Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debate #3. The finale.

Debate #3. The finale.

Foreign Policy.
    Bob (snore) Schiffer is the moderater.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Bob Schiffer has the biggest ears I have ever seen, even bigger than Obama's, which is saying something. On a positive note, he is handling the debate superbly.

Oops, Bob just said "Obama bin laden" y

Biggest surprise for me was no mention of Ambassador Stevens when talking about Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Biggest surprise for me was no mention of Ambassador Stevens when talking about Libya.
    Romney did in his opening statements: "We see in -- in Libya, an attack apparently by, I think we know now, by terrorists of some kind against -- against our people there, four people dead."

Thanks Mark, I recorded it, so I'll go back and listen.

Thank God its over - now maybe they can turn off the phone machines and get the Union guys away from my front door!
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

It's not over...its hasn't even climaxed...there are currently three different "October Surprises" hyping up the media and 16 days left till election day.

It was an interesting debate.
    Romney was calm, informative and deflected attacks.

Obama by the get go, started the debate with attacks.

I found that Romney was cool headed and more informative.
    He focused on the economy and how he would grow the economy economically.
    That was his strong points, his challenge on handling China was important to note.

Everyone thinks Obama was great on Foreign Affairs, but I thought Romney nailed it
    except when they talked about technology--Obama was good on that aspect of the topic.

What people are missing on the Foreign Affairs issues is the attack in Libya. Also the Operation Fast & Furious that
    Obama Administration failed on. People died on both issues needlessly. If Obama is labeled strong on Foreign Affairs--
    I think those past attacks are more important. We applaud Obama for killing Osama but that does not make Obama
    strong on FA.

I am actually not a fan of either candidates, voting this year will be complicated.

O went to Israel to win pander for the Jewish vote in '08. He never went back. Never.

Romney completely correct that you can NOT have a strong military unless there is a strong economy to support it. Likewise, foreign policy might be fine on paper, BUT, again, can not support it unless have a strong economy to use as leverage with foreign relationships.

Even if O wins on every single foreign policy point or action, the key question is "at what cost"?..because our domestic economy can barely support the peeps at home looking for a job....which leads to the POTUS wanting to downsize military in order to redistribute to the unemployed, poor, etc. Again, sure, he then owns the votes of the dependent class, BUT, the nation becomes weaker.

O wanted to fight last night. He came in looking more like a challenger, trying to engage R in small ball battles here and there.

Thebest..the total BEST was split screen watching O keep trying to argue with Romney..and Romney b*tchslapped him with an "excuse me..I'm talking"..and talked right THROUGH Obama. Then O tries several times during the debate to catch moderators eye so try to cut off Romney. as in "cmon bobCandy did great for us..get with the program bob..through me some love".

So,,O went back to Roads and bridges? insanity.

so,,O's solution to the middle east appears to be "we need more teachers". LOLOL.

can't have a strong foreign policy..if dont have a strong domestic economy..

Landslide romney.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    so,,O's solution to the middle east appears to be "we need more teachers". LOLOL.
    When I heard he wants to hire 100,000 more teachers i wondered what jobs were waiting for the students once educated.

Funniest thing that happened during the debate? After Obama's condescending snark that the Navy doesn't use bayonets anymore, a Navy guy tweeted "The Navy still does use bayonets!"

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/la...ers-clear.html

And the Marines do too!
    http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49515551
    Last edited by buffy; October 23rd, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Here is what I got out of the final debate. Romney played the president like a guitar. By agreeing with the presidents foreign policies for the most part, by saying that killing and wars are not acceptable, by keeping his cool and looking presidential he aimed his delivery to the female voters. He turned this into a ONE ISSUE election. The economy baby. He will pound the president on job creation, unemployment, the national debt, the lack of growth with the economy, inflation, cost of gasoline, food stamps and cost of those programs. Obama has no defense other than blame BUSH.

Of course that's what you got. Because radical Republicans are liars, and you all lie to yourselves as much as you lie to everyone else.

Everyone else called it a resounding win for Obama....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I remember about 4 years ago when Ted Kennedy called him Osama Obama.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information