Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: County exec's brother the chef gets post on EC Water auth

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously, are you Clint Eastwood?
    Exactly, if you did you would not be as you are. Clint was loud and clear and spoke well. Of course your kind is throwing a hissy fit.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

No words you say can justify the hypocrisy of Mark Poloncarz exposed above. Even more so, and sadly so, your kind sir are a major part of the problem of WNY. You all ponder to these "evil by design and plan" peoples. Indeed, contributing to the many before you who have been responsible for the demise of a once great society here in WNY. Unable to accept the facts or reason you pander. We cannot afford what you pander too - face it.
    Now then - shall I clarify for you? The above words are pretty plan and simple, do I really need to? No need to think lawyer on them. Remove that kind of mind filter and you may be able to grasp the meaning.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I think it's pretty sad that you refuse to even name the opposing party. Without a second party society would be a dictatorship. To imply they are evil in all ways just goes to further reinforce the idea that compromise is not in your vocabulary. I am neither Dem or Repub (I am unaffiliated since I registered at 18), but I find ideas from both parties that I agree with. If you like dictatorships, I recommend Cuba this time of year. Your man crush Bauerle seems to favor opening ties with them again.

In reference to this situation, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Poloncarcz would subject himself to the criticism of patronage. He should have told his brother flat out that he should not apply in the first place. There is no way his brother working for the local government in any capacity is an asset to the taxpayers, he should have known this would become an albatross in this political climate. As much as I tend to agree with Alan on things, this is just one I cannot justify defending.

No words you say can justify the hypocrisy of Mark Poloncarz exposed above.
    The position that his brother is filling is not a new position, or one that the legislature had abolished. Apples and oranges.

Even more so, and sadly so, your kind sir are a major part of the problem of WNY.
    OK:

1. Who is "my kind"?
    2. In what way are "my kind" a major part of the problem?

You all ponder to these "evil by design and plan" peoples.
    Which peoples are "evil by design and plan"? What is evil? What design and plan are evil?

Indeed, contributing to the many before you who have been responsible for the demise of a once great society here in WNY.
    Syntax error here? I don't know what you're trying to convey. I'm to blame for people who came before me? That someone killed a "once great society" and that I'm to blame?

Unable to accept the facts or reason you pander. We cannot afford what you pander too - face it.
    Well, "too" means "also". To whom do I pander? What is the subject matter about which I am pandering? Do you know what pander means? I certainly don't have any need or desire to "pander" in any way to this site's collection of tea partyists and WBEN callers.

So, I'll repeat - what are you talking about?
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    You gotta be joking. Your defending mark but if it was chris's brother you'd be all over it.
    No, I wouldn't. And I prove it here.

I probably should just regress to post 31.

The yielding to or giving satisfaction to is not in reference to this site's tea partyists (sic) and WBEN callers, neither of which I am BTW. I am referring to your Democratic pals, the ones who by design and plan via their stated platform are the ones I and any decent moral person would call evil.

Those be the ones responsible for the mess we have in WNY. Those be the ones you facilitate, thus contributing to the mess.

(BTW - using typos as tools - yuk yuk yuk, TOO funny.)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No, I wouldn't. And I prove it here.

If it was Chris you would make it about Chris and Patronage. Your blog post is blaming the way the ECWA operates.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I understood this appointment is on a provisional basis pending the Civil Service test results. If that is the case, then this criticism is premature. The wait and see of the results of the Civil Service test and who scores the highest still remains. Being familiar with this process, a procedural protocol will follow involving qualifications plus test score and interviewing. For most parts, I've seen that the test scores outdo qualifications. That's how the Civil Service protocol on hiring competitive positions work. Now, if Mr. Poloncarz scores higher than other candidates, that along with his qualifications, academically and prior performance experience, then he deserves the position. Keeping in mind that this "provisional" appointment will give experience to Mr. Poloncarz and if he scores higher than other candidates then, he will have the edge,along with his academic achievement, a minimun of a Bachelors degree.

JOSE FIGUEROA, BUFFALO, NY on Fri Aug 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    Is he actually on payroll yet?

The correct way in my opinion is you hire after the proper procedures are taken. Let people who want to take the test for the position take it and compare resumes. I would also see if any pre-existing loyal employees already at the ECWA are interested in the position who may already have more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    I probably should just regress to post 31.

The yielding to or giving satisfaction to is not in reference to this site's tea partyists (sic) and WBEN callers, neither of which I am BTW. I am referring to your Democratic pals, the ones who by design and plan via their stated platform are the ones I and any decent moral person would call evil.

Those be the ones responsible for the mess we have in WNY. Those be the ones you facilitate, thus contributing to the mess.

(BTW - using typos as tools - yuk yuk yuk, TOO funny.)
    Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you had facts to back up your clumsy assertions.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you had facts to back up your clumsy assertions.
    Clumsy indeed, I'll give ya that - true nonetheless.

I will agree that the optics on this are horrible, and patronage like this is something we should get rid of, but let me ask you this:

If you were in a position to give your sibling a job, wouldn't you?

Of course you would, and probably 99% of people got their current jobs (assuming they're employees) because they knew someone there, or someone recommended them.

As for "voter fraud" and "stealing signs", that's not the reason why Collins lost. FWIW.
    If I were a private sector employer, sure, there
    are family businesses everywhere you look, but, an elected official cannot treat tax-funded government jobs like his own sole proprietorship.

As for the reason Chris Collins "lost"...Let me remind you that Chris Collins only had 12,000 less votes than MP, most of those came from the City of Buffalo, and yes, there was a perception that CC's cuts were hurting the City...seems pretty short sighted and petty now, given our fiscal situation. Maybe he was onto something. It is my opinion that voter fraud, lies, and an unfair media bias gave us your friend, Mark, as our leader. thanks , you worked hard for this - hope you are happy.
    Last edited by buffy; August 31st, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    No words you say can justify the hypocrisy of Mark Poloncarz exposed above. Even more so, and sadly so, your kind sir are a major part of the problem of WNY. You all ponder to these "evil by design and plan" peoples. Indeed, contributing to the many before you who have been responsible for the demise of a once great society here in WNY. Unable to accept the facts or reason you pander. We cannot afford what you pander too - face it.
    ANOTHER POSTER...TRUST YOUR LOCAL POLITICIAN...Grisanti screwed those who supportd him on gay marriage platform....and now Polancarz..on friends and family policies....so when did society start trusting political candidates??....just another page in the political book of deception...and voters got stung again. People are gullible and have short memories....thus same candidates keep getting elected...and screw us....look at Albany...Sheldon Silver....another joke...ON US!!

you got that right Joe!

I will agree that the optics on this are horrible, and patronage like this is something we should get rid of, but let me ask you this:

If you were in a position to give your sibling a job, wouldn't you?

Of course you would, and probably 99% of people got their current jobs (assuming they're employees) because they knew someone there, or someone recommended them.

As for "voter fraud" and "stealing signs", that's not the reason why Collins lost. FWIW.
    OMG> I'm glad at least that you think patronage is wrong. The CE's only responsibility is to us, the taxpayers. The job his brother was given has been un filled for some time. That means we don't need it. Here's the simple problem with patronage and neoptism; if Rpbb poloncarz is a screw up, who fires him? Are you brave enough to answer that simple wuestion?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    OMG> I'm glad at least that you think patronage is wrong. The CE's only responsibility is to us, the taxpayers. The job his brother was given has been un filled for some time. That means we don't need it. Here's the simple problem with patronage and neoptism; if Rpbb poloncarz is a screw up, who fires him? Are you brave enough to answer that simple wuestion?
    NO one should be hired until all civil servant tests are reviews and the best is hired. And it is far more than just 50k. There will be what we pay towards pension and what ever health care package he is given...

Once again? what are the job duties...I don't know what the job description is. County Chef?

The News has previously reported that Robb Poloncarz worked as a chef at Wegmans Food Markets, and he has

listed that occupation on the social networking website LinkedIn.
    Did he go to Chef school with a degree?

http://www.linkedin.com/title/chef/a...s-food-markets

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information