Thread: Refusal of Certification

Refusal of Certification

What would be the possibilities and ramifications for places with prohibitive voting infrastructure due to weather and clean up damage to refuse to certify their vote next Tuesday if the elections are close. I'm thinking especially of New Jersey, but perhaps Delaware, places in NY, even into CT. If people simply cannot vote because the polling place is under water, or they can't even be in the area because their home is uninhabitable, how can they be expected to vote normally. And if people are denied their due process and rightful vote, how could a state legislature (or even local authorities) in good conscience certify a vote?

ps. I'm looking at YOU, DTWarren!
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post
    What would be the possibilities and ramifications for places with prohibitive voting infrastructure due to weather and clean up damage to refuse to certify their vote next Tuesday if the elections are close. I'm thinking especially of New Jersey, but perhaps Delaware, places in NY, even into CT. If people simply cannot vote because the polling place is under water, or they can't even be in the area because their home is uninhabitable, how can they be expected to vote normally. And if people are denied their due process and rightful vote, how could a state legislature (or even local authorities) in good conscience certify a vote?

I am sure Christie's head being far up in Obama's alimentary canal that it perhaps may mitigate in NJ.....
    Didn't see that one coming..
    betting that Staten Island goes with Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post

When has a politician ever worried about doing something in good conscience. There is always a secondary agenda, so anything is possible.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

I do not know about other states but in New York the Governor signed an Executive Order permitting anyone displaced in NY by Sandy to vote in any District for national and statewide offices. They also extended the period of applying for absentee ballots and the time for them to be received. I do not foresee the results not being certified in New York.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information