Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
Here's the update:

The insurance adjuster went out and looked at the car today. They're going to cover it! He said that it definitely looks like Valvoline was negligent in this case. I'm getting a new engine! (Well, rebuilt)
They are also going after Valvoline for the 500.00 deductible! (Provided I can find my receipt)

Unfortunately, it will be two weeks to get it repaired. They're providing a rental car, but--I miss mine! It will be awesome though---the adjuster said Geico will pay for an engine that has a 30 day warranty on it, but he suggested I pay 250.00 and they can put in a rebuilt engine, which will have a 3 year warranty on it. (And 0 miles!)
So basically, I get a new car for 250.00! (and possibly the 500.00 deductible if I can't find my receipt)

I just can't wait to get my baby back...

Get a check from them and find your own repair guy. Insurance companies tend to inflate actual costs of repair and somehow, the reccomended shop will use every penny of that. If you get your own quotes, you may end up with a bunch of excess cash for your troubles.