Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DR J reaches out to his daughter after 27 yrs

DR J reaches out to his daughter after 27 yrs

this didn't touch some of the women here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    this didn't touch some of the women here?
    btt , it touched me , amazing story , never knew about any of this & I was a big Dr. J booster , did not know about his daughter & tennis career , it's a very touching story , hopefully will remember to watch OTL on Sunday evening to see the whole taping........thanks for sharing this , a great story , even better at Christmastime.................
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Amazing story? Scumbag cheats on is wife and doesn't cover it up. He gives them enough money to shut them up so he can go on with his merry famous life. He claims he's wanted to reach out through the years but didn't know how. He spent years blowing her off. He had choices. And for them to finally meet, it took her calling him. He didn't reach out to her.

Excuses. Piss-poor excuses. I'm not touched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you View Post
    Amazing story? Scumbag cheats on is wife and doesn't cover it up. He gives them enough money to shut them up so he can go on with his merry famous life. He claims he's wanted to reach out through the years but didn't know how. He spent years blowing her off. He had choices. And for them to finally meet, it took her calling him. He didn't reach out to her.

Excuses. Piss-poor excuses. I'm not touched.
    It is really an amazing story if you comprehend the ALL-WORLD athlete , & their mindset........from day one they're treated like their crap doesn't stink , they develope this thought process that they're above it all , this guy (unlike hundreds of others) has repented & deserves his family & another chance , he's come back down to earth & humbled himself , everyone deserves that second chance , if YOU don't forgive , YOU won't be forgiven , his family has , why can't we all ? This is a nice story , try & humble your heart to watch it Sunday , it will be easier to understand possibly.........

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31 View Post
    try & humble your heart to watch it Sunday , it will be easier to understand possibly.........
    What does watching it on Sunday have to do with it?

I will say it again: she was the one who had to reach out not once but twice. He had 20-something years to do it and he chose not to. Each and every day he had a choice whether to be a man and every day he let that chance slip by. He hurt his own child so much that she didn't want to associate with a sport because of him. Sad.

What does watching it on Sunday have to do with it?

I will say it again: she was the one who had to reach out not once but twice. He had 20-something years to do it and he chose not to. Each and every day he had a choice whether to be a man and every day he let that chance slip by. He hurt his own child so much that she didn't want to associate with a sport because of him. Sad.
    Sad , yes , reconcilliation = glad , happy endings in spite of the past mistakes we as humans make = happy ! I'm happy , if you can't forgive , you can't be forgiven..........just something I've read......

www.onlinebuffalo.com

if you can't forgive , you can't be forgiven..........just something I've read......
    I've read somewhere that the Aryan Nation is the best thing. Just because you've read something doesn't make it right.

I've read somewhere that the Aryan Nation is the best thing. Just because you've read something doesn't make it right.
    Ms. Depew , you really believe to keep on resenting or bitterness towards someone is healthy to yourself & OK ? To forgive someone who has wronged you starts a healing process within yourself right off the bat...........this happened between Julius Irving & his daughter , she's forgiven him , who are you or I to remain in judgement , I mean IT happened to her & she loves him , the true meaning of being at peace with one's self , to forgive others when they're not perfect , of course if you're perfect , you have never done anything wrong to anyone else & don't need to be forgiven or to forgive..........Would you be the one who would be perfectly able to cast the first stone because you're perfect & w/out sin ? I guess you must be ?

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Larry bird had to do the same thing by taking care of his daughter from previous marriage.

http://specials.tribstar.com/bird/corrie.htm

Hum

The difference that I can see is he is a famous person. today, I am going through this same issue. I found my daughter after 16 years. To her to I was also dead, died in the War, or didn't care. It wasn't because of my lack of trying, or not wanting to find her your hands are tied when the Courts say there tied as it was in my own case.

Currently, my daughter told me she has moved. I e-mail from time to time but it takes she nearly several days to reply, knowing full well I must be a problem for her. She doesn't call me father, or Dad, she doesn't call me anything. I've come to understand I will never have a normal relationship with my daughter ever again, the price I've paid for a divorce. This is real life, not what you may read from some publicity person for his famous client to ensure good press nope, this is real life. My daughter will always be a stranger to me, and I to her.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Ms. Depew , you really believe to keep on resenting or bitterness towards someone is healthy to yourself & OK ? To forgive someone who has wronged you starts a healing process within yourself right off the bat...........this happened between Julius Irving & his daughter , she's forgiven him , who are you or I to remain in judgement , I mean IT happened to her & she loves him , the true meaning of being at peace with one's self , to forgive others when they're not perfect , of course if you're perfect , you have never done anything wrong to anyone else & don't need to be forgiven or to forgive..........Would you be the one who would be perfectly able to cast the first stone because you're perfect & w/out sin ? I guess you must be ?
    I agree harboring resentment isn't good. Of course there's people who have significantly wronged me in my life, and I them. The people who are worthy of my forgiveness have gotten it. By worthy I mean have they asked for it and are sorry for how they hurt me. I have also asked to be forgiven. I think it's ridiculous for you to insinuate I'm perfect.

There are a few cases of people who I have not forgiven. Not only are they not sorry for the terrible things they had done to me, they almost seem proud of hurting me. Who says I have to forgive them? I don't 'harbor' resentment, I simply don't care about them. Ambivalence. I hope they have a nice life, but I don't want to be a part of it. No one said everyone has to get along. I think that's a really idiotic notion. Life is too short to be frenemies with someone. I choose to spend my time with people who want to be with me. I'm not going to waste it on drama and deceit.

Ya know what? I didnt even get through the entire article, I didn't need to.

Harboring resentment isn't good - I agree.

I am glad that they are at peace from what everyone who has read the article states.

But I don't care anything about being a super star etc - BE A MAN!!!

I do care about a man being a man - REAL MEN take responsibility - he didn't.

I remember taking a little boy fishing at the age of maybe 10 or so, (he was 10) - this little boy rarely saw his father - if once a year. We stopped at a Wilson Farms to get something to drink - damned if his father wasn't ther as well with a carload of his girlfriends kids - I tried to get out as soon as I saw - he was like - I think that's my dad - I said, NO it isnt - and was so angry for that little boy........................

I dont feel sorry for him - he let them live in crap compared to what he could have offered..................................... I am very happy that they aren't bitter though.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    The difference that I can see is he is a famous person. today, I am going through this same issue. I found my daughter after 16 years. To her to I was also dead, died in the War, or didn't care. It wasn't because of my lack of trying, or not wanting to find her your hands are tied when the Courts say there tied as it was in my own case.

Currently, my daughter told me she has moved. I e-mail from time to time but it takes she nearly several days to reply, knowing full well I must be a problem for her. She doesn't call me father, or Dad, she doesn't call me anything. I've come to understand I will never have a normal relationship with my daughter ever again, the price I've paid for a divorce. This is real life, not what you may read from some publicity person for his famous client to ensure good press nope, this is real life. My daughter will always be a stranger to me, and I to her.
    I am sorry for what happened to you. I dont understand why you werent allowed to see your own daughter - I would think with paternity tests the courts would have allowed you to, however since I havent had to go through this, I dont know first hand. and I realize ex's can be pitas.

I had a friend I looked up to in Biz when I was younger in sales - he and his wife divorced and he decided it was too hard to see the kids - I lost total respect for the guy - never contacted him again after talking to him.

I am sure this wasnt your situation - and I am truely sorry you are going through this.
    Colleen
    Realtor

Visit My Website

Dr J took care of his daughter , many who don't acknowledge their children don't do that.

Leave you're personal grudges out of this case, it's a little different.

Providing for a child was very important, but reconciling with them too is the BEST !

Read the entire letter if you want to get the intergal parts to understand.

Better yet watch it sinday morning at SUNDAY 9:30 am on ESPN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information