Thread: Ex-Falls employee cites racism in unemployment fraud arrest

Ex-Falls employee cites racism in unemployment fraud arrest

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle948946.ece

(Clarence Bradley, of Niagara Falls, was arrested on two felony charges for falsely claiming unemployment benefits. Most New Yorkers who defraud the system do not end up with a criminal record.)

Clarence Bradley, a former high-ranking employee of the city of Niagara Falls Department of Public Works, was one of that very unlucky three percent prosecuted for unemployment fraud.
    Last year, after Bradley illegally applied for and obtained $3,240 in unemployment benefits, authorities threw the book at him.... cont...

I like the way the city is getting blamed for this. It's up to Unemployment(The state) to press any kind of charges. Last I checked the city isn't the state and after reading this line "State Labor Department officials said an individual's politics and race have no influence on the decision to seek criminal prosecutions.",means to me, The state wanted him prosecuted. All the city did was turn him in. The next move was up to Labor Department. Hummm, I'm going to risk 52,000 to gain 3,200... Maybe they should have thrown a charge of stupidity into it also. Dyster didn't like the guy but gave him a high paying job.

Thread Information