Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Bush Will Be GONE And Will Leave America With A MESS

  1. #1
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420

    Bush Will Be GONE And Will Leave America With A MESS

    Finally, we will have someone on my side to straighten out the years of neglect and poor leadership. Bush, Cheney and the other crooks better not become lobbyists for the rich oil barons that have depleted our countries treasuries.

    Instead of pardoning the turkeys and the criminals, Bush should get the money that Iraqi's have to pay for this war as promised from their oil profits.

    My fellow veterans will now be home with their families and hold their heads proud for their service.

    What a wasted 8 yrs of no direction and we still haven’t avenged the murders of our people at 9/11.

    What a Failed Presidency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

  2. #2
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,873
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Finally, we will have someone on my side to straighten out the years of neglect and poor leadership. Bush, Cheney and the other crooks better not become lobbyists for the rich oil barons that have depleted our countries treasuries.

    Instead of pardoning the turkeys and the criminals, Bush should get the money that Iraqi's have to pay for this war as promised from their oil profits.

    My fellow veterans will now be home with their families and hold their heads proud for their service.

    What a wasted 8 yrs of no direction and we still haven’t avenged the murders of our people at 9/11.

    So I am happy that you are happy. But I have a serious question.

    You seem pissed at Bush and how he has treated the "Oil Barons" over the last 8 years.

    What are you expectations of an Obama administration to those same oil barons in the next 4 years? He can do pretty much anything he wants in the beginning because he will have the votes in congress. So what are you expecting to happen.

    You suggest that Bush should have gotten Oil from Iraq in lue of payments for the war. Are you suggesting that Obama will do this? Or are you having different expectations for different administrations?

    You seem pissed that Bush did not avenge the murders of 9/11.

    What are you expectations of an Obama administration to avenge the murders of 9/11. Once again, I will remind you that he will have a Democratic Congress to pretty much do what he wants to correct this situations. So what are you expecting to happen?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,212
    I'm hoping for a 'hail-Mary pass' that Bin Laden is captured, alive, before Bush leaves office.

    Wouldnt it suck if it turned into the same situation as the Iranian hostage crisis, where Reagen got them back just minutes after being sworn in?

  4. #4
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So I am happy that you are happy. But I have a serious question.

    You seem pissed at Bush and how he has treated the "Oil Barons" over the last 8 years.

    What are you expectations of an Obama administration to those same oil barons in the next 4 years? He can do pretty much anything he wants in the beginning because he will have the votes in congress. So what are you expecting to happen.

    You suggest that Bush should have gotten Oil from Iraq in lue of payments for the war. Are you suggesting that Obama will do this? Or are you having different expectations for different administrations?

    You seem pissed that Bush did not avenge the murders of 9/11.

    What are you expectations of an Obama administration to avenge the murders of 9/11. Once again, I will remind you that he will have a Democratic Congress to pretty much do what he wants to correct this situations. So what are you expecting to happen?

    I truly appreciate the honest discussion. Your right I am happy about the new administration!! It is not only Bush but also his whole administration.

    I am sure you understand deep down inside what I am talking about. How wrong this “ Bush Administration” and I might add our Congress were. They accomplished nothing but Bush is the Commander and Chief. He failed miserably in his world role to focus on the objective and that was 9/11. In addition, did you see the video on how no one shook Bush’s hand at the G20 Summit? We lead by example. We cannot preach and then do the opposite.

    The writing was on the wall but we fell for Bush’s weapons of mass destruction that were never found …… But we continued anyway.

    Not to change the subject but I am disgusted with 90% of our so-called leaders. We have a mess in our State, County and City government. New York has the tin cup out asking for a bail out too. The County is tied up with mandates and the City is boasting about their surplus. What accomplishment have they put forward? Not one wants to step up to the plate either.

    Will Obama lead America in a new direction.. We know what my answer will be. It won't be Oil but conservation , new technologies and renewables.

    I have already noticed a difference with racial issues. Have you notice a difference on this forum?

    Obama did not take lobbyist monies. His $25 donations came from people like me. I don’t need to buy influence. Our other gov’ts have to do the same.

    Obama will provide direction and leadership. We will need to reform ourselves from the bottom up and pull ourselves up by bootstraps.

    The best example I can provide was “Welfare Reform”. Senator Moynihan proposed reform in I believe 1988 to which no one took notice because it didn’t have teeth. I am no fan of the “Clintons” but until President Clinton overhauled “Welfare” and changed it from an entitlement program to a work program things changed. Even Senator Moynihan voted against it and claimed people would starve. Local government were forced to make changes to continue funding. Liberal NYS circumvented this adding more cadillac benefits when the Federal benefits ran out after 5 yrs time limitations. In addition, we give benefits to single individual deadbeats. Were people forced to find jobs??.. you bet ya… Did the crime rate did go down? Hell Yes !! The problem now is the crack and meth are here to stay and the lack of employment opportunies have evaporated as a way to pull ourselves out.

    Yes, he will make the right changes but we also have to help him. And yes, we will go full force in Afganistan and get that son of a bitch and his followers. It will be no easy task because the area is 3 times as large as Iraq and the terrain is rock mountainous and difficult but we owe closure for 9/11 , our soldier’s sacrifices and their families.

    Obama has stated this many times as our main objective and these are not my words.

    The only thing I worry about is a lack of check and balances and bipartisanship in future Federal and NYS State governments. We never had it in our City of Buffalo government either. But I think we can turn this around with the growth of the Internet. I know for a fact all officials read, get exposed and get their information online.
    Last edited by PickOranges; November 26th, 2008 at 06:42 PM.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

  5. #5
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,873
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Will Obama lead America in a new direction.. We know what my answer will be. It won't be Oil but conservation , new technologies and renewables.

    I have already noticed a difference with racial issues. Have you notice a difference on this forum?

    Obama did not take lobbyist monies. His $25 donations came from people like me. I don’t need to buy influence. Our other gov’ts have to do the same.

    Obama will provide direction and leadership. We will need to reform ourselves from the bottom up and pull ourselves up by bootstraps.

    The best example I can provide was “Welfare Reform”. Senator Moynihan proposed reform in I believe 1988 to which no one took notice because it didn’t have teeth. I am no fan of the “Clintons” but until President Clinton overhauled “Welfare” and changed it from an entitlement program to a work program things changed. Even Senator Moynihan voted against it and claimed people would starve. Local government were forced to make changes to continue funding. Liberal NYS circumvented this adding more cadillac benefits when the Federal benefits ran out after 5 yrs time limitations. In addition, we give benefits to single individual deadbeats. Were people forced to find jobs??.. you bet ya… Did the crime rate did go down? Hell Yes !! The problem now is the crack and meth are here to stay and the lack of employment opportunies have evaporated as a way to pull ourselves out.

    Yes, he will make the right changes but we also have to help him. And yes, we will go full force in Afganistan and get that son of a bitch and his followers. It will be no easy task because the area is 3 times as large as Iraq and the terrain is rock mountainous and difficult but we owe closure for 9/11 , our soldier’s sacrifices and their families.

    Obama has stated this many times as our main objective and these are not my words.

    The only thing I worry about is a lack of check and balances and bipartisanship in future Federal and NYS State governments. We never had it in our City of Buffalo government either. But I think we can turn this around with the growth of the Internet. I know for a fact all officials read, get exposed and get their information online.

    So let me see if I have this correct. You expect an Obama Administration to do the following:


    • New Energy instead of oil
      • My question is what does "New Energy" look like. Ethanol, wind, solar.
      • Are you saying he is for these or are you expecting is his administration to actually take action on these?
      • If so, what "action" do you expect?
    • You mention his campaign financing. Was this a side note or are you saying he is going to push policy on campaign financing?
      • If so, does that mean an Obama administration is going to take a hard stance on lobbyist?
      • If so, does this mean ALL lobbyist or just the ones that are friendly with Republicans?
      • The reason I ask is the UAW and Teachers Union lobbyist are expecting some big things IMO.
    • You mention Welfare reform but do not say just what you want or expect in terms of welfare reform from an Obama administration. Care to elaborate on this?
    • You mention that he will go "full force" in Afghanistan.
      • Does this mean you expect him to continue in Iraq AND go knee deep in Afghanistan or do you expect him to pull out troops in Iraq and simply reassign them to Afghanistan
      • You say an Obama administration will "get that son of a bitch" and I am assuming you mean Osama bin Laden. Is this an expectation?
      • What if in 4 years an Obama administration is unable to track down and kill or capture Osama bin Laden? Is that a failure?

    Lastly, you mention your concern over the lack of Checks and Balances in NYS but an Obama administration will have little checks or balances. The voters made sure of this. This is why I am asking what your and others expectations are.

  6. #6
    Member speaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    5,798
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So I am happy that you are happy. But I have a serious question.

    You seem pissed at Bush and how he has treated the "Oil Barons" over the last 8 years.

    What are you expectations of an Obama administration to those same oil barons in the next 4 years? He can do pretty much anything he wants in the beginning because he will have the votes in congress. So what are you expecting to happen.

    You suggest that Bush should have gotten Oil from Iraq in lue of payments for the war. Are you suggesting that Obama will do this? Or are you having different expectations for different administrations?

    You seem pissed that Bush did not avenge the murders of 9/11.

    What are you expectations of an Obama administration to avenge the murders of 9/11. Once again, I will remind you that he will have a Democratic Congress to pretty much do what he wants to correct this situations. So what are you expecting to happen?
    Talk about cold case files!

  7. #7
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    So let me see if I have this correct. You expect an Obama Administration to do the following:


    • New Energy instead of oil
      • My question is what does "New Energy" look like. Ethanol, wind, solar.
      • Are you saying he is for these or are you expecting is his administration to actually take action on these?
      • If so, what "action" do you expect?
    • You mention his campaign financing. Was this a side note or are you saying he is going to push policy on campaign financing?
      • If so, does that mean an Obama administration is going to take a hard stance on lobbyist?
      • If so, does this mean ALL lobbyist or just the ones that are friendly with Republicans?
      • The reason I ask is the UAW and Teachers Union lobbyist are expecting some big things IMO.
    • You mention Welfare reform but do not say just what you want or expect in terms of welfare reform from an Obama administration. Care to elaborate on this?
    • You mention that he will go "full force" in Afghanistan.
      • Does this mean you expect him to continue in Iraq AND go knee deep in Afghanistan or do you expect him to pull out troops in Iraq and simply reassign them to Afghanistan
      • You say an Obama administration will "get that son of a bitch" and I am assuming you mean Osama bin Laden. Is this an expectation?
      • What if in 4 years an Obama administration is unable to track down and kill or capture Osama bin Laden? Is that a failure?

    Lastly, you mention your concern over the lack of Checks and Balances in NYS but an Obama administration will have little checks or balances. The voters made sure of this. This is why I am asking what your and others expectations are.
    Well my friend.. This thread is based on " Bush Will Be GONE And Will Leave America With A MESS "

    Now, lets take your questions and insert Bush's legacy since it is on record.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

  8. #8
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,873
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Well my friend.. This thread is based on " Bush Will Be GONE And Will Leave America With A MESS "

    Now, lets take your questions and insert Bush's legacy since it is on record.

    Just what I thought you would say.

  9. #9
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Just what I thought you would say.
    Tell us the "highlights" of the Administration. I haven't thought of one. We all know what the mess is.
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

  10. #10
    Member ILOVEDNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx.
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    and we still haven’t avenged the murders of our people at 9/11.
    Abu Ubaida al-Masri
    Abu Laith al-Libi
    Musab al-Zarqawi
    Abu Suleiman al-Jazairi
    Were all unavailable to comment.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

  11. #11
    Member JustRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Tell us the "highlights" of the Administration. I haven't thought of one. We all know what the mess is.
    No additional terrorist attacks on U.S. soil.....
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

  12. #12
    Member leftWNYbecauseofBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,873
    Quote Originally Posted by PickOranges View Post
    Tell us the "highlights" of the Administration. I haven't thought of one. We all know what the mess is.
    You simply do not get it....do you.

    I am not defending Bush. I am simply asking what your expectations of an Obama administration is. The reason I ask is it appears that you are frustrated with the current Bush administration. It appears that you are frustrated with the way a lot of things are done or have been done.

    I am asking just what the hell do you expect to be different. What I get is Obama is going to try real hard.....

    See the problem I have with the mindset up Americans today is they simply have NO IDEA what they want. They just want it to be different. Most people have ZERO idea why they voted for Obama other than he is the opposite of Bush. For those who do have an idea why they voted for Obama, they sure as hell are not saying what their expectations of him are. Most likely because they know what they "want" is not likely what they are going to get in the long run.

    Give me a True Concertative President and a Republican Congress and I can list off several things that I would EXPECT to happen.

    Having no expectations is ignorant in my honest opinion. Having expectations but not saying them because you do not want to hear the other side when they do not happen is pathetic in my honest opinion.

  13. #13
    Member Save Us's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You simply do not get it....do you.

    I am not defending Bush. I am simply asking what your expectations of an Obama administration is. The reason I ask is it appears that you are frustrated with the current Bush administration. It appears that you are frustrated with the way a lot of things are done or have been done.

    I am asking just what the hell do you expect to be different. What I get is Obama is going to try real hard.....

    See the problem I have with the mindset up Americans today is they simply have NO IDEA what they want. They just want it to be different. Most people have ZERO idea why they voted for Obama other than he is the opposite of Bush. For those who do have an idea why they voted for Obama, they sure as hell are not saying what their expectations of him are. Most likely because they know what they "want" is not likely what they are going to get in the long run.

    Give me a True Concertative President and a Republican Congress and I can list off several things that I would EXPECT to happen.

    Having no expectations is ignorant in my honest opinion. Having expectations but not saying them because you do not want to hear the other side when they do not happen is pathetic in my honest opinion.

    The expectation is that Obama and his government are going to solve all of our problems..

    some of which as you know preceded the Bush administration.

  14. #14
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    You simply do not get it....do you.

    I am not defending Bush. I am simply asking what your expectations of an Obama administration is. The reason I ask is it appears that you are frustrated with the current Bush administration. It appears that you are frustrated with the way a lot of things are done or have been done.

    I am asking just what the hell do you expect to be different. What I get is Obama is going to try real hard.....

    See the problem I have with the mindset up Americans today is they simply have NO IDEA what they want. They just want it to be different. Most people have ZERO idea why they voted for Obama other than he is the opposite of Bush. For those who do have an idea why they voted for Obama, they sure as hell are not saying what their expectations of him are. Most likely because they know what they "want" is not likely what they are going to get in the long run.

    Give me a True Concertative President and a Republican Congress and I can list off several things that I would EXPECT to happen.

    Having no expectations is ignorant in my honest opinion. Having expectations but not saying them because you do not want to hear the other side when they do not happen is pathetic in my honest opinion.
    Oh.. I get it.. What part of Bush's meltdown don't you understand? Didn't you read my first response?
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

  15. #15
    Member PickOranges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    Abu Ubaida al-Masri
    Abu Laith al-Libi
    Musab al-Zarqawi
    Abu Suleiman al-Jazairi
    Were all unavailable to comment.

    What is this jibberish? Are you trying to say they were eliminated by Bush?
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •