Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: County exec's brother the chef gets post on EC Water auth

This is un ethical on so many levels. Nepotism should not be permitted. The only reason this man got this job is because he is the county executive's brother. Maybe this man can't find a decent job here, like many people. He should do what other people have been forced to do. Move to a better state like Florida, North Carolina or Georgia. Let their family get torn apart like so many other families because of the political mis management in this state. The CE should be working to make things better for ALL families, not just his family.
    Here's a prediction: the brother will do great on the civil service test. They are going to give him the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Gorja, they have ways of "reaching" him if he does not score within the top three positions. They also have study guides that can be made available to their guy. the game is fixed.
    Sounds to me more like the game is broken.......and needs to be fixed.......Poloncarz reminds me of the Regases when they were using Adelphia as their personal piggy bank......
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

It is my opinion that Mark Poloncarz does not care how this looks, although he may spin this just as he spun giving back the $25,000 law firm donation because he didn't want "even a hint of impropriety" (people have speculated that the money will be given back to him via cash or a pass through like a PAC). i don't think he cares because he saw how he was able to beat Chris Collins. if you remember, there were stories published in the Buffal News reporting deeds done by democrates that hinted at voter fraud even before The bus loads of dirty dems from downstate rolled into our county to "assist" with the Poloncarz campaign, some dirty deeds they were caught doing, like stealing Chris Collins' signs, others were not detected. it is my opinion, and I don't think I am going out on a limb here, but I suspect voter fraud, or, as the Buffalo News likeS to say- shenanigans. Mark Poloncarz doesn't care how it looks- he just doesn't want to get caught. makes it a little harder to get reelected- not impossible, just a little harder.

This is why so many of us here detested the day Poloncarz was elected. Geepers, why is anyone surprised? The man proudly ran on the party line that by design and plan is evil.

No decent God fearing WNYer, in his right mind, or at least with a thimble cup full of common sense would belong to or vote for ANYONE who remains in that very evil (by design and plan) political party. The democratic party of today is not the party of your grandparents - wake up. Just look at the trash they will bring out at their convention next week. A who's who of political and social malcontents.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This takes the cake...

You gotta go read Alan Bedenko's twist on this. He's basically defending it.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/20...and-patronage/

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    It is my opinion that Mark Poloncarz does not care how this looks, although he may spin this just as he spun giving back the $25,000 law firm donation because he didn't want "even a hint of impropriety" (people have speculated that the money will be given back to him via cash or a pass through like a PAC). i don't think he cares because he saw how he was able to beat Chris Collins. if you remember, there were stories published in the Buffal News reporting deeds done by democrates that hinted at voter fraud even before The bus loads of dirty dems from downstate rolled into our county to "assist" with the Poloncarz campaign, some dirty deeds they were caught doing, like stealing Chris Collins' signs, others were not detected. it is my opinion, and I don't think I am going out on a limb here, but I suspect voter fraud, or, as the Buffalo News likeS to say- shenanigans. Mark Poloncarz doesn't care how it looks- he just doesn't want to get caught. makes it a little harder to get reelected- not impossible, just a little harder.
    I will agree that the optics on this are horrible, and patronage like this is something we should get rid of, but let me ask you this:

If you were in a position to give your sibling a job, wouldn't you?

Of course you would, and probably 99% of people got their current jobs (assuming they're employees) because they knew someone there, or someone recommended them.

As for "voter fraud" and "stealing signs", that's not the reason why Collins lost. FWIW.
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

My stomach does not allow viewing of that site Res.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    http://www2.erie.gov/comptroller/ind...-patronage-job

3/24/11: Poloncarz Blasts Approval of $130,000 Patronage Job

Legislature Approves Collins-Created Director of Real Estate Position That Control Board Refuses to Fund, Was Deleted by Legislature Last Year

Amounts to a $50,000 Raise for Current Collins Appointee Michelle Mazzone

BUFFALO, NY—Today, Erie County Comptroller Mark Poloncarz blasted the Erie County Legislature’s vote to create a new Director of Real Estate and Asset Management (“REAM”) position in the County’s operating budget with an annual salary of $129,453 calling it patronage in its purest form, all at the taxpayer’s expense.

This approval amounts to a nearly $50,000 raise for Erie County Executive Chris Collins’ appointee, Michelle A. Mazzone, from her current salary of $76,964 as senior executive assistant to the county executive. Mazzone previously held a similar position funded by an Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority (“ECFSA”) efficiency grant prior to the grant expiring and not being renewed by the ECFSA.

“At a time when budgets are being slashed, employees are being laid-off and, generally, everyone in County government is being asked to do more with less, approving this new job, which amounts to a $50,000 pay raise for Mazzone, is patronage in its purest form,” blasted Poloncarz. “The ECFSA doesn’t believe this position is necessary, that’s why they would not continue to fund it through an efficiency grant. The Legislature didn’t believe it was necessary, that’s why they cut it out of the budget during their deliberations late last year.”

The REAM position is located within the Department of Public Works, Division of Building and Grounds and was previously funded by an efficiency grant from ECFSA that expired at the end of 2010. In 2009, the administration originally sought a $320,000 efficiency grant to fund the position through 2011 but was rejected by ECFSA and, instead, was approved for a $160,000 grant to fund the position through 2010.

After ECFSA did not extend the efficiency grant for 2011, the county executive attempted to create the job in his 2011 budget proposal, but that job was deleted by the Legislature during its budget hearings at the end of 2010. The job did not exist in any form, either in the operating budget or through a grant, prior to Collins being sworn in as county executive.

Poloncarz continued, “In creating this new position in the County’s operating budget, the Collins administration is forcing County taxpayers to pay the tab for a job the ECFSA doesn’t believe is necessary. This reminds me of the previous administration’s ‘friends and family plan.’ When you’re a friend of the county executive’s you get new jobs created for you or a hefty pay raise; when you’re not, expect your budget to be slashed or possibly get laid-off.”

This measure passed the Legislature by a vote of nine to six, with Legislators Bove, Whalen, Miller-Williams, Hardwick, Walter, Dixon, Fudoli, Mills, and Rath voting in favor and Kozub, Marinelli, Whyte, Loughran, Grant and Mazur voting in opposition.

Yet his brother is hired even before what ever test are required for the position.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Patronage games continue at Water Authority

Updated: August 31, 2012, 7:47 AM

Advertisement

I don't have to make the argument to dissolve the Erie County Water Authority. Politicians keep doing it for me.

The county executive is the latest to lighten my columnist load. Mark Poloncarz continued the long, inglorious political tradition of using the Water Authority as a job-placement service. He just filled a long-vacant $55,132 contract-monitoring slot with his brother, a chef.

I have no insight into Robb Poloncarz's culinary talents. But he presumably knows how to boil water. Which makes him good enough for the Water Authority.

Read the rest of the article in the Buffalo News

Res, this is nothing new. You can expose it all you want, the issue is what can we do to stop it? I have posted the answer all over SU, but you look at it as extreme, ridiculous - YET IT IS the solution. Everything will continue SOP 'till the day some people around here get some grit and stop voting anyone associated with the Democratic Party - a party BY DESIGN & PLAN is evil. Yes, I know the other party's current players "play games" too. But at least the party platform is good - those who do not follow the platform need to be outed. We need people to rise up and get some Carl Paladino style grit, 'till then we will continue seeing the garbage you expose - they do not care if you or anyone else points it out, they KNOW they will still get the votes of the blind peoples of WNY & NY.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    http://www2.erie.gov/comptroller/ind...-patronage-job

Yet his brother is hired even before what ever test are required for the position.
    The difference is that Mazzone's position had been eliminated. Was Robb Poloncarz hired for a position that had been eliminated?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    The difference is that Mazzone's position had been eliminated. Was Robb Poloncarz hired for a position that had been eliminated?
    You gotta be joking. Your defending mark but if it was chris's brother you'd be all over it.

No words you say can justify the hypocrisy of Mark Poloncarz exposed above. Even more so, and sadly so, your kind sir are a major part of the problem of WNY. You all ponder to these "evil by design and plan" peoples. Indeed, contributing to the many before you who have been responsible for the demise of a once great society here in WNY. Unable to accept the facts or reason you pander. We cannot afford what you pander too - face it.

... and not only pander to but more so, facilitate - providing a forum for their ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    No words you say can justify the hypocrisy of Mark Poloncarz exposed above. Even more so, and sadly so, your kind sir are a major part of the problem of WNY. You all ponder to these "evil by design and plan" peoples. Indeed, contributing to the many before you who have been responsible for the demise of a once great society here in WNY. Unable to accept the facts or reason you pander. We cannot afford what you pander too - face it.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Seriously, are you Clint Eastwood?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information