Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fight ! New Protest sign on...

Thumbs up New Fight ! New Protest sign on...

This is my protest post. All sign on and protest with me.

WE WANT EDIT BUTTON........ WE WANT EDIT...... WE WANT EDIT.... WE WANT EDIT....... WE WANT EDIT.

LET THEM HEAR US, We want edit button. We must have edit button. I'm too old miss speling words is my problem in my old age. We want edit ability....

Sign on the dotted line please.... Let the staff hear us load and clear. Old people have Arthritis in hands and don't always type, hit, the right buttons on their keyboards. Lets be rightous people and give us old people edit ability. I'm not stupid, I have 3 college degrees !!

WE WANT EDIT........ WE WANT EDIT........ WE WANT EDIT ABILITY....
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Ummm, we HAVE edit. Have had it for a while now......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

no you don't

Originally posted by HipKat
    Ummm, we HAVE edit. Have had it for a while now......
    No, Mr. Tony told me viva email "they had turn off the edit button because of abuseing the button". I tried to us it, all I get is "You don't have permission, by the Administrators etc......." Real long statemnet. Your access is denied bla, bla, bla !!!!

I don't think it right or far for some to us it while others cannot..This is one reason why I personally don't do communities that often because of these power trips people have in these communities.

I Want Edit.....I WANT EDIT.....I WANT EDIT..... I must have edit ability I'm old over 50 +
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's set to allow editing for 30 minutes according to the settings once you post your post. You just can't go back the next day and edit.

No

Originally posted by WNYresident
    It's set to allow editing for 30 minutes according to the settings once you post your post. You just can't go back the next day and edit.

I can't even do it 30 seconds after I see my mistakes it says, you have no promission from the Boss = Administrators. lol You don't believe me come to my house I'll show you. Hey, Maybe my computer is hunted. lol

No really, my edit button doesn't work been trying but doesn't work.
    Riven37
    _________

I did not just edit this message.

He's right. It isn't working right now. I think it was working yesterday.

Man, people really get their panties in a bunch over Admin stuff lately. First it was people crying about avatars and now editing... Maybe the budget is making everyone cranky.

Ya know... way back in the day when the Wise Ones first created speakupwny, we had to walk barefoot uphill in a snowstorm carrying our posts that were chiseled into stone tablet to plead with the great ADMIN on the mountain that our words were worthy enough for the people of Buffalo to gaze upon.

Now they whine about little pictures by their name...

... and I still can't edit my f@#$@! message

stevenco

Lightbulb try this

I have a brilliant idea! How about proof reading/editing your post BEFORE you you hit the "submit reply"?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm going through the settings again tonite.. I have editing turned on for 60 MINUTES!!!! once the post is made. I have to go through the rest of the settings to see if something is over riding it.

Actually on my longer posts I have been using word first then pasting it up.

Honestly editing was off a while ago because we had someone post something, get flamed, then edit thier posts to reflect something different than what the post was in the first place.

I'm looking into upgrading the site to the latest version before the end of the month. There's a few features we all might like to use.

The management.

Now stop your whining while we try to save the community from the Evil Government Empire

I've posted on other boards where if you edit your message an automatic tag appears at the bottom of your message saying "lasted edited by 300miles at 2/14/2005 7pm"

but i can understand not having it at all. People do go back and change their post altogether and then it just confuses the thread.

just take a typing course or something

HEY !!1

Originally posted by 300miles
    He's right. It isn't working right now. I think it was working yesterday.

Man, people really get their panties in a bunch over Admin stuff lately. First it was people crying about avatars and now editing... Maybe the budget is making everyone cranky.

Ya know... way back in the day when the Wise Ones first created speakupwny, we had to walk barefoot uphill in a snowstorm carrying our posts that were chiseled into stone tablet to plead with the great ADMIN on the mountain that our words were worthy enough for the people of Buffalo to gaze upon.

Now they whine about little pictures by their name...

HEY, HEY, HEY YOU 300MILES HIGH! at least I would not stand by to watch mistakes made in the masses names. I believe in Rule of Law for All not just the above ones. lol

Now I have more next to my name that makes me important now lol see....I like important reasoning....next I'm trying to fix this edit button issue....lol Admin didn't know its not working just like Eire county nothing is working anywhere loool
    Riven37
    _________

Angry RUDE, RUDE, RUDE

RUDE ! RUDE ! RUDE ! RUDE !...I have a nice Baseball bat in my Car.......you want to see it ????? lol
    Riven37
    _________

stevenco

Demand

And I think we should go all out with this protest. I demand that this message board allows for larger avatars (they have moving ones which none of will fit here) and larger images to be attached to the posts as opposed to the measly 60000 bytes. I will issue a deadline of Friday for these upgrades to take effect.

Administrator
    Avatar size. Issue is bandwidth conservation and speed of the site. I pay for all space/bandwidth used and i'm frugal. Editing a post doesn't cost anything compared to bandwidth usage.

Avatars can be 100 pixels across..

I went from 2.5k to 3k for a avatar size..

Attachment size can be 60k

Honestly I would rather have a lean, mean efficient site versus logos and pictures slowing the site down. Having a wiggley homer simpson avatar will not help fix Western NY governmental issues.

We need to learn to live within our means

Now will someone get the protestors out of my parking lot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information