Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium in Buffalo

New Stadium in Buffalo

I have an idea on how to get a new stadium built in Buffalo.

Let's start a new State Authority. We can call this new authority "New York State Stadium Authority"
    This would be similar to all the other State Authorities which can spend money with no regard to the cost to the taxpayer.
    Just think we could have the money approved for our new stadium overnight. The only problem we would have in starting construction of the new stadium, is that our local opponents of the new stadium would try to postpone the building of the new stadium. The stadium opposition group may finally stop their efforts after the Bills leave for Toronto.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I think the first step before entertaining any stadium idea is to have someone local buy the team. Otherwise I think it is a waste of time.

The same Stadium Authority could buy the team too

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Another patronage PIT for the political parties.

We would have $100,000 water and towel boys....

We would have $75,000 "ball" monitors

If someone within the community doesn't buy the team there is no reason to build a stadium or to entertain building a stadium.

I was thinking it would be cool to have the public buy the team but I don't think Erie County residents could come up with the type of money it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I think the first step before entertaining any stadium idea is to have someone local buy the team. Otherwise I think it is a waste of time.
    I believe just the opposite, if they don't build one the team has no good reason to stay.

Once you build the team will stay , also it won't just be used for football 8 times a year. Haven't you heard my friend Pat Freeman proposal that has caught Mr poloncarz off guard and now the state officials are looking into Pat Freeman's proposal.

http://www.thebuffalobullet.com/no-m...adium-part-ix/

March 10th, 2012 07:19 PM #1
    Bringthetruth

Why a new Stadium should be built downtown Buffalo

Ralph Wilson the owner of the Buffalo Bills lease is up in 2013, there is a proposal to up grade the Stadiums with Millions of dollars.

The issue is Ralph says the team will stay in Buffalo as long as he's alive and he's up there in age at 94 yrs of age .

What happens if we spend millions of dollars and Ralph dies what do we use the stadium for out in ORCHARD PARK .
    HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES 80,000 seat stadium ???

Well it's time to use the taxpayers money more wisely and invest in the city of Buffalo NY.

I propose A new Downtown facility that would be used for more than just a Pro football stadium but all all around state of the art building with a retractable roof with walk ways that are indoor so the people aren't hampered by the bad weather and high winds.

Something like they have in Indianapolis who was able to host the SUPERBOWL. Instead of the lawns of private citizens of Orchard Park receiving money for parking, let the city of Buffalo benefit from the fans parking. With that type of facility would come more quality hotels that even Tom Brady wouldn't be able to complain. Good money investment , brings in more money the ideas would be endless.. Have you notice there hasn't been a concert at Ralph Stadium since 2003.

We could have Variety of different venues like ethnic festivals done in a greater capacity with say a 65.000 seat arena. The Ralph as it is has cramped conditions for media they have to use each others outlets and the picture taking is done in a trailer and waiting in lines for concessions etc could be done better.

Look how many people come to Buffalo for the Taste of Buffalo right downtown. Think of how many more Canadians would be compelled to come over the border in spend money in the city of Buffalo.

I know for a fact Former Bill "Jim Kelly" and about 5 more investors are ready for this type of proposal. It's time for Buffalo and Erie county politicians and citizens to come out of the stone age and get with the future , we have held back long enough. If Indianapolis can do it we in Buffalo with the vast waterfront should be able to do it to.

What do you all think ?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    I believe just the opposite, if they don't build one the team has no good reason to stay.

Once you build the team will stay , also it won't just be used for football 8 times a year. Haven't you heard my friend Pat Freeman proposal that has caught Mr poloncarz off guard and now the state officials are looking into Pat Freeman's proposal.

http://www.thebuffalobullet.com/no-m...adium-part-ix/

And no one buys the team what does the community do with a a large stadium including the bill that goes along with it?

Oh I know... we'll market it as a tourist attraction that will add millions of economic impact.

And no one buys the team what does the community do with a a large stadium including the bill that goes along with it?

Oh I know... we'll market it as a tourist attraction that will add millions of economic impact.
    I personally love the idea of ethnic festivals inside a 60,000 seat football stadium. We could do one every week. Make sure to put me down for Uzbek days and Pygmy week! Let's build it attached to the Commercial Slip and then we can enjoy the aroma of an open sewer on hot summer days.

How about instead of pissing away millions of $$ that we don't have and can't afford, we all just line up and wave goodbye as the Bills leave town. Then we can all get the NFL Sunday ticket and watch real NFL football for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    March 10th, 2012 07:19 PM #1
    Bringthetruth

Why a new Stadium should be built downtown Buffalo

Ralph Wilson the owner of the Buffalo Bills lease is up in 2013, there is a proposal to up grade the Stadiums with Millions of dollars.

The issue is Ralph says the team will stay in Buffalo as long as he's alive and he's up there in age at 94 yrs of age .

What happens if we spend millions of dollars and Ralph dies what do we use the stadium for out in ORCHARD PARK .
    HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES 80,000 seat stadium ???

Well it's time to use the taxpayers money more wisely and invest in the city of Buffalo NY.

I propose A new Downtown facility that would be used for more than just a Pro football stadium but all all around state of the art building with a retractable roof with walk ways that are indoor so the people aren't hampered by the bad weather and high winds.

Something like they have in Indianapolis who was able to host the SUPERBOWL. Instead of the lawns of private citizens of Orchard Park receiving money for parking, let the city of Buffalo benefit from the fans parking. With that type of facility would come more quality hotels that even Tom Brady wouldn't be able to complain. Good money investment , brings in more money the ideas would be endless.. Have you notice there hasn't been a concert at Ralph Stadium since 2003.

We could have Variety of different venues like ethnic festivals done in a greater capacity with say a 65.000 seat arena. The Ralph as it is has cramped conditions for media they have to use each others outlets and the picture taking is done in a trailer and waiting in lines for concessions etc could be done better.

Look how many people come to Buffalo for the Taste of Buffalo right downtown. Think of how many more Canadians would be compelled to come over the border in spend money in the city of Buffalo.

I know for a fact Former Bill "Jim Kelly" and about 5 more investors are ready for this type of proposal. It's time for Buffalo and Erie county politicians and citizens to come out of the stone age and get with the future , we have held back long enough. If Indianapolis can do it we in Buffalo with the vast waterfront should be able to do it to.

What do you all think ?

As long as we are daydreaming.
    Let an individual, a group of investors or an authority buy the team.
    Then let the new owners negotiate a new lease with the county.
    Then build a new stadium downtown. Build this stadium and remove the huge Sky-Way bridge at the same time.
    This will ensure congressman Higgins support in this dual project.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm just curious... They do tend to sell out games so what is the issue? Can they get more per tickets in a larger city?

If you knew the millions of dollars that could be generated to come in the city by using the Arena/ Convention Ctr, YOU WOULD RE-THINK THE PREHISTORIC MINDSETS OF OLD MONEY HERE IN BUFFALO and surrounding area.

I'm just curious... They do tend to sell out games so what is the issue? Can they get more per tickets in a larger city?

Two main issues.

1 - The Bills have some of the lowest ticket prices in the NFL with an average of $58.36. Several teams like New England, New York (J & G), Dallas, Chicago...etc have ticket prices over $110. So for every seat sold in Buffalo, other NFL teams make twice as much.

75,000 seats X $55 per game = $4.125M per game EXTRA. Just over the 8 regular season home games that's an extra $33 Million per year.

This is before you get to luxury boxes. From this site

The most affordable suite presently is found at Ralph Wilson Stadium, home of the Buffalo Bills, at $28,400 for a season. In contrast, the Miami Dolphins have a suite offering that brings in $750,000 annually. Considering the entire NFL, the average low cost of a suite sells for $64,597, whereas the average high end cost is $246,712.
    So if the average stadium has 150 boxes. The Bills are making just $3.5M per season on boxes. In comparison, other teams like the ones with the higher ticket prices above, are making $75M per season. That is using a cost of just $500k for boxes and a lot of teams are more expensive.

So just on ticket prices and luxury boxes, some teams are making about $70M to $90M more per season just for playing the games. Now if I am to understand the rules...the owner of the team gets most, if not all, of the profits.

So when the Bills are sold and a new owner forks over close to $1B for the team..he's obviously going to want a return on that investment. That said, do you stay in Buffalo or move to a city were you could essentially pay off the team debt in just under 15 years by simply playing the game?

Now you do need to factor in the cost of stadium construction...and the Bills do have a cash cow with no real debt on the stadium but if you look at it over 15-20 years you can pay off the stadium and team at a much faster clip than staying in Buffalo.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    As long as we are daydreaming.
    Let an individual, a group of investors or an authority buy the team.
    Then let the new owners negotiate a new lease with the county.
    Then build a new stadium downtown. Build this stadium and remove the huge Sky-Way bridge at the same time.
    This will ensure congressman Higgins support in this dual project.
    No.

Private buyer or if the community would buy the team they are all basically stock holders.

NFL won't let a community buy a team
    Greenbay got grandfathered in

The do allow multiple owners though. I don't remember what the limit is, but it would not need to be one single rich person from what I remember reading a while back

Ralph really should sell a percentage of the team now. This would reduce the estate taxes his kids will get hit with and it would put the partial owner in a position where they could more easily get additional investors lined up to buy the remainder upon Ralph's death.

Question: Would selling the team be considered a long term capital gain? If so the tax would be a hell of a lot less than the estate tax rate, another reason he should sell partial ownership now
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information