Thread: From WBEN

Tony Fracasso - Admin

From WBEN

Holt Calls Special Session, Sets "Drop Dead" Date
    WBEN Newsroom - Tuesday, June 7, 2005 12:50 PM

Buffalo, NY (WBEN) - Erie County Legislators will meet in a special session next Tuesday. It's the date the chairman is setting aside as the "drop dead" date.

George Holt tells Newsradio 930 WBEN the legislature must come with a plan and have ten votes by Tuesday's meeting, or else he will call for a control board.

Holt is urging anyone with ideas to present them by Friday.

» WBEN Community Forum: Talk about this story and more with fellow WBEN listeners!

So HOLT's only answer is to continuelly raise taxes.

LETS PRONOUCE THE WORD OF THE DAY

"BANKRUPTSY" for the county.

Let'S SPELL the word of the day,
    BANRUPTCY

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: From WBEN

Originally posted by WNYresident
    So HOLT's only answer is to continuelly raise taxes.

LETS PRONOUCE THE WORD OF THE DAY

"BANKRUPTCY" for the county.
    thank you

My favorite part of the news blurb is where Holt gives his ultimatum of a plan by tuesday or HE will call for a control board.

Uhhhhh dude? Nice job on waking up and finally realizing what's happening, but people with more credibility and far more political power than you'll ever have are pretty much guarenteeing that's going to happen. Enjoy being the lead political puppet in front of a state appointed tax-raising board.

Holt is a complete moron. I heard a sound byte on the radio that sounded like he was just reading Hevesi's statement. He even said "We need adult supervision!"

Here's a cost cutting measure... replace Holt with a parrot. Both capable of repeating what someone else said. Both birdbrains. Both have the same qualifications!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Maybe it's time for a protest.. Seems the unions want a control board because they fear the bankruptcy issue.

I say start over fresh in favor of the tax payer. If the unions don't like it they can move to where the other tax payers went

Unions ?

I'll bet they want a control board because it might display rampant waste and duplication on managements side. I'll bet they would look at more than one managerial job and say....but what do they really do ?

Maybe it's time for a protest..
    It is time for all County residents to come together with placards to make some noise and show solidarity against the COLLOSAL MISMANAGEMENT OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS. We should rally it as such to gain the largest number of protestors and refrain from labeling it to more specified topics (leave that up to the protester).

Thread Information