View Poll Results: When will you leave?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 years I'm outa here!

15 20.00%
  • 2-5 years Sticking it out for now but can't afford to stay!

25 33.33%
  • 5-10 years Gotta retire with my Gov't Pension First!

13 17.33%
  • 10 + Relocation only! Out of state or in the ground!

22 29.33%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will you leave?

When will you leave?

When asked of people the responses I have recieved do not vary much in time frame.
    When will you leave?

No selection for "Never"?

Never?
    Will you haunt the EC Halls even after you are dead and gone?
    That would be awsome and I wish you well with that.
    The last choice of relocation "...in the ground" is to mean just that.
    Dead and gone.

never

have a family plot already reserved mom dad grama granpa great grand parents and me if i ever do die i might just haunt county hall for awhile
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Re: When will you leave?

Originally posted by LHardy
    When asked of people the responses I have recieved do not vary much in time frame.
    When will you leave?
    As I posted in other sites, my wife and I are looking for a new place in Pennsylvania. Low property taxes, yet services are maintained. And if the Philadelphia Eagles want a new stadium, they build it themselves instead of having the folks in Altoona and Bradford do it for them.
    Looks like our tax money here will be used to build Bloomberg's Giant's Stadium. Free enterprise in action!

Oh, one other plus in Pennsy -- NO CURMUGEONS!
    Think you can trust the government?
    Ask an Indian!

As I posted in other sites, my wife and I are looking for a new place in Pennsylvania.

Just a little bit of information I found interesting, Pennsylvania has around 528,692 fulltime government employee (less than NYS), with a government payroll of around $1,598,540,222 (less than NYS); population about 12,001,451 (less than NYS) and has 5,070 local governments (more than NYS).

to compare: New York State has around 1,149,858 fulltime government employee, with a government payroll of around $3,953,861,263; population of about 18,175,301 and around 3,413 local governments.

(IE- government payroll = total per state)
    Last edited by Night Owl; May 15th, 2005 at 12:07 PM.

Anyone thinking of relocating to Hawii?

Hawaii: 67,053 fulltime government employees, government payroll of about $190,657,451; population around 1,193,001 with just about 19 local governments.

to campare a state with less people: Delaware has about 40,656 fulltime government employees, with a government payroll of about $119,003,853; polulation of around 743,603, with 336 local governments.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    As I posted in other sites, my wife and I are looking for a new place in Pennsylvania.
    Just a little bit of information I found interesting, Pennsylvania has around 528,692 fulltime government employee (less than NYS), with a government payroll of around $1,598,540,222 (less than NYS); population about 12,001,451 (less than NYS) and has 5,070 local governments (more than NYS).
    to compare: New York State has around 1,149,858 fulltime government employee, with a government payroll of around $3,953,861,263; population of about 18,175,301 and around 3,413 local governments.
    Fine, that';s part of the equation.
    I sent in an article from the Buffalo News dating from around 1985 or so. It documented how during the 1960s, Rockefeller's Welfare Plan was becoming a burden on the taxpayers in NYS. And by the time of the article, things were getting much worse. Note that "Medicaid" wasn't even mentioned.
    What was mentioned was that Pennsylvania had instituted several changes in their Welfare laws, such as:
    Putting a cap on how much a person could receive.
    Demanding residency requirements before a person could receive benefits.
    A determination on how long a person could receive those benefits.

Know what most receipiants did?

That's right; they moved one state north.

Now, you mentioned that NYS has SOOOOOOO many civil servants. Is your list broken down by title?
    If it is, I'd wager that you'll find that the largest percentage of workers is in the Social Services fields, probably followed by Heath Care or Education, then by Law Enforcement (including prison guards). Waddayasay? Am I close?

As I said, I sent a copy of the News Welfare report in a year ago; I'd like to see it posted in one of these forums where people could discuss that. I would like to stay in NYS but the taxes are too high and the political incompitance is simply too severe.

Bread and circuses brought down the Roman Empire and it looks like it's going to do the same thing here.
    I think that it's high time to tell these people to find a job because the gravy train has to stop running. And if they don't want to start supporting themselves by legal means, then maybe they should get the hell outta Dodge!

My 2¢
    Ask an Indian!

Hopefully by September '05

Tomac:

If you're going to go to the effort of moving, why would you only go to Pennsylvania?

Would you miss snow and ice that much?
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

With the school budgets passing by such wide margins of success.
    More people have started to put up the FOR SALE signs.
    The tax revolt abviously is not very strong.

Originally posted by biker
    Tomac:

If you're going to go to the effort of moving, why would you only go to Pennsylvania?

Would you miss snow and ice that much?
    No. My mom was from Pennsy, down in Altoona. My mind is made up for Williamsport, Bradford or Coudersport. Someplace with a lot of hills and trees, fresh water, clear skies. Where the only thing you hear is birds chirping, not somebody's Boom-Box set on "kill" that makes your teeth rattle when their car goes by the house (here that happens about a half dozen times a day :P).
    As for snow and ice, we drove our daughter down to visit a girlfriend a few years back, down near Harrisburg. The weather here was crappy and we got about a foot of snow that weekend (typical January weather); down there, the folks on the radio were screaming about the end of the world, a catigory 27 blizzard that shut down everything in the Harrisburg region, yet all they got was about 4" of light snow. Four inches I can live with.
    And the next day, my wife and I went to Gettysberg and I was wearing a light windbreaker in 45º temperatures. This was on 5 January 2000. And a couple of hardy souls were even out playing golf.
    And other areas sometimes get more snow than here. In March 1992, we got a storm that came up the Eastern Seaboard that gave us about 6" or so. That Easter, we took a vacation to Virginia, to the Blue Ridge area. Stopping along the Skyline Drive (go THERE sometime on your 'Wing, it's beautiful!) and found out that THEY had about two FEET in that same storm.

Anyway, I don't mind snow in moderate amounts; what I DO mind is throwing MY money at Welfare Cheats, political "pork and patronage" and the general incompetance of our elected "leaders" in the late, great State of New York.
    And the more I see some of the unions backing these selfsame welfare hogs, the more I am getting disgusted by them as well.
    Ask an Indian!

stevenco

Lightbulb deep fried

Originally posted by LHardy
    Never?
    Will you haunt the EC Halls even after you are dead and gone?
    That would be awsome and I wish you well with that.
    The last choice of relocation "...in the ground" is to mean just that.
    Dead and gone.

Hardy,

Learn how to compose a poll. Yes, not leaving is an option. Just because in your world it is not does not mean someone can't stay.
    LH, let me ask you, "When are you going to submerge your head in 450 degree Wesson oil? What? You don't plan on doing that?
    Well, I didn't ask you if you had plans of this or not, I just want to know WHEN. When are you going to deepfry your head?
    Learn to compose a poll by allowing people to select an option that you don't consider.

Hey Jack ass.
    Learn how to read.
    In any world there is no such thing as never.
    In my world or what ever world you think you live in.
    Deep fried is what your brain is if you can not find any humor without lashing out an attack at people who you don't agree with.
    Looser that you are take a flying leap and do everyone a favor.
    You think you are to smart for the room? Fortunatley you are not in the room.
    You have no wit. You have nothing to offer in ideas. You have nothing but sarcasim and insult. None of these qualities have added one iota of substance to any conversation you have been involved in.
    I shall compose my polls as I wish. I care not what you think of it!

You get off by blasting away at people from behind the keyboard only because in public you are nothing but an introverted dweeb. Who seems to get off on himself by cutting down on anyone who you do not agree with.
    Hey if you don't agree! No big deal! If you want to debate, it does not have to be done in the manner you choose.
    People like you are the reason MBs' go flat.
    Who the hell wants to read that kind of trash and be trashed.
    Freedom of speach is your right. Freedom to ignore you is mine. Welcome to the ignore list.
    If you wish put me on yours, do so and we will both be happy.
    As they say in jolly old England. "PISS OFF"

Holy ****, why are you attacking him? He asked a logical question; why didn't you give people a chance to say they are not going to leave. You have essentially set up a 100% negative poll; sense of humor has nothing to do with it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information