a freakin joke...Coleman must have called that in.

If taxpayers do n't get their a $ $e$ of their couches in the next election
    then they get the goverment they deserve....

Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    An officers wife -- o.k. Cloak and Dagger stuff

I got a kick out this in the "Heard" {I quote}

"Why has Supervisor Fudoli only voted no when it comes to the hardest-
    working department head in the Town of Lancaster? He voted yes to
    adding or filling positions in the building assesor and recreation departments but voted no when Town
    C lerk Coleman wanted to fill a position that was vacated by retirement."

Hahahahahahah what a freakin joke...Coleman must have called that in.

If taxpayers do n't get their a $ $e$ of their couches in the next election
    then they get the goverment they deserve....
    That's hilarious. Maybe it was called in by the new appointee.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    They also did not include the pension contribution from the town for her position, is that correct, Lee?
    Between the two of them a combined income of $119,000+. It stated that her salary would be
    $34,949, on step which was 85% of the $41,117 salary set last January for the position.
    She won't receive a 17.6% raise the following year to be at $41,117, will she?
    All I will say for now is that Coleman appointed a Nicole Kotlak to the tax receiver department of the Clerk's office and there is a Richard Kotlak that is a police officer in the Town of Lancaster. Hmmm, could it possibly be true that this hiring was prearranged as runored and is why all the number crunching made no sense at budget time.

All I will say for now is that Coleman appointed a Nicole Kotlak to the tax receiver department of the Clerk's office and there is a Richard Kotlak that is a police officer in the Town of Lancaster. Hmmm, could it possibly be true that this hiring was prearranged as runored and is why all the number crunching made no sense at budget time.
    I posted Richard Kotlak's salary from seethroughny. I believe you're right regarding the numbers. They had this all cooked up well before they appointed Rose Ann Brunstad.
    Otherwise those numbers wouldn't have been used in the resolution. I wonder if that job was posted for the public or just for civil servants and family members.

Georgia L Schlager

You guys are killing me here, it is almost comical.
    Let's stop playing the "assumtion" game here. We all
    knew about the officer's wife being appointed, we all knew that
    it was Coleman who cooked the numbers not Brown like when asked by Lee who came up with
    the figures..yata yATA

The position was created so that they pad that office nice because
    when next years election puts in "hopefully" 2 more republicans
    when Fudoli gets rid of people, Coleman will still have enough staff..hahahahahaha

Deputies, officers at jails ratify new contracts

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...GION/121219473

Getting Lancaster Town employees to contribute to their health plans is something Supervisor Fudoli had promised in his campaign platform and has been sticking to. No town employee presently contributes anything to their generous $19,000 family plan health premium; a premium that includes dental and vision.

Hopefully Fudoli has the support of the four council members, two of them being strong union supporters, in making this contribution happen.

I am not sure we see the full number of "Players" here !

Is the Town Clerk the true mastermind in this tax paid job juggling and budget number shell game ?????????????

Could she truly have the unobstructed power to alter records and affect job position transfers?

When did all these shuffles - double dipping - lateral transfers - inaccurate/deceiving/manipulated budgets begin to surface?

Yes, we have a new Supervisor - yes he is opening doors and rejecting the status quo. No, most of this wasn't started under his watch - or is it being hidden under his active efforts to flush it out.

So, this leads us backward once again - to the past Admins,present Town Board Members and their LAN Dem Committee agenda's. These players are ingrained in every facet of Lancaster's tax funded Departments and tax funded positions.

1. No one player can manipulate such movements - it takes cooperation from Town Hall to each and every Department involved.

2) It takes active planning - right down to absence of public notice of job vacancy.

3) The budget numbers can not be changed or arranged by the Town Clerk - without help from others.

4) We tend to simplify our view of these things - many because its hard to believe/understand the depth of their control - their sense of entitlement and their pure unobstructed view of why they are in a tax funded position.
    Last edited by 4248; December 15th, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...GION/121219473

Getting Lancaster Town employees to contribute to their health plans is something Supervisor Fudoli had promised in his campaign platform and has been sticking to. No town employee presently contributes anything to their generous $19,000 family plan health premium; a premium that includes dental and vision.

Hopefully Fudoli has the support of the four council members, two of them being strong union supporters, in making this contribution happen.
    I personally like the CSEA contract 2% raise increase and 15% healthcare contribution. That's more in line with private industry.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by dmckay716 View Post
    I feel like a broken record, but if the residents for the Town of Lancaster want transparency, fiscal responsibility and a sound working relationship between both parties, it is imperative that Coleman be removed from office. I can't comprehend why people are fearful of commenting about her on this platform. She is a forceful, behind the scenes bully not only to our supervisor, but also to her fellow party board members and this issue is just the latest example. I don't know what it is going to take in order for the residents to understand this. Thank you for listening.
    In the newspaper today I read the article
    {local news} in Hamburg about
    a suit to remove lone Democrat on the Council.

When I read the article, it reminded me of what
    dmckay716 indicated about Coleman being a bully.
    The news article stated, "In November, Reszka accused
    him of threatening her during a Town Board meeting Oct 8
    in an attempt to pressure her husband, Peter R. Reszka,
    who is chairman of the town Planning Board and treasurer
    of the Hamburg Republican Committee." I will continue to quote, "Board members
    voted, 2-1, last month to censure Collins for the second time, declaring
    that he violated the town's antiharassment policy and the "confidential nature of executive session."
    The board also found him guilty in December 2010 of ethics charges and harassing an employee, and
    censured him. Bot were party-line votes."

I wonder if there is similarities here to our town governing with how Coleman runs
    her office?

Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    In the newspaper today I read the article
    {local news} in Hamburg about
    a suit to remove lone Democrat on the Council.

When I read the article, it reminded me of what
    dmckay716 indicated about Coleman being a bully.
    The news article stated, "In November, Reszka accused
    him of threatening her during a Town Board meeting Oct 8
    in an attempt to pressure her husband, Peter R. Reszka,
    who is chairman of the town Planning Board and treasurer
    of the Hamburg Republican Committee." I will continue to quote, "Board members
    voted, 2-1, last month to censure Collins for the second time, declaring
    that he violated the town's antiharassment policy and the "confidential nature of executive session."
    The board also found him guilty in December 2010 of ethics charges and harassing an employee, and
    censured him. Bot were party-line votes."

I wonder if there is similarities here to our town governing with how Coleman runs
    her office?
    on the pre-filed resolutions, Aquino is sponsoring the harrassment policy..

In the Lancaster Bee in the "Heard" section someone wrote in, I'll quote--

"It think it's disgusting that the four Democrats
    on the board voted to put another full-time position in the clerk's office. I've
    been in the clerk's office, I see where they have
    more than enough employees, and we are voting to
    pay for another full-time person plus benefits, and our taxes
    continue to increase. I will be a Republican next time
    around, and I will not vote for any of those Democrats on the board.
    I hope people remember in November what these board members
    are doing to us just because of their affiliation."

Glad to read another "speak out" on this.

So I went to the pre-filed resolutions and read the narrative on that
    Deputy Town Clerk (Blank) and the pay is $53,297.00. Wow how
    come the difference because Deputy Town Clerk Terranova gets paid $41,117.00?

I love viewing these on line. The other thing I noticed is Simme's Contingent
    contract-with the village is $7,000. WTF is that all about? And what does that mean?

Susan Blank serves as 1st Deputy Town Clerk. As such, she fills in for the Town Clerk in her absence. This position has always commanded a higher budget salary as the position has more responsiblity as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information