Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holiday Traditions

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J View Post
    You are so right! My neighbors all came outside and yelled at a troublemaking couple we had on the street and we all worked together.I believe home ownership is the key.
    I think you're right. There is something to be said about pride in ownership.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

May your neighborhoods be filled with new neighbors of all colors in 2009
    Mine already is
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Are we there yet???

You are so right! My neighbors all came outside and yelled at a troublemaking couple we had on the street and we all worked together.I believe home ownership is the key.
    WHY IS IT??? THAT when someone forms an opinion , or makes an observation, based on factual info, such as in this case, the brawl at the mall..Regal cinema, and nearly identical incidents 2 years past, that were perpretated by black youths..(dont forget shooting at Elmwood Ave McDonalds) we are racists??? You , living in the middle of the East side,cant see the reasoning?? behind how many people feel about these youths?? based on what has happened, LEGITIMATE factual based opinions are formed and expressed. YOU dont have to be a pacifist, or a christian, god fearing person to respect others, ..just simple courtesy and tolerance of others.
    Your pointed accusations of racism, are part of the problem , especially when dismissing others who for good reason , feel the way they do, and your actions only futher deepen the grift between different ethnic groups!
    SO ...go ahead , point your finger at all those who dont have the same opinions as you, call them racists... or whatever gets you thru your sanctimonious role as moderator in the inner city/ east side where you live in bliss and glory of integration...and may the next drive by, be only by youths .....going on a Joy Ride!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    WHY IS IT??? THAT when someone forms an opinion , or makes an observation, based on factual info, such as in this case, the brawl at the mall..Regal cinema, and nearly identical incidents 2 years past, that were perpretated by black youths..(dont forget shooting at Elmwood Ave McDonalds) we are racists??? You , living in the middle of the East side,cant see the reasoning?? behind how many people feel about these youths?? based on what has happened, LEGITIMATE factual based opinions are formed and expressed. YOU dont have to be a pacifist, or a christian, god fearing person to respect others, ..just simple courtesy and tolerance of others.
    Your pointed accusations of racism, are part of the problem , especially when dismissing others who for good reason , feel the way they do, and your actions only futher deepen the grift between different ethnic groups!
    SO ...go ahead , point your finger at all those who dont have the same opinions as you, call them racists... or whatever gets you thru your sanctimonious role as moderator in the inner city/ east side where you live in bliss and glory of integration...and may the next drive by, be only by youths .....going on a Joy Ride!
    Preach, my brutha! Preach!

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Are you showing tolerance and courtesy by making remarks you have in this post? You are throwing out stereotypes as thinly veiled racist comments..BBQ eating.wheres your Daddy,Why the mall doesnt want urban kids there?
    ALL I have said over and over again is dont beat around the bush and say what you feel.WHY Make those type of comments just spit it out and get it over with... THAT IS THE PROBLEM ..stop the BS..Say what you mean and mean what you say and do not begrudge me because I do exactly that.
    Those kids who go to the movies and act like idiots whatever color they are all suffer from the same affliction an affliction I see all colors infected with...
    It is called "lack of home training" Again ALL I keep saying is keep it real..Say what you feel..You have your comfy blanket on anonymity to protect you so why not use it?
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

... Those kids who go to the movies and act like idiots whatever color they are all suffer from the same affliction an affliction I see all colors infected with...
    It is called "lack of home training" ...
    You got that right!

Although we cant blame everything on bad parenting because once they are out in the street they make their own decisions but....If they have a good foundation chances are they will make the right decision.
    I have several friends who are elementary school teachers and over and over I have heard how few parents show up for parent/teacher conferences,When they call home parents are not supportive etc..And its not a black/white issue.My friend who teaches kindergarten said about 20% of the parents bother to show up.The children learn by example and young childrens biggest role models are usually their parents so if Mom/Dad arent concerned about your education than why should you be? Some may say...well when they get older they should realize the importance of education but its too late in most cases as I said laying a good foundation is key to a childs success.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Although we cant blame everything on bad parenting because once they are out in the street they make their own decisions but....If they have a good foundation chances are they will make the right decision.
    I have several friends who are elementary school teachers and over and over I have heard how few parents show up for parent/teacher conferences,When they call home parents are not supportive etc..And its not a black/white issue.My friend who teaches kindergarten said about 20% of the parents bother to show up.The children learn by example and young childrens biggest role models are usually their parents so if Mom/Dad arent concerned about your education than why should you be? Some may say...well when they get older they should realize the importance of education but its too late in most cases as I said laying a good foundation is key to a childs success.
    You are absolutely correct Michele!

This is the exact reason why we shouldn't be funding education to the tune of $18,000 per child. It's the reason the Buffalo School Board shouldn't have an annual budget of $836 million. The money isn't the problem, the parents are!

How do we correct it? Throwing money at the problem isn't the answer! If you try to call any of these little gang-bangers you're chastised for not being sympathetic to their hardships!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Enough View Post
    You are absolutely correct Michele!

This is the exact reason why we shouldn't be funding education to the tune of $18,000 per child. It's the reason the Buffalo School Board shouldn't have an annual budget of $836 million. The money isn't the problem, the parents are!

How do we correct it? Throwing money at the problem isn't the answer! If you try to call any of these little gang-bangers you're chastised for not being sympathetic to their hardships!!!!!
    Accountability is the key.Who is responsible for the kid..If they are under 16 who is the person legally responsible for their care and supervision.I HATE to say this but whomever it is will have to be held accountable for that kids actions until they turn 16.Kids now have all of the control and that is what is wrong.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    I think you're right. There is something to be said about pride in ownership.
    aww heck. i'm a renter and always have been, and i'm dang proud of my little apartment. i keep it sparkling clean, cept for the occasional cat turd i might have missed, lying somewhere in the middle of the rug. i usually find it in the middle of the night on my way to the bathroom. lol...but my precious cats (muffie, and bowzer) are too cute to get mad at for long. i have a brother who lives in a gated community, and all the rules you would not believe. plus all the houses have to be painted a color from an approved palate....boring!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information