Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secession petitions filed in 20 states

Secession petitions filed in 20 states

New york state is on the list... how come so many states want to leave the union??? obama?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...FQ5ncAQXnQtDMD
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Again, as most of the states are red states, maybe someone should inform them they benefit the most from these so-called evil entitlement programs that Obama apparently created
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tell them Mexico and Canada are within walking distance and to leave the rest of us alone.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    New york state is on the list... how come so many states want to leave the union??? obama? http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...FQ5ncAQXnQtDMD
    Show me where any of these represent the official position of any state government or a majority of the residents in any state. If these petition-happy tin-foil hat-wearing cretins don't like it here, they can leave. Nobody will stop them, and it will significantly improve the gene pool.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

New york state is on the list... how come so many states want to leave the union??? obama?

The NY petition was started by an Okie... And, it has only 2000 or so signatures.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    The NY petition was started by an Okie... And, it has only 2000 or so signatures.
    That's a second one, then. The first one was started by some cretin from North Dakota. It's probably got 3000+ by now, probably 90% of the "siggies" from non-New Yorkers when I perused it yesterday.

These fools are seriously delusional, especially the ones purporting to represent blue states like NY.
    • In 2012, President Obama won in NYS by 20% points: 60% vs 40%.
    • In 2012, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand was elected to a full term by 45% points: 72% vs 27%.
    • In 2010, Andrew Cuomo was elected governor by 30% points over Carl Paladino: 63% to 33%.
    • In 2006, Elliott Spitzer was elected governor by 40% points over John Faso: 69% to 29%.
    • In 2006, Hillary Rodham Clinton was elected Senator by 46% points over John Spencer: 67% to 31%.
    • In 2004 and 2010, Charles Schumer won re-election by 46% (71/25) and 44% (67/33) points respectively over Republican challengers.

I'd say that most of these cretins' elevators don't go all the way to the top. DOH.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

These are so f*cking stupid.

i think it's a passive-aggressive protest.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    i think it's a passive-aggressive protest.
    I think it's a bunch of backbirths angry the black guy got elected.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

I think you're wrong. This didn't happen in'08. Those that didn't vote for him have one thing in common - they feel that the country is going in the wrong direction economically.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm surprised at your attitude towards America citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    I think you're wrong. This didn't happen in'08. Those that didn't vote for him have one thing in common - they feel that the country is going in the wrong direction economically.
    Do you believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy, too? The GOP framed their entire 2012 presidential campaign to appeal to all the bigots they could shake out of the trees. Romney ads repeatedly showed images pairing the phrase "hard working" with whites and "welfare" with people color. These ads were as blatantly racist as the infamous 1988 Willie Horton ad that Bush Sr ran against Dukasis. In fact, the same bigot that created that ad created ads for Romney. Fox News and the other RW media consistently framed the election in terms of an apocalyptic vision of the end of "American civilization".

If you don't think that the entire Tea Party movement was based on racism mixed with homophobia, xenophobia, and mysogyny, then you are in denial. GW Bush inherited a surplus, and he left office with the largest deficit in history up to that time. Where the hell were all these worried conservative Republicans and Tea Partyers when Bush was doing that???? Claiming deficits were good for the economy because they allowed even bigger tax cuts for the wealthy. As soon as the first African American POTUS got sworn in, this mass of conservative sheep conveniently suddenly discovered that the US has a deficit, like it magically grew from 0 on January 19, 2009 to trillions on January 20, and those "good for the economy deficits" suddenly changed to "doomsday deficits".

Lie to yourself, but don't try to lie to others.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I'm surprised at your attitude towards America citizens.
    How do you know those petition signers are American citizens? Did you check their voter ids to be sure they're NOT only citizens but that they're registered to vote? Y'know, they could be spambots from Thailand or something.

Linda, hit the nail on the head. The petitions are not a reliable indicator of the electors' true intention because the identities and qualifications to sign cannot be verified and they are of no legal effect. They are worth the paper they are signed on, ooh there is no paper.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Linda, I said those who did not vote for Obama have ONE THING in common; it's the economy including the debt that is our common denominator. Not everyone that didn't vote for him is a bigot or homophobic, how do I know? Because I am not, neither is my husband, my family or any friends I have talked to. Would have thought you would know better than to generalize as you did. There are bigots out there, but its not the one thing we agree on that cost Obama our vote.

And, of course, dt warren, no one is expecting that secession is a reality - its simply a passive aggressive Protest, its not going anywhere and its certainly not race related. Give me a break, 8% unemployment, 16 Trillion debt and you think its about race?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information