Thread: Lancaster 5th Annual Christmasville Parade 11/24/12

Lancaster 5th Annual Christmasville Parade 11/24/12

If you like fire trucks, here is an added treat in the creativeness of their decorations in yesterday's Christmasville parade - 150 fire trucks, ambulances, EMT's, etc.

http://www.ecfwire.org/page3294.html

how much did this cost us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    If you like fire trucks, here is an added treat in the creativeness of their decorations in yesterday's Christmasville parade - 150 fire trucks, ambulances, EMT's, etc.

http://www.ecfwire.org/page3294.html
    I usually sit out front of the house or look out the window but was too busy last night. The dogs were watching and barking.
    Guess, I missed a good one.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    Probably just the fuel costs. The people get a good bang for their buck, IMHO

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by reformthi$ View Post
    Typically, you and I are on the same page when it comes to spending - but not on this one - sorry...It's a treat for the residents and gets everyone in the spirit. Brings a little bit of "how it used to be" back for about an hour. Neighbors actually talking and getting along, kids staring in awe at the apparatus and waiting for Santa...it's just a really nice feel-good thing that they do.

Hey I am all for the feely good $tuff,
    I get the "in the $pirit of the holiday" thing.

I think it is a good thing, BUT does everyone else if this thing costs money?
    Do we have a choice? LIke the arts, libraries, field trips the council members take with their families
    ah I'm a bit of a scrooge this year. WHY? No pay raise!

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY View Post
    Typically, you and I are on the same page when it comes to spending - but not on this one - sorry...It's a treat for the residents and gets everyone in the spirit. Brings a little bit of "how it used to be" back for about an hour. Neighbors actually talking and getting along, kids staring in awe at the apparatus and waiting for Santa...it's just a really nice feel-good thing that they do.
    I agree. It follows tradition and the cost involved is spent on the community's best interests. The fire companies may be faulted for their spending on other matters, but this gives back to the community.

I personally viewed Depew's Hook and Ladder trucks before they went to the parade and they were awesome. The creativity of the people involved was amazing. When they pulled away with the Christmas music blazing from the speakers it was an awesome site.

However, there are those that consider it a waste of money and I can attest to that by the e-mails I received.

BTW - Congratulations to the Depew Hook and Ladder 5 fire company. They came in second place overall in the judging and took first place in the ladder division.

Thread Information