Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheriffs Dept.

Sheriffs Dept.

I'd like to start a new thread regarding the nonsense going on in the Sheriffs Dept. I've seen reference to numerous illegal activities within the department on other blogs, and would like to discuss here because of the censoring on the others.
    So, if you have a comment about the fact that the Sheriff is using road patrol deputies to transport inmates, instead of patroling the districts like he says he's supposed to, and leaving the districts empty, let's hear it!
    Or, if you have other comments, let's hear them.

Unhappy

I'm really disappointed, I thought for sure i'd get some feedback. Isn't there anyone besides me brave enough to speak out?

Hang in there, rural lady.

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for people to even know this is here.

I don't have much contact with the Sheriff (which is good news!) so I can't help you out.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: Sheriffs Dept.

Originally posted by rural lady
    I'd like to start a new thread regarding the nonsense going on in the Sheriffs Dept. I've seen reference to numerous illegal activities within the department on other blogs, and would like to discuss here because of the censoring on the others.
    So, if you have a comment about the fact that the Sheriff is using road patrol deputies to transport inmates, instead of patroling the districts like he says he's supposed to, and leaving the districts empty, let's hear it!
    Or, if you have other comments, let's hear them.
    What makes that illegal?

There may be illegal/unethical activities going on within the EC Sherriffs Dept. of which, none that I could share.
    If you wish to state fact with proof of those facts it would be nice to know.
    The rumor mill will run rampant if not kept in check with this kind of subject.
    Does corruption happen with cops? Yes! Just look at the 10 Buffalo cops who where busted this year. Could there be more? Maybe.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    10 were busted in 2005? Where and when and why?

Shortly after the shootings at the sphere. Front page buffalo news. Not certian of exact date or exact charges. Many had to do with the drug enforcement division.

Consider yourself lucky you still have some free police services, because you shouldn't have any.

You want police, you should pay for them.

moonshine
    Wild applause from the front row

Originally posted by LHardy
    Just look at the 10 Buffalo cops who where busted this year. Could there be more? Maybe.
    It was 3 cops I believe not 10 and they where all related to each other.

Originally posted by omar
    Consider yourself lucky you still have some free police services, because you shouldn't have any.

More wild applause. The sherrifes dept should be half the size it is

10 Buffalo cops were not busted in 2005.

In late 2004 and early 2005, a series of convictions were obtained against several officers with the Narcotics Division (?) who, years earlier, had been charged with a series of crimes. Like stealing from drug dealers. I think there was one of the officers who said he took the drug dealers laptop to peruse it for criminal activity. To protect it while it was in his custody, he bought a leather case for it. Another thought so much of the Rolex he was keeping "for evidence" that he kept it in an empty Marlboro pack in his garage.

At least that's what I remember from the stories in the paper.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Originally posted by steven
    More wild applause. The sherrifes dept should be half the size it is
    I don't think the Sheriffs Dept is free services as we all pay county taxes ( Boy, do we ever!) I'm saying that if you go by what the Sheriff himself said in front of the legislature ( the complete speech is on the Sheriff's website) he is mandated to provide road patrol for the county. Not by County Charter, but by State Law. My point is, if he is mandated, then why is he settling with the county, and not providing the full service. We are paying for full service with our taxes, and not receiving them.

Its not the road patrols I object to, its the free police service inside town limits that I object to.

The road patrol is not mandated at all. It's a luxury dating from the days when Buffalo's wealth and resultant high share of the county-wide tax was enough to carry the burden. Share the wealth, if you will.

Over 1,200 route miles of county roads, free road patrols in many towns including the two richest, Clarence and Grand Island, 52 librarys including branches in places like Elma, West Falls and North Collins.

Sounds like you country folk had a good deal.

But the funny thing is, the three legislators with the biggest subsidies most roads, sheriffs, etc--all Republicans Marshall, Ranzenhofer and McCarville)--would not vote for new taxes or for the resulting cuts needed to balance the budget.

Now it gets interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information