Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What shall I do with This !!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry What shall I do with This !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Giza why don't you come over and get your shoes muddy,

My natural spring has sprung again. Tell me again everything you have done for me and my tax money. Maybe I should get my Dynamite gathered.... This has been going on for 2 weeks now either mud and water or ice. The horses are getting cabin fever and tired of mud up to there knees and I'm tired of walking through it.

Came home last night to over a foot of water behind the house running across my driveway. The little lag in the back is running like a stream.

Got to go now have to teach horses to back stroke and clean my muddy shoes

2a.JPG

2b.JPG

2c.JPG

2d.JPG

What do you expect Mr. Giza to do for you? Shouldn't you have known that your land was over a natural spring when you purchased it?

Thumbs up

Are you in the flood zone?

I was being sarcastic, No natural spring here

That was sarcastic I have no natural spring here it caused by continuios runoff from areas around here Ive lived here for 43 years. Never like this before and it keeps getting worse. I'm located in a floodzone now because the town moved the creek that is now located 30 feet from my house....They are going to build behind me Windsor Ridge South and raise the elevation 2 feet

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    What do you expect Mr. Giza to do for you? Shouldn't you have known that your land was over a natural spring when you purchased it?
    Hate to say this but why would someone build a home right there. I feel for you but you did pop your house there. YOU or no one else ever saw water there before? ever?

OR was it always bone dry, you put your house up, a developer built something and diverted water into your property?

These issues started after they started building

This house was one of maybe 20 on the road. I beleive it was built in 50's never had issues like this the more they build and reroute water the more problems we have...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands View Post
    This house was one of maybe 20 on the road. I beleive it was built in 50's never had issues like this the more they build and reroute water the more problems we have...
    OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH... I was confused. I thought this was the case of the newer home built near a drainage ditch that people were commenting on before. Yes I would have an issue with the developers who rerouted the water along with the people who voted/planned for the development.

SUE all of them, specially the elected officials personally.

I'm surprized NYS hasn't had a class action lawsuit against our elected officials for driving us into debt. It's deserved. Complete disreguard for the communities in NYS getting stuck with the bills while making sure they have their "paychecks" covered no matter how bad of a job they do.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH... I was confused. I thought this was the case of the newer home built near a drainage ditch that people were commenting on before. Yes I would have an issue with the developers who rerouted the water along with the people who voted/planned for the development.

SUE all of them, specially the elected officials personally.

I'm surprized NYS hasn't had a class action lawsuit against our elected officials for driving us into debt. It's deserved. Complete disreguard for the communities in NYS getting stuck with the bills while making sure they have their "paychecks" covered no matter how bad of a job they do.
    You should ask JO if we can do this! I'd happily put some funds and time into it!

My backyard looks like a swamp today as well. Who should I call?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post

And for how many years has it looked like a swamp? When you purchased your home did you asked the previous home owner about swampy conditions?

We did when we purchased our home. I asked 4 or 5 neighbors about water drainage and how their basements were. You don't go buying a home half butt.

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    As usual, sarcastic and uncaring and taking the side of the town with the familiar and trite "you should have known better."

Put a picture up of your "swampland." Lets see how it compares to Lancaster Wetlands property? All of our backyards have some flooding under the current snow and rain conditions, but we are not experiencing what this individual is.

And, the town and developers are responsible for the flooding and drainage problems occurring in this neighbor because of the rerouting of Slate Bottom Creek and the unrealistic promise by neighboring subdivision developers that they were going to install catch ponds and drainage pipes that was going to eliminate the new subdivision flooding and drainage issues and that of property owners who built thier homes 50 years ago.

Talk to the homeowners in Windsor Ridge and see how many months of the year their properties are dry?

The wetland delineations that have been done in this area through the years have been bogus - under both Democratic and Republican controlled boards.

Because the creek was rerouted 30 years by another administration, Giza has told homeowners on Brunck Road bitching about the town caused flooding and drainage issues that's it's not his fault and that the town would dredge the creek, period.

The creek is only part of the problem. Water is being pushed towards Lancaster Wetlands property from neighboring developments who raised the level of land during construction. How do developers in Lancaster get building permits when they violate grading requirements.

And to add injury to insult the regulatory agencies keep a blind eye to all that's going on, in fact, using an old drawing that showed the creek in its original path when making determinations.

Real cool guys, pissing on a 50 year resident and favoring a town board that has the primary ability to demand environmental compliance but takes the position that if the developers can smooze the regulatory agencies into granting permits with their BS hydrology studies, then its good enough for the town.

Lightbulb just remember only 2-5% water

The wetland delineations that have been done in this area through the years have been bogus - under both Democratic and Republican controlled boards.

Pudge just remember theres only 2-5% water on this property behind me........... if there's only 2-5 percent water where the hell is it all coming from !!!!! Talk about bogus reports. How many people on the planning board new they were full of it and laughed when they stated 2 to 5% water.

Nothing got done and nothing changed always small to moderate impacts on the community and the environment. Does anyone ever vote no for anything without changing there mind ?

I think if you have attempted all normal routes to getting this situation secolved, then you should seek legal counsel. Sueing the town, and the developers over this issue may actually get something done. When the ceo of a large construction firm is personally served with paperwork, that makes a HUGE statement.

Not only that, but you say you have never had this issue before. If that is the case, then this problem is going to cause your prpoerties value to plummet which could have serious implications if you want to get a mortgage or line of credit.

At my house, we have always had a somewhat swampy backyard in the spring. Then they decided to build a small office building behind us with a parking lot. Luckily, my father had the hingsight to say 'your putting in a retaining pond or im going to sue you'

LOL not quite the exact words, but they put in a little pond and our drainage problem is over.

In your situation however is a bit different, if sorrounding devolopments are raising their properties, and then digging their pond, the water is going to go where its deeper. Your house. You need to get serious with the town, possibly the state. Hire a lawyer, sue them for whatever you can, and make sure you tack on your legal fees to the suit. You dont want money, you want this fixed. Cause in all honesty, what horse wants to go swimming in January?

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    I think if you have attempted all normal routes to getting this situation secolved, then you should seek legal counsel. Sueing the town, and the developers over this issue may actually get something done. When the ceo of a large construction firm is personally served with paperwork, that makes a HUGE statement.

Not only that, but you say you have never had this issue before. If that is the case, then this problem is going to cause your prpoerties value to plummet which could have serious implications if you want to get a mortgage or line of credit.

At my house, we have always had a somewhat swampy backyard in the spring. Then they decided to build a small office building behind us with a parking lot. Luckily, my father had the hingsight to say 'your putting in a retaining pond or im going to sue you'

LOL not quite the exact words, but they put in a little pond and our drainage problem is over.

In your situation however is a bit different, if sorrounding devolopments are raising their properties, and then digging their pond, the water is going to go where its deeper. Your house. You need to get serious with the town, possibly the state. Hire a lawyer, sue them for whatever you can, and make sure you tack on your legal fees to the suit. You dont want money, you want this fixed. Cause in all honesty, what horse wants to go swimming in January?
    As someone who has supported Lancaster Wetlands (LW) in her bid to get relief, let me give you some information:

LW has consulted an attorney. Despite the fact that the town rerouted the south branch of Slate Bottom Creek, straightened it out and ran it 339 feet along side her property causing LW to have flooding and drainage issues from a creek that was not dredged for 30 years and causing LW to get flood insurance, the town did dredge the creek and has taken the position “what good boys are we as our board did not cause this problem.”

LW’s flooding and drainage issues not deal with the water being pushed from development to the north (Bowen Square) and the southwest (Windsor Ridge).

The entire Windsor Ridge and new Windsor Ridge South site should have had but one wetland delineation but the project developers segmented the process and a bogus delineation was performed. Eventually Windsor Ridge homeowners whose backyards sat in wetlands and others petitioned the DEC for relief. Another delineation was called for and the developer chastised and forced to provide mitigation.

Well guess what, stormwater ponds were constructed in the Windsor Ridge and Bowen Square subdivisions but water is still coming LW’s way. Because the developers built the surrounding land up, BS neighbors of the new subdivisions that water will not be shed on their land because of the ponds. The town and all the regulatory agencies shake their heads and say, “look at the hydrology reports, they know what their talking about.”

LW has provided the DEC, ACOE, EPA, Town, Attorney General’s office drawings and information that show the map of the creek they are using is an old one which shows the creek running at a 45 degree angle, that their hydrology report was suspect and that there is a floodway behind her property (on the Windsor Ridge South property). Despite looking at the all the flooding pictures provided by LW and the structural damage to her basement, permits were issued by the regulatory agencies and the Town takes the “ if it’s okay with them, it’s okay with us” position.

Municipalities and regulatory agencies don’t often loose court cases – especially in local courts. LW doesn’t have deep pockets. Unfortunately, in today’s world there aren’t too many rich godfathers around with morals.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Municipalities and regulatory agencies don’t often loose court cases – especially in local courts. LW doesn’t have deep pockets. Unfortunately, in today’s world there aren’t too many rich godfathers around with morals.
    This would be an excellent example to support and nail a town boards/developers. I say it in plural because this crap does not just happen in Lancaster.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information