Thread: Petition Drive Time - Volunteers Needed!

Petition Drive Time - Volunteers Needed!

Petitions are currently being run by the Primary Challenge Candidates. Yet help in this area is sorely needed.
    If you can volunteer to run petitions and collect at least twenty (20) signatures for a given candidate, your help would be greatly appreciated.
    We would like to have the petition drive concluded by the end of this month, in order to check the petitions for compliance. The more volunteers we get the sooner we can conclude this portion of the electoral process.
    This will allow us to move on to fund raising and coordination of specific events.
    Here is a list of Primary Challenge Candidates and their contact numbers. Pay close attention to the candidates’ party affiliation. This is critical to know.
    If registered as a Democrat, Republican, Conservative or Independent, you may only run petitions for a candidate with the same party affiliation. An exception would be a registered notary. Then you may run petitions for any party.

Robert Stoklosa Comptroller--------------Republican 674-2190

Judith Einach Mayor, Buffalo----------------Democrat 316-5839

Cindy Locklear County Leg. 9th Dist.------Democrat 674-6845

Kenneth Pryor County Leg. 3rd Dist.------Democrat 853-1083

Joe Gartler County Leg. 2nd Dist.----------Democrat 827-8997

Pat Keem County Leg. 13th Dist.----------Conservative 941-3883

Rus Thompson County Leg. 10th Dist.----Republican 775-3207

Dave Damato County Leg. 14th Dist.------Republican 835-0053

Joe Kennedy County Leg. 11th Dist.-------Democrat 855-2833

Primary Challenge Office # 674-0568 – Call to volunteer let us know how you would like to help.

Re: Petition Drive Time - Volunteers Needed!

Originally posted by LHardy
    Petitions are currently being run by the Primary Challenge Candidates. Yet help in this area is sorely needed.
    If you can volunteer to run petitions and collect at least twenty (20) signatures for a given candidate, your help would be greatly appreciated.
    We would like to have the petition drive concluded by the end of this month, in order to check the petitions for compliance. The more volunteers we get the sooner we can conclude this portion of the electoral process.
    This will allow us to move on to fund raising and coordination of specific events.
    Here is a list of Primary Challenge Candidates and their contact numbers. Pay close attention to the candidates’ party affiliation. This is critical to know.
    If registered as a Democrat, Republican, Conservative or Independent, you may only run petitions for a candidate with the same party affiliation. An exception would be a registered notary. Then you may run petitions for any party.

Robert Stoklosa Comptroller--------------Republican 674-2190

Judith Einach Mayor, Buffalo----------------Democrat 316-5839

Cindy Locklear County Leg. 9th Dist.------Democrat 674-6845

Kenneth Pryor County Leg. 3rd Dist.------Democrat 853-1083

Joe Gartler County Leg. 2nd Dist.----------Democrat 827-8997

Pat Keem County Leg. 13th Dist.----------Conservative 941-3883

Rus Thompson County Leg. 10th Dist.----Republican 775-3207

Dave Damato County Leg. 14th Dist.------Republican 835-0053

Joe Kennedy County Leg. 11th Dist.-------Democrat 855-2833

Primary Challenge Office # 674-0568 – Call to volunteer let us know how you would like to help.

Thanks for the info...

Lars
    Last edited by lars; June 20th, 2005 at 07:35 AM.
    "... the world is full of educated derelicts..." Calvin Coolidge

What do you mean "check them for compliance"?

While this may be a good idea, I thought each campaign was up to the individual candidate.

Who's doing this checking.

BTW-quality control is already poor. The lady bringing Einach petitions around had some June 17th dates on it and it was only the 16th. I told her that if she got one more current (correct) date following the 17th, they'd probably toss the whole sheet.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Biker:
    We want to be certian they are filled out correctly.
    All candidates have been walked through the process of filling them out properly. It is also up to them to be certian that is the case. At some point they must take responsibility for their campiagns.
    As far as who. Volunteers.
    Would you like to help us do that?

The dates are important. Judy will have to see to it that does not happen agian.

I will be working with my candidates petitions.

Come to think of it,though, why didn't Judy's petitition-carrier also have one for the PC Legislature and Comptroller candidates. You could collect sigs for three or four candidates in one visit.

A petition carrier can only run petitions for candidates of a particular party.
    IE. in Judys' case the carrier can only petitions for Democrat candidates. Unless the carrier is a registered notary. In which case they may carry for any affiliation.

It is all dependent upon which party the carrier is affilliated.

Isn't it a little late in the game to be looking for the right people to carry petitions?

This thread should have been posted 2 weeks ago to get things ready for the start of petition day. I am sure, by now most candidates already have the required number of signatures to be on the ballots.

There is nothing negative about this question, I am just asking why this request wasn't sought sooner.

Night owl: It was and had been posted earlier.
    Maybe not in this way but we have asked for volunteers for sometime. We could always use some more.

as far as candidates already having enough sigs. You would be suprised at the amount of time it takes to collect sigs.
    All candidates, PC or otherwise, are in the streets now.
    I know that EC. Republican party hasn't even started running Petitions in some areas. This from EC Repub. committee members.

July 11th is the drop dead date to turn in petitions.

So True!!

Originally posted by LHardy
    Night owl:
    as far as candidates already having enough sigs. You would be suprised at the amount of time it takes to collect sigs.
    All candidates, PC or otherwise, are in the streets now.
    I can attest to this. I am averaging at best 15 to 20 signatures in a 2 and a half hour block of time. You cannot believe the number of people who are up in arms, angry and very interested in talking issues. Its a great campaign venue but time consuming for signature gathering. The great thing about it tho is the energy I draw from the contact with voters who are pledging to vote for me and who are thrilled that someone "fresh" is giving it a shot.

Cindy

My comment was only that we could have combined forces. In my district, both Judy and the PC Legislature candidate are Dems. In that way, we might have better used our scarcest resource: the time of volunteers.

But, this is a new volunteer organization and we can'texpect perfect coordination.

And unlike NIghtowl, I am not looking for opportunities to toss hand grenades PC's way.

And unlike NIghtowl, I am not looking for opportunities to toss hand grenades PC's way.

Not me.

I knew someone would say something because I asked a question.

Thanks for letting me know that this was something asked before, I thought with this as a new thread it hadn't been asked.

Thread Information