Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I must be seeing things - Animal Control

Check out the driver...it's the DEER LADY!!!

Lol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!

Dude. Its a beater 150,000 mile car the town owns already whats the big deal?

If yall cant find something to bitch about it looks like you will just make something up. There are real issues out there and this isnt one of them.

Animal Control Car

Hello Everyone!
    As the Dog Warden for the Town of Cheektowaga I can explain the car.
    Our old truck was not worth fixing anymore, so the PD gave us a old police car to use. The car has over 150000 miles on it,but it makes a great second vehicle for our department. Older dogs that would struggle to get into our pick-up have no trouble hopping into the back seat of the car. We also assist dog owners who cannot get their pet to the vet because of old age,injury etc. Also,if one vehicle is in for service we still have to respond to calls-therefore the need for a second vehicle.
    If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding Animal control,feel free to call us at 686-3525. We are always here to help!
    Scott Thrun-DCO

When I see posts like this, I wonder if anyone ever goes through the budget and eliminates costs that are unecessary. Why can't the part-time animal control driver, use their own car. They are not transporting the animal just assisting with putting the large animal in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwarden View Post
    Hello Everyone!
    Our old truck was not worth fixing anymore, so the PD gave us a old police car to use. The car has over 150000 miles on it,but it makes a great second vehicle for our department. Older dogs that would struggle to get into our pick-up have no trouble hopping into the back seat of the car. We also assist dog owners who cannot get their pet to the vet because of old age,injury etc. Also,if one vehicle is in for service we still have to respond to calls-therefore the need for a second vehicle.
    If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding Animal control,feel free to call us at 686-3525. We are always here to help!
    Scott Thrun-DCO
    Thank you,

It is about time that somebody explains things. Just posting means you have some stones, wether we agree or not.

see Rez,, people are watching!

Unregistered
    It really surprises me to see who is really reading these threads. Maybe we can accomplish something here.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Hello Everyone!
    Scott Thrun-DCO

Do you charge the owners of the pets for this service?

I'm serious. You guys piss away way way too much money in the name of "look at the services we provide".. If a dog needs a ride to the vet the town shouldn't be there driving the pet to the vet. THat's the owners responsibility.

Thank you for registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    When I see posts like this, I wonder if anyone ever goes through the budget and eliminates costs that are unecessary. Why can't the part-time animal control driver, use their own car. They are not transporting the animal just assisting with putting the large animal in the truck.
    Older dogs that would struggle to get into our pick-up have no trouble hopping into the back seat of the car.
    I wouldn't want an older, incontinent, dog in my car ... just saying
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Do you charge the owners of the pets for this service?

I'm serious. You guys piss away way way too much money in the name of "look at the services we provide".. If a dog needs a ride to the vet the town shouldn't be there driving the pet to the vet. THat's the owners responsibility.

Thank you for registering.
    I think that it probably falls under the same social services that the seniors vans do. They take people shopping, so it wouldn't be a stretch to go to the vet, too. If animal control has it available, it probably makes sense. What would you rather: someone sitting behind a desk waiting for the phone to ring (paying them for nothing) or helping out an elderly or handicapped person? If someone is blind, how are they supposed to take the dog to the vet?

Hello Everyone!
    Scott Thrun-DCO
    Thank you for taking the time to explain. This makes alot more sense.

Hello Everyone!
    Scott Thrun-DCO
    scotty, you do a great job and your crew !!!! someone who really cares about the job they do keep up the good job.

if you ever see me loose don't try to come after me with that pole with the rope because im so fast you would never catch me. if you do catch me i'll bite you in the butt. now im going out to do my job and finish my scoggy Pączki ruffffff.......
    Last edited by cheekman; February 24th, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Animal care

Well,as far as the part time DCO's using their own vehicles-the Town does not allow that. If you worked for UPS,would you deliver packages with your own minivan?
    As far as helping people take their pets to the vet-realize this...most of these dogs are very heavy and most of them have lost mobility in their rear legs.
    This is due to old age or illness. When this happens we try to assist the dog owner in any way possible.In most cases the dog is on the last trip to the vet.
    If it was your dog and you were faced with that reality,would you want your best friend to be as comfortable as possible? Taking care of animals is what we do. By the way,people try to give us money for helping them all the time. we will not take it.You pay taxes for services-with me here you will never have to pay twice.
    Scott

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Well,as far as the part time DCO's using their own vehicles-the Town does not allow that. If you worked for UPS,would you deliver packages with your own minivan?
    As far as helping people take their pets to the vet-realize this...most of these dogs are very heavy and most of them have lost mobility in their rear legs.
    This is due to old age or illness. When this happens we try to assist the dog owner in any way possible.In most cases the dog is on the last trip to the vet.

Which I understand but why would the town provide that service? I am sure there are animal groups that could provide that service for a slight fee to help their cause. I don't see why a town or any town would provide that service. I can understand police, garbage pick up and basic town maintenance stuff but why dog delivery? Dead deer pickup could easily be done threw highway or sanitation.

If it was your dog and you were faced with that reality,would you want your best friend to be as comfortable as possible?

Your stretching it. People love their pets but I'm asking why would a town or any town provide dog delivery service? There's the SPCA and quite a few animal groups along with other family members who can assist with getting theirs to the vet.

Taking care of animals is what we do. By the way,people try to give us money for helping them all the time. we will not take it.You pay taxes for services-with me here you will never have to pay twice.
    Scott

Why don't you volunteer with one of the countless animal groups? The town doesn't not have to offer animal delivery services. I'm not cold or anything. It's just that the town pays the employees rather well and there's no reason to spend money to provide that service.
    So how many calls to deliver pets do you do a week?

So how many dead dear do you pick up a week?

How many actual animal issues does your department have a week?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is your entire department budgeted? People may donate but I would like to knows what is total employee cost including all benefit cost/insurance etc.

How many actual employees are in the department.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information