Thread: DO NOT EXPECT any resolution tomorrow from our PATHETIC legislature

DO NOT EXPECT any resolution tomorrow from our PATHETIC legislature

There is ONE major reason I blame the legislature more for this fiasco than our King:

They are too GUTLESS and PATHETIC to accomplish ANYTHING, period.

Our King decreed that a deficit existed. He advocated raising the sales tax to close the gap, an unpopular measure which NONETHELESS got PASSED by this group of sackless wonders, only to then FAIL a week later!

How PATHETIC is that?

Now suddenly a bunch of those legislators have decided that raising the tax is no longer a good idea (election ploy).

OK

Then make cuts.

OH, we just can't do THAT! People will be upset!

Then we have the chairman of this group of idiots going out of town for a "family event" on the eve of the biggest meltdown, I mean budget meeting, yet

BOTTOM LINE: there is absolutely NO WAY to close this gap NOW (there is NO TIME to "bring people to the table" because the numbnuts have wasted the time they DID have) WITHOUT raising taxes

I understand the whole "let's re-engineer our entire government" argument, but it aint happening in the space of an afternoon

What we need to do now is raise the sales tax, borrow the money, and spend the next few months (before the 2006 budget is made up) figuring out ways to save $$ and become more efficient

I'm all for reform. But right now, we have an IMMEDIATE CRISIS that needs IMMEDIATE solution.

We DO NOT want a control board here.

Half the legislature will be GONE. Let's elect some GOOD people this time around and solve our problems.

A group of Albany fatcats running our finances is NOT what we want.

ALL THAT being said, I FULLY expect this PATHETIC group of LOSERS to throw up their hands, say "we give up" and allow our local gov't to be swallowed up by the special interests in Albany
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

don't get me wrong, I don't mean to release our king from his share of the blame

had he just put a property tax increase in the budget, it would have gone in by default when this group of losers couldn't come to a consensus on how to change it, and this conversation would never have happened

The king is right, though.

Either RAISE revenues, or LOWER expenditures.

It's THAT simple.

But each one carries VERY unpopular consequences.

And so, they do NOTHING, as if THAT is a solution.

NO, it only makes things WORSE in the long run, and HURTS more for the average person than if you had just raised the tax 5 months ago and been done with it

and most of all, f*** Al Debenedetti.

What kind of jackoff votes for a solution one week, then revereses course the following week (against his word given to those he works with) and SINGLEHANDEDLY de-rails what looked like a viable solution at the time??

And some people make this unstable fool out to be a hero for some reason....

NOW he's going aroudns aying we NEED to raise the sales tax.

WTF?

WHY did he vote against it months ago then?

If it is NEEDED anyways, why wait until you announce you're not running for re-election to decide to support it (again) ??

these guys are PATHETIC

Look at todays (6/13) Buffalo news online, there is an article laying out how the county needs either a combo of the sales tax increase PLUS a 50% property tax increase or a 92% property tax increase alone

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...13/1029914.asp

Secondly there is an article off the homepage of speakupwny.com

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_2116.shtml

Making statements about taxpayers not paying their fair share.

Jusy what is this "Fair Share"

How can anyone over the age of 5 beleive in this stuff or are they having a contest to see how they can ratched up the speed and volume of the exodus from that region.

I am stunned, You need to seriously consider taring and feathering some of the people proposing these increases and making these statements.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    BOTTOM LINE: there is absolutely NO WAY to close this gap NOW (there is NO TIME to "bring people to the table" because the numbnuts have wasted the time they DID have) WITHOUT raising taxes

I understand the whole "let's re-engineer our entire government" argument, but it aint happening in the space of an afternoon

What we need to do now is raise the sales tax, borrow the money, and spend the next few months (before the 2006 budget is made up) figuring out ways to save $$ and become more efficient

Yes there is. We immediatly cut salaries across the board. We take that NEW revenue stream and use it to pay the burden the county government has placed on the community for the deficit.

Perhaps take some of that 100,000,000 or what ever for the richardson complex and use it to remove the deficit

liqudate assest... like selling off all the over-priced furniture

Originally posted by WNYresident
    Yes there is. We immediatly cut salaries across the board. We take that NEW revenue stream and use it to pay the burden the county government has placed on the community for the deficit.

Perhaps take some of that 100,000,000 or what ever for the richardson complex and use it to remove the deficit
    Yes, and cut legislation staff and exec staff--FIRST

Troll:
    I agree with everything you've pointed out except this:
    We need to let the ship sink and start fresh. Tell Albany, on welfare and medicaid, to take a flying leap. We will institute our own reform, coincidering they can't reform it. Also re-negociate all union contracts. Then watch out teachers here we come.
    All needs to change if we want to prosper in less than a generation.

Cindy Locklear plan in black 'n white

In the Candidates section for District 9, Cindy Locklear laid out a punchlist of actions she would put into motion if elected into the E.C. legislature under the thread "Hypothetically.. How do you move forward. I have been emailing and asking for nearly two months for any legislator that could put a plan on paper for the commoners to review.

This is the first black and white plan I've seen and may be of interest to others thinking there's no resolution possible. The article about abolishing County Gov't on the home page of speakup needs more eyeballs too.

Lars
    "... the world is full of educated derelicts..." Calvin Coolidge

hey........what do you mean..."we don't want a control board here"?
    count me as one tax payer that DOES want a control board!

It's easy to cut County spending.

Move the budget one decimal place to the left.

Saves $95 million.

It's easy and takes no thought.

Perfect for our Legislature.

Remember the Gipper: "For every complex problem, there's a simple solution."
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

lol Biker

I for one do NOt want a group of state pols who will have ZERO accountability running the show in here

at LEAST we can find our current group of yo-yos (most of the time) to harass them and put their feet to the fire

the control board folks don't have to answer to ANYONE

that's not the answer here....

Thread Information