Thread: DTV Trial

Unhappy DTV Trial

I was just wondering if any of you out there got reception during the trial tonight. We bought the box a new TV a new antenna and got no signal during the 2 min trial for this. It looks like no more TV after Feb. 17 for us, as I will not cowtow to the Gov. and subscribe to pay TV. I would like to hear what you have to say to this.

I have cable TV because most of the channels I like are on cable not because "the govt." dictated anything. I already get digital signals via cable on all my TVs, so I'm not worried.

As technology changes, so do the ways we live and work. The automobile replaced the horse and buggy. The touch tone phone replaced the rotary phone. CDs replaced vinyl records. Computers and printers replaced typewriters. DVDs replaced VHS. Digital has replaced analog.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Quote Originally Posted by darlene View Post
    I was just wondering if any of you out there got reception during the trial tonight. We bought the box a new TV a new antenna and got no signal during the 2 min trial for this. It looks like no more TV after Feb. 17 for us, as I will not cowtow to the Gov. and subscribe to pay TV. I would like to hear what you have to say to this.
    Where do you live and what channel were you tuned to?

Get an HD compatible TV and an HD antenna. The HD over air channels come in crystal clear in HD. There aren't too many, but I believe there will be more soon. Over the air is FREE!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Reply to DTV

I live in Gowanda, NY I was trying to watch Ch. 7 tried other channels also and nothing. I just bought a HDTV and a digital antenna {Phillips} I am just upset that an old disabled person has no choices anymore. I worked all of my life to retire like a pauper. Thank you for listening to my rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    I have cable TV because most of the channels I like are on cable not because "the govt." dictated anything. I already get digital signals via cable on all my TVs, so I'm not worried.

As technology changes, so do the ways we live and work. The automobile replaced the horse and buggy. The touch tone phone replaced the rotary phone. CDs replaced vinyl records. Computers and printers replaced typewriters. DVDs replaced VHS. Digital has replaced analog.
    Linda! Good to see you
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

I live in Gowanda, NY I was trying to watch Ch. 7 tried other channels also and nothing. I just bought a HDTV and a digital antenna {Phillips} I am just upset that an old disabled person has no choices anymore. I worked all of my life to retire like a pauper. Thank you for listening to my rant.
    I would call the store you bought the TV and antena from. maybe they hooked it up wrong for you.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Darlene - do you have a DTV Converter Box?

Is the antenna HD? It has to be HD to pick up the HD channels. MCMElectronics.com has one for around $40.00.

Unhappy DTV trial

Hello: Just to answer the questions, I do use a converter box in the bedroom, I also have a digital indoor antenna the new TV is HDTV and is hooked up just fine. It seems like I just won't be able to get any channels after FEb. 17 because we are to far from the stations, approx. 30 miles away with large buildings around us. What bugs me is I can pick up channel 4,7,29,23. in analog just fine. I really don't understand this I thought digital was a stronger signal.

Hello: Just to answer the questions, I do use a converter box in the bedroom, I also have a digital indoor antenna the new TV is HDTV and is hooked up just fine. It seems like I just won't be able to get any channels after FEb. 17 because we are to far from the stations, approx. 30 miles away with large buildings around us. What bugs me is I can pick up channel 4,7,29,23. in analog just fine. I really don't understand this I thought digital was a stronger signal.
    This is a good site to learn all about HD and DTV signals, antennas and such.
    http://www.hdtvinfoport.com/TV-Antenna.html

Try going to this website to find the right antenna for your area. If you don't want to give any other information just put in your zip code and then choose your location on the interactive map. This site lists the channels you should be able to pick up as well as antenna recommendations. Not all antennas are created equal.
    http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

This site will help you choose the antenna you need and even lists pricing and websites that you can buy the particular antenna you need.
    http://tv.about.com/od/accesspries/tp/topHDantenna.htm

This site will tell you all about DTV and what you need to know.
    http://blog.ce.org/index.php/2008/12...he-transition/

Hope this helps. I learned some things too.
    Last edited by mikenold; December 18th, 2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added content

DTV trial

Thank you for the links I will try them out right away.

Thread Information