Thread: Higgins to host 'power forum' [Sat 6/11]

Higgins to host 'power forum' [Sat 6/11]

Higgins to host 'power forum'

Business owners by the hundreds have been invited to attend a Saturday "Business Power Forum" to be hosted by Rep. Brian Higgins, D-Buffalo.

The session, scheduled for Medaille College, will begin at 10:30 a.m.

The freshman congressman has planned the forum to allow business owners and industry leaders the chance to address electric rates and the upcoming relicensing of the Niagara Power Project in Lewiston, operated by the New York Power Authority.

According to a statement from Higgins office, "Despite our proximity to this magnificent force, Western New York's businesses pay energy rates 50 to 60 percent higher than the national average."

Some 500 business officials have been invited to the forum as well as the general public.

Well this is nice.

According to a statement from Higgins office, "Despite our proximity to this magnificent force, Western New York's businesses pay energy rates 50 to 60 percent higher than the national average."

Don't get me wrong I like the kid but-

Anyone living in or doing buisness in WNY has known and complained about this for years and years. Why didn't his father do something if something could have been done?
    This is just Higgens trying to placate the revolt as if he can really do something. It is a, "Make them feel as if we can truely accomplish this.", calculated political move.

Check! Your move!

I can hear his speach now at the next election cycle for him.

Higgens - I have heard you're comments and brought them back to congress and we are looking into all the potential possibilities of making electricity more affordable for our local buisnesses. I promise you that I will find a solution but I need more time and am certian we can reslove this issue.

Long on good intentions, short on any possible action.

Long on good intentions, short on any possible action.
    Sounds like a recipe for success to me: only fight the fights you know you can win!
    Remain calm!! But run for your lives if necessary!

Sounds like a recipe for success to me: only fight the fights you know you can win!
    OR

Tell them what they want to hear. To enhance re-election?

Truely I hope not. It has become a world of political surprises lately.

I bet Kennedy, Conrad and/or Schroeder will be there. Where there's one, usually you'll find them all.

Tell them what they want to hear. To enhance re-election?

No,. no... he's campaigning for Kennedy & Conrad.

Thread Information