Thread: 6 story hotel behind Lord Amherst

6 story hotel behind Lord Amherst

Palidino got his, so iskalo wants theirs...

http://amherst.wgrz.com/news/news/67...-hotel-amherst

Isay, I hope it gets built. All those people in amherst who have the attitude 'doesnt affect me i dont care' are getting just what they deserve!
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How about that....

rezoning... all the town boards do it...

"Never in a million years did we think that a 65-foot tower could be literally feet from our homes," said Ray Paolini, who added that he never would have built his home in the current location had he known of the loophole.
    why are they upset... it will add tax revenue to the town...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

why are they upset... it will add tax revenue to the town...
    Come on!! This revenue enhancement and collective good rhetoric is unadulterated nonsense. Have any of the hotels, etc. made a difference in your taxes?

These people had reasonable expectations when purchasing their homes. For anyone to change the rules now is unconscionable. Besides the town overseers should get the sewage and drainage infrastructure overhauled before adding more to a broken system.

Keep in mind folks, this could happen in your neighborhood too.

ISKALO uses zoning and residential property values will be reduced
    It is as simple as that. A huge (6 STORIES) structure three times the height of the current hotel will tower over the residents homes whose assessed values average over $400,000 and in total are assessed at $10,000,000. All are over $300,000. This is the neighborhood that now has a towering hotel on top of their properties. Bob Danni sounds like he enjoys questioning his former commissioner. The votes are so close and Iskalo needs to come to the table with a different proposal. Those of us who travel down that street often have to stop our cars because of cross traffic. What cross traffic you ask? Why the ducks and their little ones who march slowly across the street from their homes in the "pond' behind these houses and the Lord Amherst. Where are the Board members? They only appear when it is ribbon-cutting. I may be mistaken but I heard that there in an access strip through this neighborhood in addition to the Main Street entrance. The traffic already includes Smallwood Elementary school traffic at different times during the day and night.

Let the Iskalo/Paladino clans fight their hospitality fights somewhere else.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Come on!! This revenue enhancement and collective good rhetoric is unadulterated nonsense. Have any of the hotels, etc. made a difference in your taxes?

These people had reasonable expectations when purchasing their homes. For anyone to change the rules now is unconscionable. Besides the town overseers should get the sewage and drainage infrastructure overhauled before adding more to a broken system.

Keep in mind folks, this could happen in your neighborhood too.
    IT happens all the time in neighborhoods. Why do you think the small group of developers in Erie County donate to elections? Look what the small group of democrats did to cheektowaga while on the town board. All the commercial building that adds traffic to the side roads off of Union Road. You think you built your home on a quiet street but you get traffic increases.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    ISKALO uses zoning and residential property values will be reduced
    It is as simple as that. A huge (6 STORIES) structure three times the height of the current hotel will tower over the residents homes whose assessed values average over $400,000 and in total are assessed at $10,000,000. All are over $300,000. This is the neighborhood that now has a towering hotel on top of their properties. Bob Danni sounds like he enjoys questioning his former commissioner. The votes are so close and Iskalo needs to come to the table with a different proposal. Those of us who travel down that street often have to stop our cars because of cross traffic. What cross traffic you ask? Why the ducks and their little ones who march slowly across the street from their homes in the "pond' behind these houses and the Lord Amherst. Where are the Board members? They only appear when it is ribbon-cutting. I may be mistaken but I heard that there in an access strip through this neighborhood in addition to the Main Street entrance. The traffic already includes Smallwood Elementary school traffic at different times during the day and night.

Let the Iskalo/Paladino clans fight their hospitality fights somewhere else.
    This new structure will raise everyone's home value. Enhancing the tax revenue for the town. It's all about revenue isn't it? Look at the extra money that will be collected by the surrounding properties. All those home owners should be happy to see their homes increase in value which in turn allows the to contribute more of their hard earnings to the community. You would think they would welcome this. Yes I am being sarcastic. I wanted to sound like an elected official for a few minutes

While I think this is going to happen...I agree with the residents.

If the structure fronted Main St. it would be a different story. But to place the 6-story structure behind the motel and fronting the natural space is a bit of a dig IYAM.

The AIDA had a divided vote on this and other items in their April meeting (Cieselski and Shapiro voting no). This property is not on any "Enhancement" maps that AIDA has so why the IDA benefits for another hotel not in one of those depressed or almost depressed or ready to be depressed areas. In this Iskalo/Paladino race to hotel vville we need benderson to build a few in his empty strip plaza locations.

That property has been zoned for exactly that type of business since at least the mid-70s when the town enacted an updated zoning code. But don't forget the war cry "nimby"

I never would've bought my house if I had known that the people who bought the house next to me would put in a pool for their screaming kids. I had a reasonable expectation that there wouldn't be a noisy pool there when I moved in. What is this going to do to my property values? Why doesn't the town board do something? They had a lot of nerve using their property in the manner in which it's zoned!! My house is worth lots of money and the law should only protect my rights and not the rights of other property owners around me. Wah, wah, wah!

Thread Information