Thread: City Leaders Trying To Kick Giambra Off Control Board

City Leaders Trying To Kick Giambra Off Control Board

For once, SOMETHING is finally being done CORRECTLY !!

Buffalo Common Councilman Joseph Golombek has introduced a resolution asking the state for permission to remove Erie County Executive Joel Giambra from the city's control board.

"Now, with the county executive calling for a control board for the county, that it just shows the mismanagement and the lack of leadership at the county level and I don't believe that he should be on the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority," Golombek said.

Council President David Franczyk says he expects the measure to be supported by most council members.

moadib

YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE GOLOMBEK! HE HAS GUTS & CARES ABOUT OUR CITY

YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE GOLOMBEK! HE HAS GUTS & CARES ABOUT OUR CITY

THE OTHER THING I LIKE ABOUT GOLOMBEK IS THAT HE IS VERY FAIR ABOUT CARING FOR THE WELFARE OF THE OTHER COUNCIL MEMBERS DISTRICTS....HE CARES ABOUT THE CITY AS A WHOLE AND HIS DISTRICT.

THE BULL I HERE FROM MANY OF THE OTHER COUNCIL MEMBERS IS "ME & MY DISTRICT"

Interesting

Golombek was happy to accept Joels money in his run against Hoyt. Now as the wind blows against Giambra, Golombek attempts to distance himself from King Joel. I wonder what he knows, or if an indictment is going to come out. Why would a guy get out of bed with his sugar daddy if there wasn't somthing to it. It is hilarious to see people running from Joel. That guy has screwed things up so bad, he should resign. Save us all.

He should resign...no one trusts him any longer. He's no longer a lame duck but a dead duck!
    "...give me Liberty or give me a beer and I'll think about it awhile..."

Re: Interesting

Originally posted by Treeguy
    Golombek was happy to accept Joels money in his run against Hoyt. Now as the wind blows against Giambra, Golombek attempts to distance himself from King Joel.
    I hate to say it because I always liked golembak but you bring up a very good point. He was also, as I recall a big supporter of Giambraa's regionalsim plans.

moadib

Well just because they allied on a concept doesn mean their bosom buddies

Well just because they allied on a concept doesn mean their bosom buddies

I told Golombek a number of times that I supported the Police and the Sherrifs merging and he always came back that Erie County and the Erie County Sherriffs didnt do enough for Buffalo during the Hockey and Baseball games or special events

And Golombek only supported consolidated certain services, he never supported a metro government, though he wanted more information on merging the legislatures and creating a special municipal services district.

Thats the information I got! But lets face facts, Giambra came out with alot of good ideas (which were more smoke and deflection than implementation and execution).

If I were running I would have accepted the money too
    If someone had a good idea, then I would support the concept too

It doesnt necessarily mean Im in bed with them 100%.

Thread Information