Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rus Thompson mentioned on Facebook that Joe Illuzi passed away...

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Rus Thompson mentioned on Facebook that Joe Illuzi passed away...

Rus Thompson mentioned on Facebook that Joe Illuzi passed away...

Anyone verify it?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So far no. I thought it was odd Rus posted it up so I had to ask.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The Passing Of A WNY Pioneer
    Written by Glenn Gramigna, Editor

JOSEPH ILLUZZI, RIP

We have been told that WNY internet pioneer Joseph “Joe” Illuzzi passed away this morning after a long illness at the age of 65. Joe will be remembered by all who knew him as a true original, someone who changed the way WNYers get their political news, someone who added spice and fire to the local political scene ever since he started his “Illuzzi Letter” as a news sheet sent out through the mail and put under people's doors almost 15 years ago.

This reporter will remember Joe as a kind of “lovable rogue,” a guy who had a tough side to his personality but also a man who was filled with love for his daughter and for Buffalo and WNY.

http://www.newwnypolitics.net/

From: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...120929365/1002

Joseph Illuzzi, who built PoliticsNY.net into a tip sheet for local politicos, died this morning after a long illness, several associates said Tuesday. He was 65.

Illuzzi, of Buffalo, turned political gossip and news into a business that attracted both the readership and advertisements of Western New York politicians.

"He's been hard on a lot of politicians, and he's been nice to other ones," said County Legislature Chairwoman Betty Jean Grant. "At the end of the day, I think his website was one of the first places people went, No. 1, to find out what's going on politically, and No. 2, to find out what Joe thought of a certain individual."

Grant, who first met Illuzzi when both attended Buffalo charter revision committee meetings as citizens in 1998, said Illuzzi was devoted to his daughter.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I thought it odd that his website hadn't been updated in a few weeks. pretty cool that he's with Jesus now.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    I thought it odd that his website hadn't been updated in a few weeks. pretty cool that he's with Jesus now.
    For a few reasons, I don't think that he is.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Leave it to someone like you to say that on an open forum, you sir (I think) show yourself here to have no class! and I can think of a couple other few choice words that fit you perfectly but will refrain, just fill in the blank, not hard seeing how empty your head is.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Leave it to someone like you to say that on an open forum, you sir (I think) show yourself here to have no class! and I can think of a couple other few choice words that fit you perfectly but will refrain, just fill in the blank, not hard seeing how empty your head is.
    That comment from someone who tells people they are condemned to hell... Hi Frank.

In what way do I have "no class"? Because (a) there's no such thing as heaven and Jesus isn't living, waiting for you on some alternate plane; and (b) because Joe Illuzzi was a bad man who did bad things and wouldn't likely be with Jesus if there was such a person still hanging out somewhere?

Please.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Why aren't all you Jesus believers in a rush to be with him? why do you all "pray" so hard not to be with him?

Was Andrea Yates right? Are her children with Jesus spending eternity in never ending happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    In what way do I have "no class"? Because (a) there's no such thing as heaven and Jesus isn't living, waiting for you on some alternate plane; and (b) because Joe Illuzzi was a bad man who did bad things and wouldn't likely be with Jesus if there was such a person still hanging out somewhere?

Please.
    Pundit, Jesus came for sinners to be forgiven, so, bad men like Joe can confess and be forgiven. jesus is a historical fact, his resurrection was witnessed by at leasat 500 peope and conspiracy theories about a stolen body was never proven, but that's an aside. You can believe or not believe, whatever. There is power in the blood of the lamb that was slain. It will all play out. i'm not here to convince anyone- God can and will convince you if you ask him to yourself. ASK and you will receive, Knock and the door will be opened. have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    That comment from someone who tells people they are condemned to hell... Hi Frank.
    Hi Tony, please show me where I have EVER said that like that. No one is condemned to hell, people make a CHOSE to go there. Salvation and eternal life is a free gift available to all.

Many are just too rusty and crusty, full of bitterness - unable to "see" it.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    In what way do I have "no class"?
    Please.
    Please, the guy ain't even in the ground yet, he did have family - no? At least respect that for know. You may be correct but the timing was classless.

Please, the guy ain't even in the ground yet, he did have family - no? At least respect that for know. You may be correct but the timing was classless.
    It happens a few times a year, where I actually agree with Frank - and this is one of those times.
    Pundit - take the high road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information