Thread: Lancaster doesn't receive enough positive recognition?

Lancaster doesn't receive enough positive recognition?

Now that's funny! I just finished reading Chowaniec's article http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3882.shtml on the front page. It's interesting the stupervisor thinks this and others believe there's not enough coverage of government mismanagement in Lancaster. How often are the wasted tax dollars for the walden avenue police station mentioned. What about the fact that the town government totally blew the original sale of the depew library building to Southeast because they wanted more money? What about the political hiring in the highway department? What about all the other subdivisions that ignore board imposed conditions that don't get slapped down by Stempniak because they are her political friends? What about Giza's health insurance situation? What about the verbal abuse of taxpayers by the new town attorney? The list goes on and on. Yeah, Lancaster is a great place to live, unfortunately it's governed by incompetents who think of themselves and their political friends first.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Every time multiple issues of stupidity are brought up in Town Hall or on message boards that have to do with the incompetence and stupidity of the Town Board's actions the Supervisor whines. Sorry there Big G, but maybe some people actually see the things that go on in the Town chambers and think that it sucks. If you can't handle it...leave.

Or in your own words, when you took the job, you should have known better. Big G must love all of this stuff, he and his minions including Lil' Ronnie sure will go to any lengths to destroy anyone that opposes them at election time.

Of course there are good things going on in town, there are in every town. Yet these good things don't supplant the stupidity of the political shenanigans here.

Whine away Big G.

"I have some of the more experienced people in the legislature working for me. That's why my monetary situation is different." - State Senator Dale "Mr. Pickle" Volker when asked about cutting his office expenses.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

Lancaster doesn't get enough Recognition ......

My initial comment...I didn't think Bob knew how to use the internet? Yes, Bob, there are a lot of great people in Lancaster, unfortunately, few are on the Town Board. And by the way, there is no Santa Claus. Basically, Bob, if it is too hot in the Kitchen, get out of it!* As you can tell I have little respect for the "Stump." ( in relation to dumb as a Stump!) Maybe someday we won't have him to kick around anymore, and Lancaster can really get the recognition it deserves.* But the Lemmings in the Village will elect another Party loyalist and another dynasty will begin and nothing fruitful will be accomplished. Wouldn't it be nice to be recognized for unbridaled economic growth through acquisition of "BUSINESS," and not houses? Has anyone, in power, ever thought of truely cutting Tax Rates and not having the moron go out and re-assess properties RAISING TAXES HAS NEVER GROWN A COMMUNITY, STATE OR COUNTRY.

Good NIght Mr & Mrs America everywhere!

Hearing you read the Internet Supervisor Giza, we all agree that Lancaster is a great town with many caring and giving people who do volunteer work but don't have to make it public as you seem to do.

What bearing did your, "I served 200 dinners for Thankgiving" statement, as well as "there are a lot of great things taking place in Lancaster" have to do with the shoddy town governance that has taken place this past year; nay, decade!

You lead those who don't know any better to believe that you alone control the good things that happen in Lancaster. Perhaps residents would be able to contribute more if you had held the line on taxes.

See if you can squeeze any money out of the pockets of town employees to go to the less fortunate - from their longevity pay and other generous perks and benefits that we taxpayers foot the bill for.

But then again, when you said at a recent town board metting that, "I am entitled to my insurance buyout stipend" you sure don't lead by example.

And then to add that you don't think the cost free town provided health insurance policy, that includes dental and vision, is not the best (Cadillac) is a slap in the face to those in the private sector.

A family member, a divorced mom with child, just had her insurance bumped up $100 and with higher co-pays. She will be paying $400 a month next year. And you guys in the public sector feel your entitled to the best plan, others of us can only dream of having your health and pension benefits.

Thumbs up

And who's paying for the public health insurance and benefits?

From the SUWNY front page article by Lee Chowaniec:

http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3882.shtml
    At Monday’s work session, Supervisor Robert Giza lamented that the town did not receive the appropriate attention and recognition it deserves for all the great things happening.
    The town receives a lot of attention on SUWNY for all of the great things happening.

-Like the health insurance buyouts for the Town Board members. I'm sure that they thought it was great. The Great Gizzard still thinks it's great, he still gets his and his health insurance paid too. Double great happening for him.

-Or the Colecraft building purchase. That was great too. Until the money was spent on the building and then it was realized how much it would actually cost to renovate it. But it's still great because it's a good place to store stuff. It has to be great, they keep talking about selling it, but never do anything to move forward with the process.

-After thinking that we would have to downsize our anniversary bell, we got more grant (taxpayer) money to buy the more expensive one. That's pretty great.

-A new SUV that we overpaid for because the Great Gizzard "is not going to use my vehicle" in the snow storms. Unlike the rest of us schmoes who have to use our own vehicles to do our jobs in the inclement weather. That's pretty great.

-Look at all of the new stores and strip malls we're going to have. That's pretty great. Unfortunately we'll be sitting in traffic backups 'til the cows come home due to poor planning.

-The low water pressure is pretty great too, as well as the cost to raise the water pressure. It could have been done a hell of a lot cheaper if it was a forethought instead of an afterthought.

-Sewers. See the greatness above.

-Contract negotiations are still ongoing for police and firefighters. From what I've heard the police turned down the 2% raise and the 2.5% raise, so it looks like the 3% raise that they wanted is forthcoming. As well as the raises for other services once that contract is done. I bet they think that's pretty great. As well as the highly paid lawyers involved in the negotitaions that still have not been completed. They're paid by the hour, so they must think that's great too.

That's just a few great things right there. I do agree with the Gizzard that these great things should get more press.

“I am getting tired of this. They have nothing good to say about the town and there are wonderful things going on. They are not involved in it. I served dinner for over 200 people on Thanksgiving Day.”
    If the taxes were lower maybe a large portion of the 200 dinners would have been unnecessary. I'm sure that all of these folks would be much happier sharing a holiday dinner in their own homes.

“But let me tell you, you read the Internet, see some of the news articles in the paper, you wouldn’t think Lancaster was not a very nice place to be in or live in. This really bothers me because there a lot of nice things going on that people just don’t realize.”
    It goes both ways Gizzard, there's a lot of crap that goes on too that people just don't realize, until the tax bill goes up.

Supervisor Giza commended the Youth Bureau for just about being ready for taking names for the purpose of handing out fully decorated trees to families along with food, clothes and toys for Chrostmas.

He mentioned that his own Sertoma Club was going to hand out gift certificates to TOPS.

The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) donated $800 in cash and hundreds of pounds of food to the Food Pantry on the 22th.

“This stuff doesn’t get in the paper, doesn’t get to the average citizen,” Giza declared. “All this crap that keeps coming at this time of year, I’m just sick of it. They like dirt because dirt sells; just keep the minds turning. I’m tired of it.”
    Has anyone on SUWNY made a dime off of a comment on the Town Of Lancaster? I know I haven't. We're sick of things that you do too Gizzard, yet you keep doing them too.

Supervisor Giza also mentioned that former Tonawanda Supervisor Ron Molino moved to Lancaster. Molino told Giza that he liked the way he and board do things here and that’s why he moved into a patio home in Lancaster. “I think the outsiders like it better here than the insiders,” Giza jokingly declared. We are dealing with negative people (at the board meetings).
    Maybe they don't have cheap property tax patio homes in Tonawanda. I was talking to someone the other day about the Pleasant Meadows patio homes and they said that seeing as there aren't enough patio homes built yet to form an association that there are no association fees. If that's the case, why are these folks getting a tax break right now? I'd bet that these folks think that this is pretty great.

Maybe The Gizzard is right, there are some really great things going on in Lancaster. It just depends on who you are as to the degree of greatness.

"I have some of the more experienced people in the legislature working for me. That's why my monetary situation is different." - State Senator Dale "Mr. Pickle" Volker when asked about cutting his office expenses.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

“What these towns are about to do, if they have their way, is kill the goose that laid the golden egg” -Victor Martucci, vice president of Marrano Marc/Equity in response to local towns opposing the 339-y condo law.

Foot Fungus: Maybe they don't have cheap property tax patio homes in Tonawanda. I was talking to someone the other day about the Pleasant Meadows patio homes and they said that seeing as there aren't enough patio homes built yet to form an association that there are no association fees. If that's the case, why are these folks getting a tax break right now? I'd bet that these folks think that this is pretty great.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read that the ex-supervisor of Tonawanda moved into a patio home was Condo 339-y status and a 40% tax break. I looked it up. He paid $228,575 for his home and his assessment is only $137,000.

He and the rest of them moving into patio and townhouse homes with 339-y status are ripping the rest of us off; especially those living in like Associations that pay association fees for like services and pay full town taxes.

But hey, the outsider Molino is Giza's friend, a nice guy according to Giza and is entitled to the tax breaks. The town has no control over the 339-y program. The AG determines who gets it

Whoops, there's that word again, "entitled". Damn, don't you wish you were one of the chosen few?

Quote Originally Posted by pudge View Post
    The first thing that popped into my mind when I read that the ex-supervisor of Tonawanda moved into a patio home was Condo 339-y status and a 40% tax break. I looked it up. He paid $228,575 for his home and his assessment is only $137,000.
    Wait! This guy moves here from Tonawanda, pays $228,575 for a 339-y condo that's assessed at $137,000. That's great. Shows he learned a lot in politics. He paid twice as much as I did for his home and is paying less taxes cause his home is assessed at less than mine after mine was reassessed. What the puck, this is a good thing? I think the stupervisor should've kept his fat yap shut. With this market, I can't sell my house for what it's assessed at, and this ex-politico friend of the geezer's is paying less in taxes than I am. Give me a flipping break. No wonder I'm mad as hell and ain't gonna take it no more.
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Originally posted by pudge:
    But hey, the outsider Molino is Giza's friend, a nice guy according to Giza and is entitled to the tax breaks. The town has no control over the 339-y program. The AG determines who gets it

Whoops, there's that word again, "entitled". Damn, don't you wish you were one of the chosen few?
    "Entitled" as Giza feels he's "entitled" to his health care from the Boys Club. As Giza feels he's "entitled" to his health care opt out payment from the taxpayers of the town.

We pay the "entitlements" for the poor and the elderly in our county taxes. Then pay for the "entitlements" of our elected officials in our town taxes.

The only "entitlement" we have as taxpayers is the freedom of speech to make others aware of these "entitlements".

Georgia L Schlager

Originally Posted by gorja

The only "entitlement" we have as taxpayers is the freedom of speech to make others aware of these "entitlements".
    Despite the whining of The Great Gizzard, you also have one other entitlement as a taxpayer. You are entitled to complain about the actions of politicians.

The Gizzard's attempt at deflecting from the issues by lamenting the "good happenings" in Lancaster is just his attempt to try and cover up the crap he and his cronies are up to, and to try to control media in bringing out the truth of their actions.

It might work with the print media, but it ain't gonna work here Mr Entitler.

Making use of my entitlement from the holiday song thread-

Oh! You better watch out,
    you better not pry,

you better not doubt,
    I'm telling you why:
    Bob Giza’s running this town!

He's making his list,
    And boy is he pissed,
    gonna find out who’s trying to resist.
    Bob Giza’s running this town!

He says no one says good things,
    he won’t admit a mistake.

He knows when you've been blogging,
    so the MB, do not partake!

So...You better watch out, You better not pry
    You better not doubt, I'm telling you why.

Bob Giza’s running this town.

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information