Thread: West Seneca board meeting on August 27, 2012 at 7pm

West Seneca board meeting on August 27, 2012 at 7pm

Upcoming Town of West Seneca board meeting on August 27, 2012 at 7pm
    What's funny is there will be more people at this meeting supporting Josefiak than questioning the Towns ethics. They will say she is overworked and under paid just like previous meetings. They will be the same faces you see saying the same things. I will again probably be the only one speaking out. Its good to speak out about anything you don't like and try to keep people on there toes. Its bad when Western NY sees what is going on in West Seneca and its residents do little to change things.

I totally agree with you buffguy. The residents of the town don't care what happens as long as it doesn't effect them. Mary is so under-qualified for her position. Most employees only get one chance to take a civil service test and if they don't pass it, they don't get hired. As simple as that! BUT when its the supervisors best friend, then you make as many exceptions as are needed to get her in the job. This happens all the time, but if you are not familiar with the process, then you don't know what is going on. Another item that I am having trouble with, is the appointment of Jolynn Keane to a part time job and paying her $24,000. Whoever heard of someone getting that kind of money and working part time. Not only that, but she was a pet of Mark Lazzara and doesn't deserve the position. When she was offers the job, she refused because of the way the town treated her. But now, all of a sudden. she wants to work for the town, even though at the time she was only getting $10,000 to run the yes program. I guess if you throw enough money at someone they are willing to do anything to get it!

You got it right truth seeker. The Callahan, Meegan, Walsh, and Pigeon connection is so well known for their antics in West Seneca among WNY politicians but yet very few know that Meegan is Walsh's daughter and her best friend is Josefiak. I heard a few months ago their would be a investigation on the corruption going on. Meegan also thinks she is much bigger than she is. rather than back down and just admit when they are just wrong they want to fight you. They are not nice people but yet the towns people knows nothing about anything. They know how to keep a tight lid on everything.

Interesting past articles in WNY papers. I hope West Seneca can find out whats goin on.

http://artvoice.com/issues/v9n2/i_was_right

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/poli...icle293774.ece

"In exchange for new Legislator Christina Bove’s vote for Barbara Miller-Williams as chair of the legislature, Sandra Rosenswie got a job on the county legislature for $39,000. Rosenswie is the chairwoman of the Erie County Independence Party, once again proving that the Independence Party is neither independent nor a party. Another new face on staff is Sheila Meegan, daughter of Steve Pigeon’s mentor, Chris Walsh. Sheila Meegan’s campaign for town board member in West Seneca was marked by all of the same questionable fundraising activities that attach to all of Pigeon’s candidates. "

By Jeremy Toth 1/12/2010
    Artvoice

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article19434.
    Before I go to bed. I'm getting old so please forgive me for not adding this in before. Here is a link showing people the link between Callahan, Meegan, Pirowski the Pigman etc. The last election winner didn't matter to the people at top because they were still steering the ship. The voters had no clue

Buffguy123, you are completely correct, however, you need to remember that besides Sheila being raised by one of the shadiest politicians, she is now best friends with Lazzara, Rosenswie,Bove, Warren, Josefiak and her daughter, Pigeon, Martin, English and of course all the friends and family members she has hired since her political position began 5 years ago. (In addition, she is somehow related or friends with the people who write for the West Seneca Bee) How else do you think she won her election….promises to hockey families, friends, family and taxpayers …some kept, others not.

When 80% of the taxpayers can’t find the time to get out, educate themselves on the issues and don’t vote….they deserve what they got…..politics as usual. Unfortunately, no one will ever find out the truth because she eliminated or moved the people who weren’t working with her idea of spending. You don’t seriously think there will be an investigation that is honest and on board do you? If there is one I’m sure Sheila will sue someone if she doesn’t like the results….just like the downsizing, Houghton College and others that (I believe) she had input in but won’t admit it…all for her benefit and at a cost to the taxpayer. She is not creative in her thinking, problem solving and every answer is to spend more money, hire more people.

My suggestion to West Seneca residents…..run, don’t walk to the nearest town border before your taxes got up the maximum amount every year she is in office…..she has to pay for her friends, family, cell phone, car, new office and stick it to the taxpayer.

(All of the above is only in my opinion)

I am so disappointed in Sheila. I thought she was going to be different. But I guess once a politician always a politician. She is a liar and tells you what you want to hear, but then goes behind your back and does what she wants to do. Her comments before getting elected are totally different then what she is saying now. If I've said it once, I must have said it a thousand times. The friends and family program is alive and well and prospering in West Seneca. After failing a civil service test twice, I can't believe that Mary Josefiak goes around town with that entitlement chip on her shoulder. I would be embarrassed to take that kind of money from the taxpayers of the town knowing that I was unqualified for the job!

You're right jj1980, leave town NOW. When you see your next tax bill, the fire companies in town will be busy with people having heart attacks! Be prepared for an increase in your taxes and watch out when the sewer project gets under way and everyone is going to be charged $300 extra to pay for the new sewer lines. This is only the beginning. If Sheila doesn't stop spending money, no one will be able to stay and live in WS.

Hey John thanks for letting me know the last link isnt working. Try This
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article19434.ece
    The article is titled Records link Pigeon to 2007 campaigns in West Seneca By Robert J. McCarthy and Michael Beebe It shows how money was given to both Meegan and Pitrowski and one can see who controls this Team.

I can't believe that the town board re-hired Jolynn Keane for the Yes program! She is a disgruntled employee who has worked for the town for over 20 years and has never had a new or original idea in all her years of employment. I have attended many peer counseling banquest and everyone was the same. Never anything new or different. she did the least amount of work that she had to and was never supervised by either the town or the school district. As far as the Yes program went, her biggest contribution was face painting!!!!!! And to pay her $24,000 for a part time job is crazy. Who do you know that gets paid that kind of money for a part time job? I'm sure Mark Lazzara is like the cat who swallowed the canary now that his pet employee is back on the payroll. No wonder the Town of West Seneca never moves forward. They keep recycling old employees and never get new ideas or people who are excited to be working and put in extra effort when they are hired. Well, you're not going to get that with Jolynn. She didn't put any extra effort into her job for the last 20 years, so why should she start now!

I have some great Neighbors.
    I was talking over the situation with a few neighbors in West Seneca about the Towns problems.
    Two of them attend the Senior Center. What they can't understand is why its such a big deal to run the Senior program. The people mentioned were professional all there lives and well educated. They told me its a great group and they cause no problems. Theirs plenty of helpers and everything is simple and not complex. The one Senior mentioned she used to attend other Senior Centers and two she knows basically
    were run by a part time educated senior making $12 a hour and the programing was better than West Seneca's. She still attends West Seneca's because now that she is older it is more convenient. They just can't understand why its made out to be so difficult. One said the Mayor Byron Brown makes $103k and runs a whole City and gets no overtime.

Please notice the following in the West Seneca Town Board Proceedings Reorganization Meeting on Jan 4 2012 that next to Mary Josefiaks Salary it is blank

http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/585

24. Moved by ______________, seconded by ___________, that the following Officials and Employees not represented by the Collective Bargaining Agent recognized by the Town of West Seneca are hereby appointed to the following positions with salaries effective 1/1/2012:
    Edward Gehen, Jr. Chief of Police $121,368
    Daniel Denz Assistant Chief of Police $106,357
    Mary Josefiak Director of Recreation, Youth and
    Senior Services $
    ____________ Code Enforcement Officer $78,350
    Donna Lepore Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403
    Donna Lepore Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.
    Jolynn Keane Coordinator of Peer Counseling $33,403.
    Jolynn Keane Youth Counselor (Y.E.S.) $10,000.

Thread Information