Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Here's the update:

The insurance adjuster went out and looked at the car today. They're going to cover it! He said that it definitely looks like Valvoline was negligent in this case. I'm getting a new engine! (Well, rebuilt)
    They are also going after Valvoline for the 500.00 deductible! (Provided I can find my receipt)

Unfortunately, it will be two weeks to get it repaired. They're providing a rental car, but--I miss mine! It will be awesome though---the adjuster said Geico will pay for an engine that has a 30 day warranty on it, but he suggested I pay 250.00 and they can put in a rebuilt engine, which will have a 3 year warranty on it. (And 0 miles!)
    So basically, I get a new car for 250.00! (and possibly the 500.00 deductible if I can't find my receipt)

I just can't wait to get my baby back...

Get a check from them and find your own repair guy. Insurance companies tend to inflate actual costs of repair and somehow, the reccomended shop will use every penny of that. If you get your own quotes, you may end up with a bunch of excess cash for your troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    Get a check from them and find your own repair guy. Insurance companies tend to inflate actual costs of repair and somehow, the reccomended shop will use every penny of that. If you get your own quotes, you may end up with a bunch of excess cash for your troubles.
    My company doesnt recommend anybody. I chose where the car was put---I chose a dealer initially because I thought it could be a warranty repair.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

A relief to hear this is working out OK. And a good insurance company to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    A relief to hear this is working out OK. And a good insurance company to boot.
    I've been with Geico for years. They've tried my patience at times with certain things, but they've really come through for me this time. I'm definitely going to stick with them for awhile.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    I've been with Geico for years. They've tried my patience at times with certain things, but they've really come through for me this time. I'm definitely going to stick with them for awhile.
    They're a decent company, until you move.

I had them for several years and every time I received a new bill, the premium went down slightly.

Once I moved, they jacked the premium up to a ridiculous rate. Switched to Alstate and got my premium back down to where it was with GEICO.

GEICO refused to negotiate the price until AFTER I already switched. TOO LATE GEICO!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    They're a decent company, until you move.

I had them for several years and every time I received a new bill, the premium went down slightly.

Once I moved, they jacked the premium up to a ridiculous rate. Switched to Alstate and got my premium back down to where it was with GEICO.

GEICO refused to negotiate the price until AFTER I already switched. TOO LATE GEICO!

Yeah. They did that to me, too. I went with another company for a year or two, and then when I came back to Geico they gave me a much lower rate.
    They seem to always eventually undercut everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Hmm. Maybe this is typical? Nationwide and Amica both did the same thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hmm. Maybe this is typical? Nationwide and Amica both did the same thing to me.
    It really bothered me when I moved to South Buffalo from downtown and they jacked it up. You can't tell me there's a higher risk in South Buffalo, in a residential neighborhood, in a driveway!
    When I lived downtown it was on Elmwood, between Virginia and Allen. I parked on the street. Cars were always being broken into there!
    It didn't make sense at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information