Thread: Alan Bedenko's Opinion on the Debate

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Alan Bedenko's Opinion on the Debate

Romney vs. Obama: Colorado

Read his full story before commenting

How Alan ended his story:

Alan Bedenko
    "It’s easy to be confident and outperform your debate opponent when you’re lying. Romney tried to remake himself last night as a champion for the middle class – this is the same guy who opposed the auto bailouts and denigrates 47% of the population as victim moochers. Time will tell how this will play out, but debates aren’t game-changers."

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Hey Alan,,, Romney is Hope and Change for the 53%......

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Alan?

Which parts of what Romney said were lies?

maybe he meant Obama?

Obama slammed by AARP after claiming support of powerful senior citizens' group during debate
    In a statement issued late on Wednesday night, senior vice-president John Hishta rejected the link between the AARP and the President's re-election campaign.

'While we respect the rights of each campaign to make its case to voters, AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign,' he said.

'AARP is a non-partisan organisation and we do not endorse political candidates nor co-ordinate with any candidate or political party.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Chris Matthews Unloads On Obama's Debate Performance

This one is even better

MSNBC Pissed at Obama Debate Clips

Maddow: No Winner In This Debate, But There Is A Loser — Jim Lehrer

I wonder if having your butt kicked is covered by Obamacare?
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Facts are, Obama must now, 4 years later run on his record, THAT'S why Romney crushed him, not for the reasons that Buffalo Unrising is using as a far left flinger, as Obama's record is dismal, at best, are you better off now then 4 years ago? The man is still blaming Bush, Bush the first, I've heard him denigrate & blame President Reagan's fiscal policies....
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

BP is just in denial, and didnt get the memo. Good gawd man, even Bill Maher and Michael Moore, know who won.

LOL. yes, unemployment above 8% is a lie. Tax revenue increases by broadening the tax base is a lie (hint: add 1 more taxpayer = more tax revenue. add 1 million to taxpayer rolls = . LOL. do the math).

Tell BP that everyone , except stephanopolous called it a Romney WIN. that's WIN with a W. If romney wsa LYING, they wold have all been saying Romney cheated. So, you're contardicting your own peeps there BP: Axelrod said Romney won, they all did. Every last one of them, except for the peeps that need the obama paycheck (Cutter, Ploufe,others, etc.). Was Romney lying when he said that Obama jammed Obamacare down america's throad without a single R vote? Was Romney lying when h esaid that POTUS wouldn't support Simpson-Bowles?

Come on fella...tell us the lies. ? loll..

LOL..just get your cover story straight.. So, BP is saying, quite literally, that Romney won because he was cheating. How precious.

Last night, we saw the real obama, the guy WITHOUT the teleprompter. Stammer...uhhh...studder..Ramble...WORD SALAD!.

Notice, very subtle..that he never said, not one, I "know" that doesnt work...or I "know" this does work. HE kept saying, "i dont think that's the way to go". Well,,..BP...maybe you can explain for the POTUS,...on what basis does the POTUS make his comments of "i dont think thats the way to go". His vast private sector experience / His learnings from Rev Wright? HIs experience as a wealth builder?..?

In fact, POTUS barry always fremes it that way, that "i dont think thats the way to go"...or "the american people clerly think that THIS is the way to go".

I dunno, Potus barry never called me, so how does he know what me or my neighbors think? HE dont.

LOLOL.

Bottom line: What obama "thinks" about ecomonic growth is flat out WRONG, and the evidence is plain as day.

Shame, that THIS is the guy you're all been trusting your future to, and your kids' futures. The guy was CLUELESS...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Tell BP that everyone , except stephanopolous called it a Romney WIN. that's WIN with a W. If romney wsa LYING, they wold have all been saying Romney cheated. So, you're contardicting your own peeps there BP: Axelrod said Romney won, they all did. Every last one of them, except for the peeps that need the obama paycheck (Cutter, Ploufe,others, etc.). Was Romney lying when he said that Obama jammed Obamacare down america's throad without a single R vote? Was Romney lying when h esaid that POTUS wouldn't support Simpson-Bowles?
    First thought that popped into my mind was Pelosi. President Obama mentioned that we don't have details about Romney's plans... Pelosi made a comment to pass the health care and read the details later. Why doesn't it apply in this case?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Shame, that THIS is the guy you're all been trusting your future to, and your kids' futures. The guy was CLUELESS...
    He meant well.

Alan?

Which parts of what Romney said were lies?
    The Rest Of The Story

Mitt Romney made numerous bogus claims in the Oct. 3 debate about the $90 billion in grants, guaranteed loans and tax breaks for energy projects in the stimulus bill:

Romney falsely claimed “about half” of the clean-energy companies that received U.S.-backed loans “have gone out of business.” But 26 companies received loan guarantees under a loan program cited by Romney, and three of those have filed for bankruptcy. The three firms were approved for about 6 percent of the loan guarantees.

- Romney incorrectly claimed the “$90 billion in breaks to the green energy world” was provided “in one year.” It was two.
    - He stated at one point that Obama put $90 billion “into solar and wind.” But only $21 billion went for renewable energy projects, “such as the installation of wind turbines and solar panels,” according to a White House document cited by the Romney campaign. The spending also included $18 billion for transit projects and $10 billion to upgrade the nation’s electrical grid.
    - He falsely claimed the $90 billion was equal to “about 50 years’ worth of what oil and gas receives” in tax breaks, which he estimated at $2.8 billion. By his own figures, it would have been 32 years’ worth. But it’s even less than that. The administration estimates that eliminating oil and gas tax preferences would raise about $3.9 billion a year (23 years’ worth). The industry itself says the administration would increase its taxes by $8.5 billion a year (10.5 years’ worth).
    - He falsely claimed Obama “put $90 billion into green jobs … that would have hired 2 million teachers.” But that $90 billion included loan guarantees, not just grant money, and the government can’t hire teachers with loan guarantees.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Both Guys Are Liars

We found exaggerations and false claims flying thick and fast during the first debate between President Obama and his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney.

- Obama accused Romney of proposing a $5 trillion tax cut. Not true. Romney proposes to offset his rate cuts and promises he won’t add to the deficit.
    - Romney again promised to “not reduce the taxes paid by high-income Americans” and also to “lower taxes on middle-income families,” but didn’t say how he could possibly accomplish that without also increasing the deficit.
    - Obama oversold his health care law, claiming that health care premiums have “gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years.” That’s true of health care spending, but not premiums. And the health care law had little to do with the slowdown in overall spending.
    - Romney claimed a new board established by the Affordable Care Act is “going to tell people ultimately what kind of treatments they can have.” Not true. The board only recommends cost-saving measures for Medicare, and is legally forbidden to ration care or reduce benefits.
    - Obama said 5 million private-sector jobs had been created in the past 30 months. Perhaps so, but that counts jobs that the Bureau of Labor Statistics won’t add to the official monthly tallies until next year. For now, the official tally is a bit over 4.6 million.
    - Romney accused Obama of doubling the federal deficit. Not true. The annual deficit was already running at $1.2 trillion when Obama took office.
    - Obama again said he’d raise taxes on upper-income persons only to the “rates that we had when Bill Clinton was president.” Actually, many high-income persons would pay more than they did then, because of new taxes in Obama’s health care law.
    - Romney claimed that middle-income Americans have “seen their income come down by $4,300.” That’s too high. Census figures show the decline in median household income during Obama’s first three years was $2,492, even after adjusting for inflation.
    - Obama again touted his “$4 trillion” deficit reduction plan, which includes $1 trillion from winding down wars that are coming to an end in any event.
    - Romney sometimes came off as a serial exaggerator. He said “up to” 20 million might lose health insurance under the new law, citing a Congressional Budget Office study that actually put the likely number who would lose employer-sponsored coverage at between 3 million and 5 million. He said 23 million Americans are “out of work” when the actual number of jobless is much lower. He claimed half of all college grads this year can’t find work, when, in fact, an AP story said half either were jobless or underemployed. And he again said Obama “cut” $716 billion from Medicare, a figure that actually reflects a 10-year target for slowing Medicare spending, which will continue to grow.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

It's amazing the amount of people that continue to be shocked and surprised by a candidate being less than accurate with facts......seriously?

13 trillion in debt unfortunately is a fact..

Thread Information