Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo News streaming Lancaster Town Board meeting

Buffalo News streaming Lancaster Town Board meeting

Does anyone know why the Buffalo News intends to live stream tomorrow's Lancaster Town Board meeting - as reported in today's Buffalo News?

Looking at the town board agenda and pre-file resolutions there doesn't appear to be any hot topics.

The Buffalo News has never taken such step before - at least for Lancaster.

Why now and what's up? Anyone hear anything?

Live stream or live blog?

They have been live blogging most board meetings in WS and Cheektowaga, not quite tha same as a live stream

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Does anyone know why the Buffalo News intends to live stream tomorrow's Lancaster Town Board meeting - as reported in today's Buffalo News?

Looking at the town board agenda and pre-file resolutions there doesn't appear to be any hot topics.

The Buffalo News has never taken such step before - at least for Lancaster.

Why now and what's up? Anyone hear anything?
    I haven't heard anything but something big is up. I wonder if Steve Watson knows something.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yokes View Post
    Live stream or live blog?

They have been live blogging most board meetings in WS and Cheektowaga, not quite tha same as a live stream
    Thank you, I was not aware of that. What purpose it serves in having a live blog when some people who would be interested in the blog are going to be at the town board meeting. The timing just doesn't seem right.

Mr. Watson, if you are reading this, is there a focal point and/or reason for the blog - especially on a Monday evening at 8 pm when a town board meeting is is session?

Also, I hear that the union is organizing a protest at the Lancaster Town Board meeting Monday night - it is on their web site. Do you know the reason for the protest? Is this the reason for the blog and will it be open for comments long after the town board meeting takes place?

In today's world where 27 major American cities are contemplating filing for bankruptcy because of public sector legacy costs, it will be interesting to hear what their complaints concern.
    Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; August 20th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

they said they were going to live feed the story about the lady with the barking dogs who got sentenced to one day jail and released when she showed upto serve her town. she got more complaints about her dogs was that in your town
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In today's world where 27 major American cities are contemplating filing for bankruptcy because of public sector legacy costs, it will be interesting to hear what their complaints concern.

Once again go look at seethroughny.org

Page through pensions.

200k+ pensions...

pages and pages of 100k + pensions...

Cuomo has to grow a set of balls and put his foot down.

Angry Town Employees/Sons of Patronage are coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do some people get so concerned about knowing the Bufnews is coming to Lancaster Town Hall.

Rumors start flying - is the News reporting on a lead or just cruising the political scene?

Is there some pointed questions they feel readers/bloggers want to know more about.

Are they really coming to talk about a "lady and her barkin dog" - or could it be they want to blog about our "Dog and Pony Show"

Maybe they happened to hear some rumbles about our Towns Employees not being happy or are our Town Unionized employees actually coming to thank our new Supervisor for all he's doing for taxpayers - after all - they to are tax payers and home owners - aren't they?

Are employees coming to support our Supervisors efforts to sell the Colecraft building, his efforts to control spending, maybe they too are upset over past Party Influenced job interference.

Maybe they too are fed up with the "Sons of Patronage" controlling their Town?

Why do we assume they will come to ask for more money - more tax funded benefits - maybe they too will join in the effort to control tax dollar spending and end IDA give aways that actually increase their taxes as well as ours!

Why do some think the news is waiting for them to call our Supervisor anti union/anti veteran?

Or maybe its all just talk - either way - If I was the Supervisor I'd wear a helmet and maybe a vest. But I guarantee the other Board Members will be all grins and giggles.

Lets just hope for the best - lets see what unfolds - besides why would anyone "tip" the media or why would the Bufnews show up believing they may get the scoop on a juicy story - even if its staged for them???

Now, If you said "Puke Moretti" was coming - then we'd have to get out the hangin rope.
    Last edited by 4248; August 20th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Also, I hear that the union is organizing a protest at the Lancaster Town Board meeting Monday night - it is on their web site. Do you know the reason for the protest? Is this the reason for the blog and will it be open for comments long after the town board meeting takes place?
    Do you think the union is protesting Fudoli's comment referring to government employees as being the non-producing part of society?

Georgia L Schlager

Thank you, I was not aware of that. What purpose it serves in having a live blog when some people who would be interested in the blog are going to be at the town board meeting. The timing just doesn't seem right.

Mr. Watson, if you are reading this, is there a focal point and/or reason for the blog - especially on a Monday evening at 8 pm when a town board meeting is is session?

NOt everyone interested will be there. Someone's always got to work/watch kids/etc.

I think you are all reading way too much into this they have been doing this for a while since the technology became available

i plan to attend the meeting tonight...
    perhaps the unions are using this as a "bargining tool" (hahahahaha)
    oh perhaps the negotiations aren't going well...

With all the "drama" going on I heard they, the news, is looking for new help with the living section of the news.... what better place to look...? hahahaha
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Do you think the union is protesting Fudoli's comment referring to government employees as being the non-producing part of society?
    Only the democratic party can say that it is not... hard to deny truth; but when you are evil by design and plan, why not try at least?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    they said they were going to live feed the story about the lady with the barking dogs who got sentenced to one day jail and released when she showed upto serve her town. she got more complaints about her dogs was that in your town
    sorry the 77 year old lady was from Tonawanda
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

I've been asked by our Web editor to start live-blogging Town Board meetings. Many of my colleagues have already begun doing this, for Amherst, Cheektowaga, Niagara Falls, the Buffalo School Board. So consider this a bit of an experiment tonight. We'll see how much interest there is in this among our readers and we'll see how it fits with my deadline for the newspaper.

There's no particular reason I'm beginning this live-blogging experiment tonight, beyond that I've been asked to do it.

The blog won't be open to comments too much after the meeting because I have a deadline to meet and I'll be tied up writing my article.

What purpose it serves in having a live blog when some people who would be interested in the blog are going to be at the town board meeting. The timing just doesn't seem right.
    There are other people, you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information