Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A follower of Christ perspective on the elections

Christians for OBAMA

haha what is that? there is no such thing. No true born again Bible believer could support that morally bankrupt man for reelection. Sad how the inner city social gospel preaching black pastors blindly do support him, apparently because of skin color alone. That is a sad indictment of that movement.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

well BTT?

You going to duck this conversation?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    That was a nifty side step but u didn't answer the question.

You said

Taking your statement at face value leads me to believe that in your eyes everything that was said by Jesus was said in the context of the situation involved and not in an overall sense.

Careful BTT your treading on dangerous ground here.
    Let me clarify for you Steven, I never said the word of God changes, but you should know some of the events we read are CULTURAL and does not apply to us today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    Let me clarify for you Steven, I never said the word of God changes, but you should know some of the events we read are CULTURAL and does not apply to us today.
    couldn't the same be said about women's rights, homosexuality, slavery etc?

when does it not become cultural?

how do u draw the line in scripture?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    couldn't the same be said about women's rights, homosexuality, slavery etc?

when does it not become cultural?

how do u draw the line in scripture?
    John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:7-11 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:

in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;

in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;

and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

The New Testament believers knew right from wrong without having the new Testament, the Holy Spirit was their guide.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

You need the Holy Spirit for discernment of some spiritual things.

so basically your saying your inner voice tells you when. That sounds like a cop out to me.

My inner voice tells me the word is the word and doesn't require me to have a second inner voice correct the intent of the word based on time or place, but I wont argue belief with you.

If Jesus held the last supper today, he wouldn't divide the table between President Obama and Romney supporters.

This is what's up voters

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	270513_4352415843110_36417615_n.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	3872

Question : When did Mormonism stop being a Cult and greed become a Biblical mandate?
    Believers some things are not so complicated. What we are calling free enterprise and the pursuit of Happiness God calls Greed and exploitation.
    The greatest evil facing America is not our lack. It is the sin of too Much. We have so much that we think we no longer need God. The answer to our problem will never be found in the White House. It must start in God's House and move to your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    Question : When did Mormonism stop being a Cult and greed become a Biblical mandate?
    Believers some things are not so complicated. What we are calling free enterprise and the pursuit of Happiness God calls Greed and exploitation.
    The greatest evil facing America is not our lack. It is the sin of too Much. We have so much that we think we no longer need God. The answer to our problem will never be found in the White House. It must start in God's House and move to y
    our house.
    Question: when did one's religion become a qualifier or a disqualifier for the presidency in America?

Question: how does donating nearly 30% of one's income translate to "greed"?

The Mormon church is a church not a cult. only those who try to place Judgement on others call it a cult .
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

5 Days to the Kingdom Alternative in the 2012 US Presidential Elections Nov. 6

Theme: there will be three types of saints going into Nov. 6

#. 1 & 2: Sons of God who will vote and who will abstain

Sons focus on 'why' rather than 'who'- this way their judgement is driven only by their perception of the perfect will of Abba - in their conscience - concerning who has been divinely approved to lead the gentile world into the oncoming dispensation! In this way, they will bear no personal culpability for what the 'who' will turn out to be in prophetic timeline of God called history. Saints, if we are truly approaching or are in the end times, the 'who' may turn out to be a significant personality!

Some sons will vote for one of the two candidates. Some others will abstain.

Their individual decisions will be purely spiritual, unswayed by hype, buzz and spin or racism and religion which are all signs of Mystery Babylon! The perfect will of God, as they receive sincerely in the heart, is what drives them!

3: Carnal Believers - care less about the will of God and His purpose

Those whose focus is on 'who' unwitting open themselves up to soul ties with their preferred candidates. With such soulish relationships, they become blinded by pristine carnal considerations such as racial affinity, religious affinity and other subjective considerations (even if they deny this). Consequently, they may make a choice which contradicts the purpose and will of God. This makes them transgressors of the Supreme will of God!

These are saints who have stubbornly decided to vote for President Barack Obama or Governor Mitt Romney without real, sincere prayers, waiting on God. They made their choices without consulting God and thereby declared their unilateral independence from Him or secession from His Kingdom! It is as simple as that!

Such people will have a case to answer if their choice is outside the will of God!

Time to break soul-ties with candidates, Pastors, Media spin!

Saints, this is serious business! Let no so called man or woman of God possess your conscience and will, swaying you to act contrary to what God wants to accomplish through a particular vessel in these end times! Break all soul ties with either candidates, their parties and media spin so that you can hear clearly from God!

Stand on Matthew 6:10 to pray for yourself and fellow saints in America to escape the grip of Mystery Babylon manifested by the dark spirits of religion and partisan politics!

Eve of The Kingdom Alternative in the 2012 US Presidential Elections, Nov. 6

Theme: The Only way to escape culpability is if you act according to will of God!

For hundreds of years, many well meaning Christians in America have lived an illusion that the nation will live for ever in ever expanding prosperity. The fact that the longest world empire, Rome, lasted 622 years did little to douse that expectation. The decline of Great Britain, mother of America which paved way for its ascendancy was not factored into the enthusiasm of a Republic that will last forever.

Emotion is good but cannot replace reality: all human kingdoms rise and fall at appointed seasons! From its inception, America was a mixed multitude built on Blood and War; Betrayal and Lust as much as it was built on desire for Religious Freedom, Quest for Individual Liberty and desire for unbridled Space for Human Enterprise to achieve its highest capacity, free of controls. Just as religious men played part in securing the new nation, so also in equal measure did Freemasons and gentlemen of Various Occult Houses from Europe.. Masking their Mutual Enterprise in Religious Language no one remembered to insert the hallowed Name of Jesus Christ in the Constitution. Rather, there were references to The Supreme Being, Providence and other generic names of Deity which mollified every one. The God of heaven was not fooled but allowed men to enjoy their delusions that their nation was His own!

Those who insist America is a Christian nation have proclaimed and lived the lie so much that it appeared for many years as truth. But lies don't stack up against reality! Go and ask the descendants of Pocahontas and other noble native American Chiefs what they think of the 'religious' men who deceived their ancestors, betrayed their trust and murdered them in cold blood. Go and ask the French and Spanish who lost their possessions by sleight of hand and threats.

This aspect of the true foundation of America which Christians refuse to acknowledge is the very part of history which haunts the future. Try as you may to think otherwise, those alive today are beneficiaries of assets as well as liabilities of their ancestors! So there is always a time when the Chicken comes home to roost and reality of pay day looms large. That pay day in part begins tomorrow as either of two men whose understanding of Jesus Christ and purpose of His first coming and reality of His Second Coming differs widely from what Christians know and believe. Talk of a choice between six and half dozen!

Look at who providence has thrown up as alternatives before America tomorrow! Look at who will lead America into its final assignment as head of the gentile nations as Prophecy is ready to be fulfilled! The man who will win the election tomorrow has been known to the God of all flesh from eternity past. He was factored into the mixed multitude foundation of the nation, programmed to manifest tomorrow.

It is inconceivable that saints who have the Holy Spirit of the living God inside their hearts will allow partisanship and religion to so blind them that they just cannot see this simple truth: the choice between an extremely liberal President Barack Obama and a constantly shifting Mormon Bishop, Governor Mitt Romney is from a spiritual perspective, an absolutely no choice! Either of these gentlemen fits a bill that should jolt saints into reality that the End Times have come upon America in a way it has not happened before!

That saints are exerting so much energy to promote either candidate is not in the perfect will of God! But then, this scenario has also long been prophesied! Saints, the reality is that despite the man who wins tomorrow, America enters a new age on January 20, 2013 when the 45th President is inaugurated!

The safest counsel that can be given is to the remnant, that tiny band of saints who do not love their lives unto death. It is this: Wait on the Sovereign Lord and do as He tells you! If He does not speak, abstain! If He says to abstain, obey! If on the other hand He asks you to vote for either President Barack Obama or Governor Mitt Romney, please do so as unto Him and your conscience will be clear that you simply obeyed God. That is the only way you will escape culpability for what may happen in future concerning whoever is elected tomorrow.

Finally, to all who name the Name of The Lord, we close with this exhortation: Watch and Pray like never before and abstain from further agitation-propaganda or riotous behavior if your preferred candidate fails to win! God is in it!
    I believe the Will of God is supreme and should be sought after with due diligence. For that reason I do not endorse people nor campaign for candidates. Rather I accept and do the will of God.
    Last edited by Bringthetruth; November 5th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Question: when did one's religion become a qualifier or a disqualifier for the presidency in America?

Question: how does donating nearly 30% of one's income translate to "greed"?
    It never have until now

Sending many jobs overseas to make more money and allowing major tax breaks for the rich.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information