Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The $131 million Big MAC

The $131 million Big MAC

The athletics budget at UB is hidden like a dirty little secret, but with a little poking around it can be determined that UB has spent between $10 million and $12 million a year since at least 2000 on their Athletics program.

Let's add in at least $23 million for the stadium and assorted improvements (artificial surface - Sportexe Momentum, eight-lane, 400-meter track circles the stadium's infield, s administrative offices and meeting rooms, state-of-the-art training facilities, physical conditioning equipment, two large locker rooms capable of housing 800 athletes, 12 luxury suites and a 45-seat press box) and that adds up to one really expensive hamburger. more ...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why should we care? It's not our tax money is it? All that spending comes from the tuition they collect. Why should someone going to a different university support some other university? It's a business no different than any other "Educational" business and should be viewed no other way.

Unregistered

Donations

Also, lots of donations and fund raising from the PRIVATE UB Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiny View Post
    Also, lots of donations and fund raising from the PRIVATE UB Foundation.

Correct, but every student pays a $100+ per semester fee for this and other athletic stuff (ie. scholorships).

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why should we care? It's not our tax money is it? All that spending comes from the tuition they collect. Why should someone going to a different university support some other university? It's a business no different than any other "Educational" business and should be viewed no other way.
    I believe that UB gets funding from both State and Federal governments and we all know where that money comes from! I do not know what the amount is or if all SUNY colleges get the same. I got this from an article about UB funding. I don't know if it is accurate. It says "UB actually does collect some state money - about 27% of their budget". If accurate, State taxpayers are responsible for some 27% of the funding UB gets, almost 1/3.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I believe that UB gets funding from both State and Federal governments and we all know where that money comes from! I do not know what the amount is or if all SUNY colleges get the same. I got this from an article about UB funding. I don't know if it is accurate. It says "UB actually does collect some state money - about 27% of their budget". If accurate, State taxpayers are responsible for some 27% of the funding UB gets, almost 1/3.
    Why not just raise tuition by 33% to cover their cost?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Why not just raise tuition by 33% to cover their cost?
    Great Idea, now to get UB to go along with that....
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Unregistered

Students

Students are already upset about the rise in tuition for next year. Wow! Big
    issues!!! But we need solutions.....................

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Great Idea, now to get UB to go along with that....

Basicly target the people who are stealing your wealth and giving it to people who you don't even know.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Students are already upset about the rise in tuition for next year. Wow! Big
    issues!!! But we need solutions.....................
    And why do I give two craps if students are upset? I don't even know those people. For the most part they don't give two craps about anyone else anyways. What do you think this is? One love fest and share are wealth?

Unregistered

Education!

EDUCATION is our future. Education can solve most of our problems...........

Don't hesitate, evaluate and educate!

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Why do I give two craps. Before it benefits to me I'll be dead. AS will most of everyone here. You have kids? Worry about them and pay for their education with your money or just don't have kids. Took me 44 years to realize most people do not give two craps about anyone so why bother.

Just like water front development. WE WILL REAP THE REWARDS in 20-30 years. Well I have some news for you... big deal. Give me my money back and let me enjoy it.

Unregistered

Wow!

True, many people could care less about others, but this is the root cause of our species declining. Our communities are declining and this is just the beginning. Nuclear war is inevitable. How scary that no one cares and all everyone only cares about is themselves! Such a pity!

Everyone lives in the now and could care less about their or anyone else's futures. All of our Ancestors fought so hard for us and our future(s), don't we owe it to our kids and their kids and their kids?

Native American and Asian cultures teach this through honor. Where is this honor in our society? We can learn a lot from Asian and Native American Culture(s)!

Your tax dollrs at work

SUNY salaries, including the entire athletic department, base pay $7.5 million, not including health insurance, social security and NYS pension are paid for by the tax payers of NY. That would bring the yearly total closer to $20 million.

http://seethroughny.net/ - SeeThroughNY – giving New Yorkers a clearer view of how their state and local tax dollars are spent.

HAHAHAHA, look what education get's you LAWYERS and look what they've done to this country! They've caused ALL the problems. Nothing personal JO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information