Thread: America's Resurgence

America's Resurgence

Last year, American became a net exporter of oil and gas.

Source: Morning Addition (NPR), Marketplace (NPR) Tuesday, Oct 23rd.

America is on course to become the world's largest producer of oil and gas. (Saudi Arabia is still the largest producer and has more proven reserves.)

Source: Marketplace (NPR) Tuesday, Oct 23rd, All Things Considered (NPR) Oct 24th.

The steel industry in Ohio is on the rebound supplying the needs of the oil industry. I can't remember the name of the Ohio town, but the World's largest pipe foundry is being built, in Ohio.

Source: Marketplace (NPR) Tuesday, Oct 23rd.

No country is, or will be energy independent because: Oil producers put their product on the international market and sell it to the highest bidders.

Morning Edition (NPR) Thursday Morning Oct 25Th.

(It's a known fact the majority of oil produced in Alaska is sold to the Japanese and Chinese markets.)

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post

America is on course to become the world's largest producer of oil and gas. (Saudi Arabia is still the largest producer and has more proven reserves.)

Source: Marketplace (NPR) Tuesday, Oct 23rd, All Things Considered (NPR) Oct 24th.

The steel industry in Ohio is on the rebound supplying the needs of the oil industry. I can't remember the name of the Ohio town, but the World's largest pipe foundry is being built, in Ohio.

No country is, or will be energy independent because: Oil producers put their product on the international market and sell it to the highest bidders.

(It's a known fact the majority of oil produced in Alaska is sold to the Japanese and Chinese markets.)
    So why does our gas prices in the U.S flunctuate so much. who's calling the shots ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    So why does our gas prices in the U.S flunctuate so much. who's calling the shots ??
    The multinational oil and gas companies sell there products on the international market to the highest bidder. Sometimes the highest bidder is a speculator who will store the oil until the price rises.

In other words, it has zero to do with the President....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post

I think you need to check your facts. The US consumes more oil than it produces. That makes the US a net importer. However, national production is on the rise but will unlikely result in a cheaper product.

in 2011, for the first time in history, the US EXPORTED more oil than it imported.

Meaning that the US in a very large part, no longer uses oil from the middle east.

However, China, is buying up federally owned oil feilds.... something to think about.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information